Hypotension From Oral Minoxidil (urgent)

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Ikarus is there a reason why you are drinking topical minoxidil instead of just popping a Loniten? less chance of getting hit by the negative side effects?

It’s because I’m finding it difficult to order it online. I have been trying to get it from my dermatologists, and I’ll try again when I visit them again.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem is , very young people, believe the sh*t and ignorant people that post here. Are you going to be responsable for the side effects of a 17 years old guy who use oral minoxidil cause you say , without any prove, that it is safe and it give better results than oral ?

At the end of the day, it’s up to other people to make their own decision. We can put information out there, but we’re not shoving the minoxidil down their throats.

Stop repeteing bushit . THIS IS A 40 years old drug !!! ! That was first used as oral !!!!!! cause side effects they went topical route. Just some dumb doctors use it as oral , The want ot be """""gurus """"""" . Use google, this all stupidity plus oral spironolactones was already tested in early 2000s for many hair loss suffers ( me included ) from hairsite and hairloss .

In the same scenario, there a new study showing that people who don't respond to topical minoxidil, start to respond after they add tretinoin and the paper show that it increase the enzyme that convert minoxidil into minoxidil sulphate !!! Real doctor have being using this formula since ealy 90s, for example Dr Lee and his popular Xandrox ( the real one, not the crap you can buy online now ) . That is science, that is prove.

All this dumb oral minoxidil is better will regrowth all our hair back, is brocience .

You are repeating bullshit. If I wanted a broken record, I’d buy one instead of having you go on and on about it being an old drug which was first used orally. My dermatologists are respected dermatologists, and they believe in the effectiveness of oral minoxidil. Maybe it has something to do with all oral medications working better than topicals.

A lot of people don’t like applying topicals, and they find it time consuming, including myself. It’s much easier to take something orally rather than apply it topically, especially if your hair is longer. Topical minoxidil also has skin-irritating agents such as alcohol, which will sensitise your scalp over time, along with potentially irritating the follicles. And then after that, they apply a retinoids to their scalp? I can sense the irritation, and I don’t even use the combination.

j4r0d

Reaction score
Yeah i think 5mg is the optimal dosage after experimenting with oral minoxidil since october 2018, tried upwards of 20mg before, no difference to 10mg, i don't think lowering to 5mg will make any difference either which is why im lowering it and will hopefully not get any heart sides, i have had exactly one heart palpitation since starting oral minoxidil and that was only just recently at 10mg but it scared the sh*t out of me lol My heart rate and blood pressure are fine though. Im on spironolactone too so i need to be even more careful with oral min.

I would discard spir
dark circles underneath your eyes? how long were you on oral minoxidil?

I would easily say 6+ month. It really did a difference on my face. The sleep issue is probably the main contributor, but it is also said oral minoxidil can damage collagen.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would discard spir

I would easily say 6+ month. It really did a difference on my face. The sleep issue is probably the main contributor, but it is also said oral minoxidil can damage collagen.

Spironolactone is great if you don’t suffer the effects of it being a diuretic.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it’s up to other people to make their own decision. We can put information out there, but we’re not shoving the minoxidil down their throats.

You are repeating bullshit. If I wanted a broken record, I’d buy one instead of having you go on and on about it being an old drug which was first used orally. My dermatologists are respected dermatologists, and they believe in the effectiveness of oral minoxidil. Maybe it has something to do with all oral medications working better than topicals.

A lot of people don’t like applying topicals, and they find it time consuming, including myself. It’s much easier to take something orally rather than apply it topically, especially if your hair is longer. Topical minoxidil also has skin-irritating agents such as alcohol, which will sensitise your scalp over time, along with potentially irritating the follicles. And then after that, they apply a retinoids to their scalp? I can sense the irritation, and I don’t even use the combination.
"My dermatologists are respected dermatologists, and they believe in the effectiveness of oral minoxidil"

It is not a question of faith and believe, it is a question os Science . Show at least one paper one paper in more than 40 years that prove showing that oral is more effective than topical.

