How To Live A Happy Life As An Unattractive Man?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you don't want to play the role assigned to you.

(This scene touched me deeply when I saw the movie)
hell yes this was a great film. but to make things worse for me i'm not even manly like those villains are. i'm the creepy ugly cowardly pedophile looking villain

and yea its a b**ch trying to cope with this sh*t ideal. this reminds me i need to vent about this horrible nightmare i had about this

the dream took place before i was born. i was in the hospital and talking to my mom as a doctor, telling her she was infertile. i told her that she could take medication to become fertile but the catch was that the kids that would be born from this would be fucked up genetic trash. of course the kid was supposed to be me. some freaky existential sh*t. i remember trying to impress upon my mom in the dream that it wasn't worth it and it would be a heavy price to pay

to make things worse it incorporated some shitty memories of mine as a small child going to the doctor, i was always thoroughly freaked out by doctors and doctors offices as a kid.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vent away man. So much of what we're all going through all feels the same. Human suffering is a pretty universal experience. I've hated mirrors since my jaws first grew wrong as a teenager. I've avoided them like the plague. I hate even just seeing my reflection in my tinted car windows as I get into my car in the morning.

Many days I try shaving (electric) without looking in the mirror but that never goes well :) and I always have to face my reality. SSRIs aren't bad if you tolerate them. Escitalopram is comfortable. I like St. John's Wort better though and that's over the counter. So that's an option as long as you're not on finasteride/dutasteride or other meds since they interact.

If the therapy works, let us know how it goes. I think that at the end of the day if you're ugly, and you can't be less ugly, then you must accept quality sex or female companionship will never be an option to you, and then do what Cap was saying and focus on having the happy moments you can have (listening to a song you love, whatever you can think of in the moment).

I suppose in that respect, if that's what therapy can help to accomplish, then it's worthwhile. Plus dealing with whatever other issues you might have.
If you dislike your jaw why didn't you ever grow a beard?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Comes in like sh*t and looks horrible. :)
I put minoxidil in mine and it made it grow nice and thick.

I only cut off my beard when I got my body fat down.

I always thought I have a weak jaw (it is a little jaw) but when I got to 12 percent body fat I finally liked my jaw a lot more.

Its amazing how much fat places with the jaw:

attachment.jpg

e9qtRTI.jpg

The-Transformation-of-Gus-Pacho.jpg

None of these guys were really fat - but getting rid of that 20lbs of fat is game changer for most.

(no idea if you are low body fat!)

Baldingat188

Reaction score
It's just it's something that's talked about a lot on leg lengthening forums and even among cosmetic leg lengthening surgeons. They call it "height dysmorphia" - the discomfort with your height. It's never been a big deal for me. I don't really care about how I look except as far as it limits my dating/relationship options. But many of those guys obsess singularly over their height 24/7. Some of them are very short. Some are closer to even 5'10".

Surgeons have different opinions on it. Many will set a cutoff, saying they won't operate on anyone taller than a certain threshold. Others say that irrespective of height, from their clinical experience, people's height dysmorphia disappears once they are a few inches taller, so why restrict it?

If a person has to choose between a lifetime of therapy to accept something they hate about themselves, or a surgery to resolve that thing completely, then sometimes it makes sense just to fix the problem itself, rather than try to cope. Of course, that only applies though if the problem is safely fixable. It doesn't take into account in this particular example how many people get crippled by LL surgery.

But here's Dr. Paley, the most famous American cosmetic LL surgeon, and his perspective, which is generally that if people "feel short", then irrespective of their actual height, he will offer it after psychological evaluation:

http://www.paleyinstitute.org/cente...engthening-center/what-is-stature-lengthening

In my opinion it's crazy to get that kind of surgery at 5'10", but whatever. To each his own.

Point is, as far as surgery vs. psychology, for me, if I was good looking enough to be getting dates on Tinder or POF or in clubs with the kinds of girls I want, I don't think I would need psychology. I would just be doing that and be happy about it. I'd be at a bar right now chatting some up girls up instead as we speak. Sometimes fixing the problem is the simpler and more concrete approach. If it can be done. And if not, or it doesn't work, then that's when you need to get your head fixed.

Being a short guy sucks. It's like walking around with the word " inferior " tattooed on your forehead. I would espically hate to be a good looking masculine dude who is short. I have a baby face so I can get away with being short , but I can't get away with being bald. I never get how height could bother someone as much as hairloss because you have always been that height so it's nothing new. The fact that hairloss changes you is what really pisses me off.

That being said , right after my hairloss my height would be the next thing I would change about my appearance. Godamn if only I was a 6"1 full head . Money might not buy me happiness , but godamn I bet being a 6"1 full head would.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put minoxidil in mine and it made it grow nice and thick.

I only cut off my beard when I got my body fat down.

I always thought I have a weak jaw (it is a little jaw) but when I got to 12 percent body fat I finally liked my jaw a lot more.

