how to switch from topical to oral minoxidil

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
mate, do you ever stop?
stay on it and live with it, or quit... its that simple...

and yes, it doesnt work as people always want to believe it does... i wouldnt even say it works better than topical, more or less the same in my case... some regrowth for a few weeks, maybe two month tops and that was it...

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
mate, do you ever stop?
stay on it and live with it, or quit... its that simple...

and yes, it doesnt work as people always want to believe it does... i wouldnt even say it works better than topical, more or less the same in my case... some regrowth for a few weeks, maybe two month tops and that was it...
No I do not stop but I think you should ,I'm just letting people know that this reletivly dangerous drug that is not as efficacious as people on here seem to think also on reddit tressless newbies are saying it works well for all people so they jump on it at massive doses and get heart palpitations and permanent unwanted hypertrichosis and no results on there scalp and wonder why,the studies are misleading also with no good pics to back up the findings on most of them,im now on 10mg just to say I've really given this stuff a good test, but yeah like I keep saying its just hype like white air force 1 or hot rolexes like the hulk etc etc
I feel the hairtransplant industry are to blame pushing this drug because the crappy drs make money pushing it on all there patients when they wont take the blame for there sh*t results they keep producing especially in Belgium smh

Last edited:

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I do not stop but I think you should ,I'm just letting people know that this reletivly dangerous drug that is not as efficacious as people on here seem to think also on reddit tressless newbies are saying it works well for all people so they jump on it at massive doses and get heart palpitations and permanent unwanted hypertrichosis and no results on there scalp and wonder why,the studies are misleading also with no good pics to back up the findings on most of them,im now on 10mg just to say I've really given this stuff a good test, but yeah like I keep saying its just hype like white air force 1 or hot rolexes like the hulk etc etc
I feel the hairtransplant industry are to blame pushing this drug because the crappy drs make money pushing it on all there patients when they wont take the blame for there sh*t results they keep producing especially in Belgium smh
was anybody talking to you?

i dont have any issues with oral min, unlike OP has and OP is complaining about it for ages...
for me it has about the same effect as topical, its just way cheaper...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score

i dont have any issues with oral min, unlike OP has and OP is complaining about it for ages...
same effect on scalp but with body hypertrichosis i guess?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the hypertrichosis is not reversible?

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score

My bad mate I thought you were talking to me,Derek mpmd vid speak on oral minoxidil thinks that 2 mg a day of topical is like 100mg of min to the scalp with some going systemic therefore taking 5 or 10 mg of oral would pretty much yield the same results as topical.and that makes sense because if oral was so good then there would be tons and tons of success storys of oral minoxidil but there is not.so I agree that topical is probbly not worse or less efficacious than oral ,so for most people if you dont respond to topical you probbly wont respond to oral ,but some outliers will probbly respond to oral.and looking at the best success storys of topical minoxidil most guys got pretty big hypertrichosis from it proving it goes systemic in the best responders

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
the hypertrichosis is not reversible?

My bad mate I thought you were talking to me,Derek mpmd vid speak on oral minoxidil thinks that 2 mg a day of topical is like 100mg of min to the scalp with some going systemic therefore taking 5 or 10 mg of oral would pretty much yield the same results as topical.and that makes sense because if oral was so good then there would be tons and tons of success storys of oral minoxidil but there is not.so I agree that topical is probbly not worse or less efficacious than oral ,so for most people if you dont respond to topical you probbly wont respond to oral ,but some outliers will probbly respond to oral.and looking at the best success storys of topical minoxidil most guys got pretty big hypertrichosis from it proving it goes systemic in the best responders
I dont respond to topical and 4 months on oral 20 mg and 15mg and hair is thinner at lesst not better.

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont respond to topical and 4 months on oral 20 mg and 15mg and hair is thinner at lesst not better.
That's unfortunate I dont respond to oral or topical but I wouldn't say my hair is worse,my hair looks the same as before.im also on oral dutasteride and oral finasteride and micro needling and topical minoxidil once a week on the day of micro needling.i dont think there is anything else I can try now other than raising dose to 15mg or 20mg but not sure I want to because if no response from 5 or 10 I doubt double the dose will do anything other than cause possible cardiovascular issues and crazy hypertrichosis lol I dont want to look like teen wolf
Plus at 5 mg from around 2 months in I started getting some kind of eye irritation in my left eye feels like grit in my left eye on and off.ive just been putting up with the irritation hoping for some scalp results

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's unfortunate I dont respond to oral or topical but I wouldn't say my hair is worse,my hair looks the same as before.im also on oral dutasteride and oral finasteride and micro needling and topical minoxidil once a week on the day of micro needling.i dont think there is anything else I can try now
Well my hair grows not even a cm in 5 months so I got some underlying problem. My sperm struggles to get out of my pee pee from daily dutasteride so my dht must be 0. Also tried it Topically Still hair dont grow faster and losing ground despite the hair strands being thick. Im cursed to the bones.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's unfortunate I dont respond to oral or topical but I wouldn't say my hair is worse,my hair looks the same as before.im also on oral dutasteride and oral finasteride and micro needling and topical minoxidil once a week on the day of micro needling.i dont think there is anything else I can try now other than raising dose to 15mg or 20mg but not sure I want to because if no response from 5 or 10 I doubt double the dose will do anything other than cause possible cardiovascular issues and crazy hypertrichosis lol I dont want to look like teen wolf
Plus at 5 mg from around 2 months in I started getting some kind of eye irritation in my left eye feels like grit in my left eye on and off.ive just been putting up with the irritation hoping for some scalp results
you get crazy hypertichosis from oral m,?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
no hard feelings!

well i dont know how he comes to that conclusion (i honestly also didnt do any research), but that might be right...
i dont think oral/topical is that much different, if you get results...

i was using kirkland first, got some nice regrowth, but then i had to switch, because kirkland gave me rashes...
so i switched from 5% kirkland to 7% (with acelaic acid) from another brand, didnt do anything, actually went worse...

thats why i decided to give oral min a try and it also gave me some regrowth in the beginning and then somehow stopped...
question if course is how much can actually be regrown...
but i seem to maintain and it is not getting worse for now...
i am going to switch back to 5mg oral min though in a few month...
honestly dont think 10 makes much of a difference anymore...

i mean there are three kinds of minoxidil to try and they should all work about the same...
like if you get regrowth, you get about the same amount, wether you use topical, oral, or foam...
if one doesnt work, try the next one...

people always think oral is the miracle weapon for regrowth... it is the exact same thing, obviously...

some complain about greasy hair on topical, but then use foam, or pay a few dollars more instead using the cheapest off brand sh*t... i never had any greasy hair on topical...

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Enjoy the hypertrichosis bro ,also if your getting hair every here your head hair will probbly respond .but your on too low a dose I'm on 5mg a day for 4 months with no results not sure if I need to take 10mg a day to get some results
This did not impact me at all. Zero change even at 7.5 per day. I stopped and the shedding slowed after 4 months. Definitely was helping hair quality/growth phase.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
This did not impact me at all. Zero change even at 7.5 per day. I stopped and the shedding slowed after 4 months. Definitely was helping hair quality/growth phase.
What? U stopped shedding when u quit oral minoxidill? yet you say it was beneficial to your hair.. i shed less on oral minoxidill.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
How can you be so sure? I told you I think your hair looks better now. You don't agree?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean in regard to extra body hair. I think it gave me mild ED with the excess dilation