how to test my PGD2

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys,
as some of you know I have been one of the few here consistently on OC since last year.
I have discussed my results is several posts, so please don't derail the conversation.
After some online seraching I noticed that there is talk about PGD2 being good for male sexual health. Well, to nuance this: there is strong evidence implicating it in the male sexual development (not a concern at our age) but also evidence that people with low levels of PGD2 can improve their erection by taking niacin (a pgd2 promoter).

that sucks if true, as the whole coolness of PGD2 inhibition was to get around the sexual sides.
Now I don't want to go scare people as the link is clearly weaker and less documented (maybe 1 or 2 papers) than the link between DHT and sexual function...

my question is simply whether anyone knows whether I can get my PGD2 levels tested and which doctor I should go to....

I feel that after a year of taking OC (I reduced the dose substantially yet still only losing 5 hairs a day as opposed to 50) it is worth checking where I stand in terms of blood/urine concentration...

and yes I am experiencing stuff, that could be attributed to several things I have done, but want to rest my mind on the OC thing.

Thanks for any thoughtful comments

W

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
but also evidence that people with low levels of PGD2 can improve their erection by taking niacin (a pgd2 promoter).

Orally, not topically unless Niacin gets into the bloodstream. Something you need to think about.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Orally, not topically unless Niacin gets into the bloodstream. Something you need to think about.

Well isn't the reason for me wanting to test pgd2 is to find out whether it is having a systemic effect...