Applying retioind to the scalp is bad ?! Hahahahahaha, lol. Dude. Have you ever heard about Dr. Lee ? Xandrox ? Dr Klein ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone is great if you don’t suffer the effects of it being a diuretic.
Hahahahahahahahaha. There is not any other drug, not any other, that produce so Hard and easily Gynecomastia . Dude, do you know what google is ? What about doing a research ? pubmed ? nothing ?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahaha. There is not any other drug, not any other, that produce so Hard and easily Gynecomastia . Dude, do you know what google is ? What about doing a research ? pubmed ? nothing ?

I mean, we’re putting aside those side effects. Do you know who you’re talking to? You’re talking to someone on bicalutamide and estradiol, of course I know more than you on the topic of AAs.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"My dermatologists are respected dermatologists, and they believe in the effectiveness of oral minoxidil"

It is not a question of faith and believe, it is a question os Science . Show at least one paper one paper in more than 40 years that prove showing that oral is more effective than topical.

Applying retioind to the scalp is bad ?! Hahahahahaha, lol. Dude. Have you ever heard about Dr. Lee ? Xandrox ? Dr Klein ?

Are you that incompetent? Using alcohols on your scalp, a skin irritant, and then applying a retinoid? Would you apply that same method on your face, or applying alcohol and then a retinoid?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is becoming more and more used to treat hair loss by dermatologists, as long as you have no heart problems you will be fine with a dosage of 2.5mg or 5mg.

The unknown doctor from the hair loss forum has spoken again with facts taken right out of his smelly ***. "Oral minoxidil is becoming more and more used to treat hair loss by dermatologists" who never heard that it was been banned from the market because it's effect wasn't stable in the blood and created more damage than good. And anyways, where the f*** do you actually know that is becoming more and more used to treat hair loss by dermatologists? Have you spoken with them or seen any statistic regarding it's use for hair loss or just because you saw 2-3 idiots on the hair loss forum say that it's being prescribed widely for hair loss, even if you can get it only from the "black market".

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would discard spir

I don't intend stopping spironolactone, i have seen some people get great results from it, people who had hairloss much worse than me, im going to give it 12 months and see if there is any change, if i don't get results im willing to start using 2mg estradiol.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The unknown doctor from the hair loss forum has spoken again with facts taken right out of his smelly ***. "Oral minoxidil is becoming more and more used to treat hair loss by dermatologists" who never heard that it was been banned from the market because it's effect wasn't stable in the blood and created more damage than good. And anyways, where the f*** do you actually know that is becoming more and more used to treat hair loss by dermatologists? Have you spoken with them or seen any statistic regarding it's use for hair loss or just because you saw 2-3 idiots on the hair loss forum say that it's being prescribed widely for hair loss, even if you can get it only from the "black market".

The UK NHS for example has started talking about low dose oral and it's benefits https://www.srft.nhs.uk/EasysiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=88353&type=full&servicetype=Inline

Plus there was a dermatologist, who's name i can't quite remember who has been prescribing 5mg oral minoxidil for 16 years to hundreds of patients with no major sides to report, here is an excerpt https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=vd6ILG_cOjIC&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq=i+have+prescribed+oral+minoxidil+to+hundreds+of+patients&source=bl&ots=4e4sHoWgXV&sig=ACfU3U2cfCO95Uq8UPteKtYm2azlUmCkUA&hair loss=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjH9qnHiaDnAhXOYcAKHch5Dd8Q6AEwDXoECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q=i have prescribed oral minoxidil to hundreds of patients&f=false

Not to mention there has been a major increase in people on this site asking about low dose oral after it being recommended by their dermatologist, it's definitely getting more attention these days.

Last edited:

Dhldan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought the hypotension went away since I felt fine for half a day, but it’s still here. Been off minoxidil for 2 weeks, not sure if I should be concerned or just wait a bit longer. It does seem less severe than before though

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The UK NHS for example has started talking about low dose oral and it's benefits https://www.srft.nhs.uk/EasysiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=88353&type=full&servicetype=Inline

Plus there was a dermatologist, who's name i can't quite remember who has been prescribing 5mg oral minoxidil for 16 years to hundreds of patients with no major sides to report, here is an excerpt https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=vd6ILG_cOjIC&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq=i+have+prescribed+oral+minoxidil+to+hundreds+of+patients&source=bl&ots=4e4sHoWgXV&sig=ACfU3U2cfCO95Uq8UPteKtYm2azlUmCkUA&hair loss=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjH9qnHiaDnAhXOYcAKHch5Dd8Q6AEwDXoECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q=i have prescribed oral minoxidil to hundreds of patients&f=false

Not to mention there has been a major increase in people on this site asking about low dose oral after it being recommended by their dermatologist, it's definitely getting more attention these days.

