Howdy. New Here, Looking For Some Help.

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope you're all well :)

Only recently signed up on here to get some advice from the userbase regarding my situation.

In short, I'm 23 years of age, and as you can see, blonde :D

Wanted to get some opinions on the current state of my situation and get a list of products I should buy today to kick start "treatment" as it were.

I know I've probably taken a kicking in the last year as I underwent some extreme weight loss that no doubt put stress on my body (by extreme, I mean that as of now I've currently cut 102lbs since June 1st)

Thanks again for any help guys!

Attachments

• 2a73bbf5f9e2de3ab14d038512c66142.png
    2a73bbf5f9e2de3ab14d038512c66142.png
    431.2 KB · Views: 573
  • 83fe66f92ec8ea4404648f24b7c7cec7.png
    83fe66f92ec8ea4404648f24b7c7cec7.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 587
  • 4e651cf1814dded09e130ffe7a63b61b.png
    4e651cf1814dded09e130ffe7a63b61b.png
    588.4 KB · Views: 562

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude,

Congrats on the weight loss. My advice would be to read up on the big 3 (finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil) to learn about the pros and cons. Maybe book an appointment with your GP to get some blood tests and general advice to see if your weight loss has anything to do with your hair loss.

You have sort of similar hair to mine. Personally, I think it would look better if you had it cut shorter as it would give the appearance of thicker, fuller hair as opposed to be so strangly and thin.

Up the gunners ;)

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude,

Congrats on the weight loss. My advice would be to read up on the big 3 (finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil) to learn about the pros and cons. Maybe book an appointment with your GP to get some blood tests and general advice to see if your weight loss has anything to do with your hair loss.

You have sort of similar hair to mine. Personally, I think it would look better if you had it cut shorter as it would give the appearance of thicker, fuller hair as opposed to be so strangly and thin.

Up the gunners ;)
Haha, thanks man!

Yeah, usually get it cut short. Wish I could say I'm as enthusiastic about your reply as I am about supporting this absolutely crap football team :D

But yeah, one thing I noticed also is that my hair is growing way slower than about 4-5 years ago. Pretty much get cut now every 3-4 months, no idea if that's the norm or not :D

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, thanks man!

Yeah, usually get it cut short. Wish I could say I'm as enthusiastic about your reply as I am about supporting this absolutely crap football team :D

But yeah, one thing I noticed also is that my hair is growing way slower than about 4-5 years ago. Pretty much get cut now every 3-4 months, no idea if that's the norm or not :D
I get mine done like once every two weeks just because I hate my sides getting long xD I use biotin - it's supposed to make your hair grow thicker and faster so I don't know if that interests you. I got it off Amazon and it's only cheap.

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get mine done like once every two weeks just because I hate my sides getting long xD I use biotin - it's supposed to make your hair grow thicker and faster so I don't know if that interests you. I got it off Amazon and it's only cheap.
Appreciate it, and thanks for replying so fast also :)

Weird how we notice the little things in our hair and it then just kind of eats away at you though right? Literally no idea how bad my situation is to others, but hoping its not too far gone as of yet :D

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate it, and thanks for replying so fast also :)

Weird how we notice the little things in our hair and it then just kind of eats away at you though right? Literally no idea how bad my situation is to others, but hoping its not too far gone as of yet :D
Yea, I've thought that loads. No one would even notice my hairs difference after two weeks, but for me it's like I look like a different person lol

And honestly, your hair isn't that bad at all. Loads of people on here have it worse. Like I said, look into the big 3 and it's possible you could maintain or even get some growth back.

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, I've thought that loads. No one would even notice my hairs difference after two weeks, but for me it's like I look like a different person lol

And honestly, your hair isn't that bad at all. Loads of people on here have it worse. Like I said, look into the big 3 and it's possible you could maintain or even get some growth back.
Thanks again bud!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're definitely receding, it's not so bad yet and you do a good job at covering it up. Get on finasteride to hopefully maintain what you got, congrats on weight loss!

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're definitely receding, it's not so bad yet and you do a good job at covering it up. Get on finasteride to hopefully maintain what you got, congrats on weight loss!
May sound stupid, but would you say getting finasteride from an over-the-counter online pharmacy is fine, or would you suggest only getting it on doctor's advice?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always used online pharmacies. Getting a doctors prescription can take time and some won't even be willing to prescribe finasteride, mine didn't. Use reputed pharmacies and you can never go wrong.

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've always used online pharmacies. Getting a doctors prescription can take time and some won't even be willing to prescribe finasteride, mine didn't. Use reputed pharmacies and you can never go wrong.
Thanks Andy. From the bits and pieces I've read it's essentially one tablet a day right?

Found a place where I can get a 5 month supply at 1mg for £70, that sound about right or waaaaaaaaay over the normal price?

YoMrWhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
God doctors are so vile. Do they take joy out of torturing their patients? How the f*** can they DENY someone their hair. "Bu... but its not a medical emergency" - WELL f*** THEM try getting laid with no hair in your 20s. f*****g stupid sadistic c****. Every doctor that denies a mans right to Finasteride should have their license revoked.

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all!

I know not many would remember this thread, but there's nothing like an update and some honest feedback from my favourite balding brotherhood.

So the story, a year ago, I got through the end of a 100-110lb weight loss, and naturally, as you start to feel good about yourself, you look at yourself a little more and you notice things, hence the birth of this thread.

I talked to a lot of guys like @AnxiousAndy , @GoldenMane and also for a brief time @DoctorHouse , so thanks to those guys for giving me the basic knowledge and also a warm welcome when replying to a noob like me.

Anyway, it's been way over a year now since I started finasteride, believe I ended up starting late Feb 2018. I wanted to post some update pics to see if it's doing anything, if it's maintaining, etc etc. I'm prepared for the worst in all honesty as I still don't feel like I see any difference at all.

Hope everyone reading is well and had a good past 12 months anyway :)

P.S - I still am not anywhere near the level of world class photographer, don't roast me for that :D

.34cfc022be26088c3843401730d3297d.png 305eb1c3b76c2e7d63ac8afff2284191.png 39956f82c8ab38324484cddcbf45beac.png ba74ce536f76b928b4f0fdcb399dd046.png bdf755f688ef421ab23073a6c6baaf1c.png cedc583b454d1644d0ac3def7b52d8e2.png d24ab87d0dbd23f98c78d5ab6b1f314b.png da5322d70b5180489b5f05cffbd28cd3.png

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, farewell until the next update then guys!

Have a good week :)
Looks the same, i'd say you maintained only; factoring the timeline. You aren't in a bad position anyways, so consider a Hair transplant if you'd like to enhance your current hair situation. Best of luck.

Bakes0202

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks the same, i'd say you maintained only; factoring the timeline. You aren't in a bad position anyways, so consider a Hair transplant if you'd like to enhance your current hair situation. Best of luck.
Appreciate the feedback my man!

I'm pretty happy with maintaining to be perfectly honest, that was always the aim a year ago, so I'll take it.