Humans Do Nothing But Cope Because Life Is Suffering.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's throw out some philosophy here.

I actually don't believe in what people call "love", not the word, but the actual meaning of it. We all know that life is suffering for anyone, but it differs from one to another and how people react to it and how much a person can take before he goes insane, but we all still suffer.

Why we suffer ? Because humans are sensitive beings who love drama, attention and willingly seek out for problems and because humans seek perfection and at the end of the day no one can achieve that.

Let's talk again about "love" and how i see it. My concept of love that it's a selfish desires everyone feel when they find a person that lessens their suffering in life, so they try their hardest to not lose that person because their suffering would dramatically increase.

Before you get mad and shout out at me ask yourselves this. Would you prefer to die before the person you "love" dies or die after they die ?

I know that 99% would prefer to die first.

Why ? Isn't the person going to die anyways ? Because if that person you love died first you would suffer and the role that person did in lessening your suffering would be over, but if you died first you would be dead anyways, so it wouldn't matter because you wont be hurt or suffer.

In conclusion we only care for ourselves at the end of the day and that's why i don't believe in "love" and the weird fantasy people delude themselves to believe is true.

I know that you would say that i'm coping because i can't get a relationship and you're not wrong, but even "love" and relationships are forms of coping with life and it's suffering, so i'm technically coping for not being able to cope better, because eventually everything humans do is a cope because human nature is strange and too weird to be fully understood.

For people who are mad because of this post, calm down this is the philosophy of a 18 years old and please don't quote the last part of my post about my age and say "that's your problem you're still young".

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Stanx for the topic, this philosophy has been around since Buddhism or before, in Zen Buddhism, the main belief is desire causes suffering.
I know that Buddha said that life is suffering, but the main point of my post was how i view love and the actions of humans.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You must have no role models in life in which you see genuinely good actions form with little concern for themselves.

If you try hard enough you can twist anything in to being a self-interest. People can give to charity anonymously, never tell anyone and you would say "they're only doing that to feel good about themselves".

I'm very cynical about people and our selfish motives but I do believe that in some form the vast majority of people regularly perform selfless acts, without even realising it, even the narcissists and sociopaths.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you feel good about committing good deeds, doesn't that make you a good person?

Usually yes but because there is the possibility of feeling "superior" because you did something good, and you thrive on feeling better than someone else, then people think because this is a possibility that people must feel it all of the time. And that's not necessarily true.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Truly being free and morally right is letting go of every materialistic desire and negative emotion. Most people won't achieve this, almost seems nonhuman. Maybe in moments we will do this but it will be short lived. The best we can do is get our **** together and jump through the hoops of life safely. You make some good deep posts for a kid.

I think if you do it in moments then that at least shows the glimmer of possibly being truly humble, which to me is what we can hold on to in the hope for humanity.

It's a good topic and I've had similar nihilistic thoughts but I think it's too damning to assume the absolute worst in all actions.

I mean even if it were true, and there was no other thought in the human psyche than ultimately looking out for your own self-preservation, would that be so hard to understand? If that's all we've known for many civilisations, and now we're expected to do or feel things out of true compassion?

I don't know why humans feel selfless, it may by some byproduct of needing self-preservation, but I know it exists.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some Moral Sentences from François de La rochefoucault, 17th Century, some of you might enjoy (as much as I do)
  • "Our virtues are most frequently but vices in disguise."
  • "If we had no faults, we should not take so much pleasure in noting those of others."
  • "The happiness and misery of men depend no less on temper than fortune." (fortune= course of life)
  • "Sincerity is an openness of heart; we find it in very few people; what we usually see is only an artful dissimulation to win the confidence of others."

Oh ya this guy, the Pokemon evolved version of Michel Foucault.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw Bridge, could you please fill me in with Niacin and its effects???
I dont know too much about it. most things searched about Niacin bring me to a bunch of hippy articles claiming its good for hair, lol. but i did find this study on niacin deritives.
A pilot study evaluating the efficacy of topically applied niacin derivatives for treatment of female pattern alopecia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17168873/

For some reason i have it written down in my notebook that it inhibits tgfb? , but I cant find the studt where I read that so I think i had niacin b-3 confused with procyanidin b-3.

If you take a high oral dose of niacin, it causes the niacin flush which is a release of pgd2. There is controversy regarding the niacin flush. some think its good for hair and some think its bad.
the ones that think its good argue that it flushes pgd2 from the receptor that doesn't affect hair. and that it temporary increases plasma pgd2 because it flushes it to be proccessed out of the system and that its a good thing in the long run.

still I think this could be bad because some of pgd2 that was on the receptor which doesnt affect hair could get released into the bloodstream and somehow make its way to the receptor which does.
on the other hand, I read that if ypu do it regularly, the flushes get less and less, or that you also might need to take a higher and higher amount of niacin to get a flush.
so some see this as evidence that there is less pgd2 in their body because of the regular niacin flushes. which may be true but I don't know so I honestly avoid hair products with niacin just in case.

@IdealForehead uses niacinimide, i think for inflammation and skin benefits. Niacianimide is not exactly the same as niacin and according to him doesn't cause a flush.

If i remember correctly, some old posts by Bryan also used to promote niacin derivitives and some which were in doctor proctors products. I think for oxidative stress.

thats basically everything i know about it.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
But when you think that the universe is 13 billion years old and humanity has been around for barely 200k years, it puts into perspective how we're just a tiny blip in the whole thing. Earth is 4.6 billions year old. There could even be multiverses. Many species have come and gone and although we're the only known one with this type of intelligence, even other species on Earth have shown their ability to adapt to the environment through evolution or die out. It's a case of survive or die.
what i want to know is.. why the hell did baldness evolve?!