Ohh so one anecdotal report from a dermatologist that was prescribing it for 16 years for hairloss without really knowing how the treatment went for his patients or what sides did they get or who the f*** they are means that it's major? A couple of hundred people are you serious lol? And a major increase in people asking about it on this site of 100 max active same users everyday? lol ok, you convinced me, it must be real safe lol

It's really amazing and stupefying how most of you defend 5ar inhibitors with long term studies done by groups of interests that say it's safe even if an equal or even higher amount of studies are done that say the contrary, but at least you defend it with studies, but in the same time when it comes to off label drugs like dutasteride, minoxidil, ru, cb, estrogen, bica and many others shits, you don't even have long term studies about their efficacy for hair loss or safety profile but still defend them with your life based on anecdotal reports. So any way you take it, with studies or not, if it grows hair or at least promises in theory, you baboons are so desperate that would bypass all the negative long term studies on them and still take them and promote them. I will never get this mentality but what do i expect, i am on the hair loss forum where everything is possible.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohh so one anecdotal report from a dermatologist that was prescribing it for 16 years for hairloss without really knowing how the treatment went for his patients or what sides did they get or who the f*** they are means that it's major? A couple of hundred people are you serious lol? And a major increase in people asking about it on this site of 100 max active same users everyday? lol ok, you convinced me, it must be real safe lol

It's really amazing and stupefying how most of you defend 5ar inhibitors with long term studies done by groups of interests that say it's safe even if an equal or even higher amount of studies are done that say the contrary, but at least you defend it with studies, but in the same time when it comes to off label drugs like dutasteride, minoxidil, ru, cb, estrogen, bica and many others shits, you don't even have long term studies about their efficacy for hair loss or safety profile but still defend them with your life based on anecdotal reports. So any way you take it, with studies or not, if it grows hair or at least promises in theory, you baboons are so desperate that would bypass all the negative long term studies on them and still take them and promote them. I will never get this mentality but what do i expect, i am on the hair loss forum where everything is possible.

You sound like a very angry person, not someone i really want to discuss any sort of topic with, wish you all the best in life, whether it's going bald and accepting it or tackling hair loss, good luck.

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you that incompetent? Using alcohols on your scalp, a skin irritant, and then applying a retinoid? Would you apply that same method on your face, or applying alcohol and then a retinoid?
Still probably safer than taking the lowest dose of oral minoxidil. The scalp is thick and tough. One of the reason the solution has such a high concentration of min.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You sound like a very angry person, not someone i really want to discuss any sort of topic with, wish you all the best in life, whether it's going bald and accepting it or tackling hair loss, good luck.

Well i think you spent to much time online reading "studies" and talking with the incels if you think now your some kind of medium that predicts people's moods by reading their comments. It's ok, it's natural for a bunch of desperate incels to get triggered when they run out of arguments, they usually react like you or start offending others out of nowhere. A bunch of hypocrites, nothing more

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, we’re putting aside those side effects. Do you know who you’re talking to? You’re talking to someone on bicalutamide and estradiol, of course I know more than you on the topic of AAs.

I am a pharmacist , 22 years treating male pattern baldness. So good luck with that.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a pharmacist , 22 years treating male pattern baldness. So good luck with that.

That is a crock of sh*t, I have never seen a pharmacist that against finasteride. And, I hope you’re not one because you would probably be yelling at the customers if they have a finasteride prescription. And, you use spironolactone cream, which is self explanatory

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still probably safer than taking the lowest dose of oral minoxidil. The scalp is thick and tough. One of the reason the solution has such a high concentration of min.

Irritation from the alcohols is the reason why many have a negative reaction to the topical. And then applying a retinoid to your scalp can lead to further irritation. It might be safer than taking oral minoxidil, but it doesn’t change that it will have negative effects on your scalp and it’s an inconvenience to apply.