HRT for treatment androgenetic alopecia

Dior76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question from cis-male To transgenders especially. Been reading about HRT, and was thinking about doing it. If i can get the meds online as nobody probably would prescribe me meds approved for use in Females/transgenders only. I've Been reading about it lately and I can handle boobs and things like that. But i'm not willing to do it if it is full blown/noticeable facial feminizing i really dont want to look like a girl facially. Heard about changes to facial fat deposits. Are there Any studies with info about facial feminizazation??. Treatments like minoxidil or PPR is almost out of sigth as My balding pattern probably Will reach end destination NW6/NW7) in No time. I'm considering hair system if i don't choose HRT. Could spironolactone alone or similar medication help with regrowth?.

I'm Currently a Diffuse NW5 Cis-male.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most discussions of HRT related treatments are here:

I've been using estrogen for two years and look like a man with tiny boobs so face haven't feminized much if at all. Also using minoxidil and microneedling with a dr. pen every two weeks.

Both HRT and minoxidil is for life but minoxidil is what is scientifically known to regrow hair to some degree in most people, combining minoxidil with microneedling (using a dermaroller, a stamp, or a pen) increases the hair-growth effect. See:

HRT isn't a guaranteed success as many male-to-female transsexuals need to wear a wig even after years of estrogen treatment and the side-effects are severe for anyone identifying as a man. Libido can be reduced to zero, balls will shrink, impotence is possible, ejaculations will be reduced to a watery dribble or stopped completely, and of course reduction of or elimination of sperm might make it impossible to become a father.

Dior76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most discussions of HRT related treatments are here:

I've been using estrogen for two years and look like a man with tiny boobs so face haven't feminized much if at all. Also using minoxidil and microneedling with a dr. pen every two weeks.

Both HRT and minoxidil is for life but minoxidil is what is scientifically known to regrow hair to some degree in most people, combining minoxidil with microneedling (using a dermaroller, a stamp, or a pen) increases the hair-growth effect. See:

HRT isn't a guaranteed success as many male-to-female transsexuals need to wear a wig even after years of estrogen treatment and the side-effects are severe for anyone identifying as a man. Libido can be reduced to zero, balls will shrink, impotence is possible, ejaculations will be reduced to a watery dribble or stopped completely, and of course reduction of or elimination of sperm might make it impossible to become a father.
Last question. What estradiol did you use? Name on packet Did you use the same All the time?. Is there Any way know chance for succes as you say it's No gurantee

Diannet

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a woman but quite androgynous all my life, and now post-menopause I'm losing hair in the same pattern as my dad! Horrors!
I'm already pretty fed up with pharmaceutical drugs and their toxic effects, one of which is hair loss! Almost pushed to considering HRT, but as I'm a medical scientist, and wellness consultant and have studied the hormone pathway and effects plus risks of HRT, I'm not going down that path. So it's been Saw Palmetto internally and external scalp massge, and essential oils, with a small effect at reducing hair fall. Wish it would grow back though! So in my researches in peer-reviewed scientific journals one day I was looking for solutions for my skin aging, and found something that not only solves that but also hair loss as well!! Here's what the scientists who did the study say: “These results indicate that klotho might be an important regulatory factor for human hair growth and hair cycle change.“ When they gave people Klotho, their hair growth prolonged. I'm going to try it myself and fortunately it is available freely online. This is where I’m getting mine, because I’ve talked to the owner of the business and trust him:
https://www.buckylabs.com/klotho-2/
I'll be interested in anyone else's results with this.