Hyaluronic Acid Mitigates Dark Circles

raskoblaskan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been reducing my dark circles with HA and creatine. Both of these build volume under the eyes when applied topically, and are dirt cheap. A 3 year supply of either is $15 from a bulk powder store.

HA is more powerful than creatine - it sucks up 100+ times its own weight in water. Tightening under your eyes happens in a few minutes. Volume is key to hiding the veins underneath, which are causing part of the darkness. And if you have sunken hollows, the extra volume puffs them out somewhat, reducing hollow depth. It doesn't look puffy or weird. Just fuller.

I apply it twice about 1 hour and 1/2 hour before I go out. After a week of treatment, it makes me look 5 years younger at least.

I got this idea when reading about how actors made themselves look younger with Restylane. Shortly after I got the dark circles I priced out Restylane injections. Thousands of dollars for a years treatment. Then I noticed the main ingredient was hyaluronic acid. And my favorite bulk powder store carried that. Thus my experiments began. Each application seems to last about a week. Try it. Costs less than 4 lattes to try. Let me know what you think.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you detail a bit more what is you do exactly? Like are you just dissolving HA and creatine in some water and then applying it to the eye area?

mercail

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm interested, I have very deep set eyes and I'd love having a less threatening look. Could you elaborate some more on your experience?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dark eye circles often come with eye bags. no? So more often than not more volume is not what you want.

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
I imagine that would just puff out your eyes and give huge eye bags. Eye bags significantly affect men more than women. Most say minoxidil gives both eye bags and dark circles. More fluid retention around the eyes might work for people with no eye bags to start with but I would think it's counterproductive for most. Topical glutathione to address the inflammation and stagnant waste since it induces autophagy would be a good idea. Also oral and topical pine bark extract too since it addresses fluid retention and circulation with the veins and is very effective in that regard studies have shown for edema and vericos veins and other circulation issues, 200 mg a day. The topical with glutathione and pine bark extract 90%, you'd just mix the powders in some moisturizer and store in the fridge, make a new batch every week. Concentration I believe is 4% for a 90% pine bark extract and glutathione no clue, probably 3-5% is good enough.

Ag87

Reaction score
Does the OP or anyone have more info on this? I really suffer with sunken eyes!

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are plenty of cosmetic skin care/eye care products containing hyaluronic acid. It has been considered a big thing for many years now. It is rather confusing looking through the list of ingredients that majority of us have no idea about, but it is worth looking out for HA in the list.

FOLLICLOLZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
HA serums aren't expensive, but can make equivalent HA serum for pennies on the dollar using bulk powder, distilled water, and a splash of preservative.

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
Low molecular weight HA is if I remember correctly is the only one that actually penetrates and plumps vs the high molecular weight HA just sits on the skin and keeps moisture in. So we are talking about low molecular weight HA acid here, which is the common one used in skin care should be avoided, it causes inflammation which will make the eye area look worse. It's unnatural given it's HA which has been chopped up and made smaller and the body views it as a foreign substance and attacks it I believe was the reason stated.

If you guys really want to go that route there is another option that will give the same result without the inflammation,
Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide. It's significantly more expensive and has to be refrigerated once opened. I only know of one brand that sells it. Hope this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076GPYR5...olid=11G1DAPZDOOGK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it