How to talk to my boyfriend about his hair system??? help!

curious_girlfriend

Reaction score
My boyfriend has what I think is a hair system... we have never discussed it but I've always been curious about it. I haven't brought it up because I first noticed it when we started dating and didn't want to bring up a sensitive subject.(I'm much younger than he is and didn't wanna make him feel old haha) Then I just never mentioned it but I've always wanted to ask him about it. I came to this discussion board to get advice on how to bring it up or whether i even should or not. It doesn't bother me and I think it looks fine for the most part. I probably wouldn't have noticed except that it gets mussed when he sleeps and you can see the separation between the system and his real hair till he showers. Also at times I notice that the hairline is not *quite* natural but I'm also an artist and spend a lot of time studying people so most other people probably wouldn't notice. I know these have to be replaced from time to time and want to suggest a style thats a little longer or slightly wavy because i think it would look nice on him but since we've never talked about it at all i don't know how i would do that. I also think its kind of silly that we haven't since we've been living together for almost a year and a half! So basically i would like to know what other people who have experienced hairloss or maybe also have a hairsystem think about all this. Any advice or opinions are appreciated! :innocent:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Since you are almost sure its a hair system, why bother asking. Wait until he feels comfortable enough to tell you about it. Otherwise, let him think you really don't care one way or another. When he finally tells you, you will know he has reached a level where he totally trusts you to know.

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just say that you know and what concerns you.It will be a weight off of his mind also as i bet he is worried sick that if you found out you would be shallow enough to dump him or make a fool of him.
No point trying to avoid the subject and he will be pleased that you are showing an intrest,especially when it comes to advice and help with styles etc...
Let us all know how you get on and what his reaction is,i bet it will be one of relief!!!

curious_girlfriend

Reaction score
Hmm Ok thank you all for the input. I guess I'll bring it up next time he comes back from a "haircut" (which is sometimes with hair that actually looks longer so I assume he means he's going to have it cleaned and or switched) He's such a confident guy and i'm sure he knows that i know somethings up with his hair. Thats also kind of why its never been mentioned i guess. But once or twice i've fixed his hair in the front for him and i think he just doesnt like this about himself... It might be like the only thing hes not totally confident about. I love him and would rather not have any unspoken secrets with each other. Thanks again for advice!

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything should be ok,he might be a bit embarrassed but in the grand scale of things that is nothing as he has an understanding woman by his side.
It just shows you how stupid and silly all the stigma attatched to wigs really is though!
Women can go out and get anything done to them surgically or wear wigs and no one says a thing but if a man decides to do that then society in general take the piss!!! :shakehead:
That is the main reason that the majority of men try and hide such things from everyone else.
Good luck,but i doubt you need it :bravo:

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
If it's clear you don't think less of him for wearing a piece he'll probably be relieved that you can talk to him about it- at least enough to give him some advice and show him you don't mind.

cuebald

Reaction score
There's just no way I could wear a hairpiece in-front of a wife/girlfriend who knew, and still feel masculine. I'd feel ridiculous, and I'd be unable to stand up for myself, or to act fearless/masculine etc in front of her.

I'd feel just like I was wearing a pair of frilly girls underwear under my suit, and that everyone knew I was wearing them.

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
There's just no way I could wear a hairpiece in-front of a wife/girlfriend who knew, and still feel masculine. I'd feel ridiculous, and I'd be unable to stand up for myself, or to act fearless/masculine etc in front of her.

I'd feel just like I was wearing a pair of frilly girls underwear under my suit, and that everyone knew I was wearing them.
I think you have problems if you think wearing a hearpiece makes you less masculine :whistle:

tizonalex

Reaction score
Hi

I think it's worthwhile to talk about it with your boy friend, because it will unload a lot of worry for him. Since you are willing to provide him with hair advice to look better for future social situations. Also he will understand that you are accepting him and willing to help.

wantbackmyhairnow

Reaction score
You should take away his ridiculous hairpiece.Men that wear an hairpiece are not real men.C'mon better to be bald than to wear an hairpiece.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Or Iwantmybackhairnow.

I wish all women had the same outlook on wearing systems as the OP does. Life would be much easier for us if that were the case. Unfortunately most women want natural beauty.... all or nothing. Sure, it's a double standard that they can do all this crap to make themselves look better but we apparently can't (at least when it comes to hair replacement).

I really want to go this route because being bald sucks for obvious reasons and I think a good system would change all that for me.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea...say that to enrique iglesias, to ricky ponting, mark clanttenburg and so on...they all have gained their life back...and a full head o f hair!