How To Stop Obsessing And Living Life

ReceedingInFrance

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, so I've recently came to the conclusion that my hairline has/is receding(23y/o). It's been 2 years of shedding(which has now slowed), which has left me with a NW2 and thinner hair above temples. I know that's not much but it's the start of the lifelong retreat of my lucious locks.
I'm in the process of deciding whether I want to take action or let the diceroll of my genetics dictate future of my follicles. I would ask you all for advice but after reading a few threads you kind of get the gist...

My real question is; how do you deal with it psychologically?
It's been my obsession for about 1 year now, staring at myself in all mirrors I come across, constantly feeling my hairline, staring at other men's foreheads for comparison and it's honestly making me miserable. I just feel trapped; I can't go a day without thinking about it, each time I see a mirror I'm examining for minute differences from yesterday and thinking about my (possible)future without hair.
My life should be pretty good at the moment, I've moved country which is always something I've wanted to do and I've settled in. But the whole experience is just being ruined by my hair obsession. It makes it so hard to concentrate on other things(such as learning the language), and really makes me feel kind of disinterested and well...lonely(I guess because it's a hard thing to communicate to people).

The irony is that the only reason I don't want to go bald is that it might make me unhappy in the future, but worrying about it is making me unhappy now.

So yeah, I'm just wondering what your coping mechanisms and forgetting mechanisms(if that's a thing) are. Although I guess by the very nature of you being on this site, you guys are probably struggling with these too...

À plus mes mecs.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on finasteride and don't ignore severe side effects as I did and you should be fine.

Seriously that obsession will only get worse once you are really bald. Makes life hard and sucks the joy out of it.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me.. I ll wait until I ll get bald ..at that moment I ll see if there are available options to get my hair back .. if not .. I ll see if the bald look looks ok on me .. if not I ll get a hair system. This cope mechanism helps me reduce the stress I get from hairloss

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you care about your looks/hair: it NEVER goes away. EVER.

You learn to live with it.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I've recently came to the conclusion that my hairline has/is receding(23y/o). It's been 2 years of shedding(which has now slowed), which has left me with a NW2 and thinner hair above temples. I know that's not much but it's the start of the lifelong retreat of my lucious locks.
I'm in the process of deciding whether I want to take action or let the diceroll of my genetics dictate future of my follicles. I would ask you all for advice but after reading a few threads you kind of get the gist...

My real question is; how do you deal with it psychologically?
It's been my obsession for about 1 year now, staring at myself in all mirrors I come across, constantly feeling my hairline, staring at other men's foreheads for comparison and it's honestly making me miserable. I just feel trapped; I can't go a day without thinking about it, each time I see a mirror I'm examining for minute differences from yesterday and thinking about my (possible)future without hair.
My life should be pretty good at the moment, I've moved country which is always something I've wanted to do and I've settled in. But the whole experience is just being ruined by my hair obsession. It makes it so hard to concentrate on other things(such as learning the language), and really makes me feel kind of disinterested and well...lonely(I guess because it's a hard thing to communicate to people).

The irony is that the only reason I don't want to go bald is that it might make me unhappy in the future, but worrying about it is making me unhappy now.

So yeah, I'm just wondering what your coping mechanisms and forgetting mechanisms(if that's a thing) are. Although I guess by the very nature of you being on this site, you guys are probably struggling with these too...

À plus mes mecs.

Getting successful will help you.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
How important is the hair to you? It seems like you care a lot about it. finasteride is probably worth a try, if you do get sides you can always stop . finasteride users definitely get sides sometimes and I don’t doubt PFS is real but extremely rare - I’d say 90% of the PFS cases on the internet are psychologically induced. At this point in the game finasteride has a very good chance to maintain your hair. Overtime if you maintain your hair, naturally you will stop worrying about it.

Other than that I can’t really speak on how to overcome the obsession. I also have a very obsessive personality ( might be ocd). The only way I’ve found to overcome an obsession is to develop an obsession about something else . So that’s not very good haha. I think you could find some peace by treating your hair loss. Since you caught it early and have lots of treatments at your Arsenal you could probably stop or at least slow down hairloss significantly .
The other option would be trying to accept going bald - or even imagining the worst case outcome may help you to stop worrying. Let’s say worst case - you go bald. Then what? Life goes on. Yea you might be more unattractive but my point is it isn’t the end of the world. Maybe going bald can have some positives for you to. Let’s say going bald makes you more motivated to hit the gym. I’m not saying the gym will compensate for not having hair, but watching your body grow could become a positive obsession that takes the focus off your hair. I don’t know what you look like so I don’t know how much you would lose from going bald. I speak as someone who would look terrible bald, but even I could try to find a way to live with it. And chances are you might not even look THAT bad bald.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you cant cope with it. looks are everything in our lives. looks dictate quality of your life and outcomes of your social interactions thus your destiny. you have to try to outplay the destiny in game of chess or go through 5 stages of death acceptance. currently im on stage 4 and let me tell you it is fucked up.

Get on finasteride and don't ignore severe side effects as I did and you should be fine.
what you mean dont ignore? like you can do anything about sides yourself besides jumping on other heavy chemicals

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
you cant cope with it. looks are everything in our lives. looks dictate quality of your life and outcomes of your social interactions thus your destiny. you have to try to outplay the destiny in game of chess or go through 5 stages of death acceptance. currently im on stage 4 and let me tell you it is fucked up.

what you mean dont ignore? like you can do anything about sides yourself besides jumping on other heavy chemicals

Meaning don't keep on taking this stuff, when you get sides, because you hope it's psychological/ will subside after a while. Now my dick is toast.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuckbuddy and I just pop a v**** to be sure.

Yeah really sucks, almost as bad as baldness. From all the side effects ED is the worst I can think of, I'd rather lose my left arm to atrophy.
social circles are the only legit and reliable way to score good gf, online dating is fucked nowadays

how long r u off finasteride?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Fuckbuddy and I just pop a v**** to be sure.

Yeah really sucks, almost as bad as baldness. From all the side effects ED is the worst I can think of, I'd rather lose my left arm to atrophy.

Man I feel that. Brain fog / fatigue ain’t nothing compared to ED. I’ve been obsessing about Ed latley it’s probaly psychological but still. I’m gonna get some v**** if I ever want to have a hook up though . At least that’s an option. But yea , Ed is probly worse than hair loss ( depending on the severity ).

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Looks like it, mate. Baldness makes me feel worse for some reason though. On some weird level being without sexual desire is somewhat liberating.

Not at all. Decreased libido ? Sure. But ED? Hell naw. Makes me feel like a useless male . Even when people consider you attractive cause of the hair it feels like a slap in the face since you can’t perform it doesn’t matter .

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man I feel that. Brain fog / fatigue ain’t nothing compared to ED. I’ve been obsessing about Ed latley it’s probaly psychological but still. I’m gonna get some v**** if I ever want to have a hook up though . At least that’s an option. But yea , Ed is probly worse than hair loss ( depending on the severity ).

Piece of advice; take it seriously and visit a doctor, you sound exactly like me. I am paying the toll at the moment, don't be like me.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not at all. Decreased libido ? Sure. But ED? Hell naw. Makes me feel like a useless male . Even when people consider you attractive cause of the hair it feels like a slap in the face since you can’t perform it doesn’t matter .

Yeah maybe I am just sugarcoating my condition. Baldness bothers me more at the moment though.