How young is too young?

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairloss started the same way. It was very thick but started shedding a lot when I was 20. At first it wasn't a big deal because there was heaps left. But I started to see it thinning out and receding and I knew I'd have to do something about it soon enough. I didn't start finasteride straight away. At that time I didn't even know about it. Plus I couldn't have afforded it at the time. But if I'd known about it and I could have bought it, knowing what I know now I would have taken it.

To answer your main question, you're not too young. You should try it and see how it goes. Maybe try taking 0.5mg daily instead of 1mg if you're worried about side effects. One of the great things about taking finasteride is that you feel like you're doing something. It helps you move on and not focus so much on your hairloss anymore. So if your hairloss bothers you then try it and see. If you wait untill your hair is gone then finasteride won't be nearly as effective.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to think about my hair loss all the time. Even if I continued losing my hair it wouldn't bother me now. I'm doing as much as I can, and that's all there is.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

Pondle said:
Dannie said:
can your dick really shrink from propecia?

There is no evidence of this in humans. One study in rats (where finasteride inhibits both 5AR isoenzymes) seems to suggest that finasteride treatment can alter penile tissue. But that's a far cry from suggesting that Proscar or Propecia at normal doses can shrink a human penis.

I dont think normal dosage of finasteride will shrink one's penis...I could be wrong though.

paximperia

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride can prevent you from growing a penis, but once it's there, it's there. As a general rule, drugs can't make body parts disappear. It could make you less aroused, which could cause less blood to penis. But that's temporary... I can live with that.