Its amazing how much fat places with the jaw:

View attachment 72611
View attachment 72612
View attachment 72613

None of these guys were really fat - but getting rid of that 20lbs of fat is game changer for most.

(no idea if you are low body fat!)

Yeah, well my problem is my jaw is crooked, I have a narrower upper jaw (cross bite), my front teeth don't connect (2-3 mm open bite), my lips hang 5-6 mm apart at rest (lip incompetence), and my jawline is weirdly potato contoured from prior surgery and bad growth.

It's really only fixable with a lot more surgery. Beards don't look good on me. If they did I might do the minoxidil thing, but I've already taken even oral minoxidil for months and my beard was still not great.

I have a hard time cutting body fat. I'm around 15-16%. I exercise daily. I eat healthy. I would love to cut further for better body definition. But I actually think cutting further would actually make my facial problems worse by accentuating the bad bone structure. I just have to get this f*****g face fixed again or it's going to haunt me my whole remaining life.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Comes in like sh*t and looks horrible. :)

I have the shittiest beard on this forum and it still gives me facial definition lol. I have like a 15 year old who doesn't own a razor beard. But without it my face lacks any kind of structure so I still prefer it to being clean shaven.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah, well my problem is my jaw is crooked, I have a narrower upper jaw (cross bite), my front teeth don't connect (2-3 mm open bite), my lips hang 5-6 mm apart at rest (lip incompetence), and my jawline is weirdly potato contoured from prior surgery and bad growth.

It's really only fixable with a lot more surgery. Beards don't look good on me. If they did I might do the minoxidil thing, but I've already taken even oral minoxidil for months and my beard was still not great.

I have a hard time cutting body fat. I'm around 15-16%. I exercise daily. I eat healthy. I would love to cut further for better body definition. But I actually think cutting further would actually make my facial problems worse by accentuating the bad bone structure. I just have to get this f*****g face fixed again or it's going to haunt me my whole remaining life.
structural fat grafting can augment, and shape the appearance of a better jaw line,.

I had my surgeon drop my ramus and strengthened the angle of my jaw from fat grafting.

also submental lioplasty

its chiseled as f***. dont even need to clench my teeth and the jaw angle just blazes for show

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
structural fat grafting can augment, and shape the appearance of a better jaw line,.

I had my surgeon drop my ramus and strengthened the angle of my jaw from fat grafting.

Yeah but that's insane to try to camouflage serious structural problems with fat grafting. It will just look absurd when my face is still all crooked and nothing like my teeth or midline of the bones line up but I have thicker areas of fat randomly all over my face to "compensate".

You're not structurally defective. And if you wanted a stronger angle of the jaw, I would have personally gone with mandibular angle implants over fat grafting.

If I can successfully straighten out my face and correct the alignments without major problems, mandibular angle implants would be next on my wishlist, as my mandibular angles are nonexistent, but that's a smaller issue than having major maxillofacial misalignments. One thing at a time.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

also submental lioplasty

its chiseled as f***. dont even need to clench my teeth and the jaw angle just blazes for show

what exactly did you have done man?

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah but that's insane to try to camouflage serious structural problems with fat grafting. It will just look absurd when my face is still all crooked and nothing like my teeth or midline of the bones line up but I have thicker areas of fat randomly all over my face to "compensate".

You're not structurally defective. And if you wanted a stronger angle of the jaw, I would have personally gone with mandibular angle implants over fat grafting.

If I can successfully straighten out my face and correct the alignments without major problems, mandibular angle implants would be next on my wishlist, as my mandibular angles are nonexistent, but that's a smaller issue than having major maxillofacial misalignments. One thing at a time.
implants dont work, and will cause long term implications and costs from revision. Initially it will look good.

There is a reason why most surgeons dont do them, and maxillofacial surgeons will advise against them.

What you need are braces to fix your malloclusion and lip imcomptenence.

After you can have a chin implant followed by fat grafting to make your face more symmetrical.

I had my plastic surgeon consult with a few maxillofacial surgeons and orthodontists, in which all advised to steer clear of mandible implants. Xrays were provided

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
implants dont work, and will cause long term implications and costs from revision. Initially it will look good.

There is a reason why most surgeons dont do them, and maxillofacial surgeons will advise against them.

After you can have a chin implant followed by fat grafting to make your face more symmetrical.

Oh god that made me laugh. I spent so many years in braces so many times. I think it's probably been somewhere between 6-8 years of my life or more total. Lost track completely.

Fun enough, I'll be getting another year or two of braces once my surgical process restarts. Can't wait.

1) You can't fix a serious crossbite or openbite with braces. You need SARPE. The fact that SARPE wasn't integrated into my first jaw surgery is a large part of why my outcome was poor and the teeth relapsed after the hardware came off. I need 1.1 cm of upper jaw expansion. It's not even a small amount.

2) If I am fixing that with surgery, correcting the asymmetry at the same time is no more extra work. Trying to camouflage a major jaw cant and midline asymmetry with soft tissue surgery is suicide.

3) My chin is too big already. I had an underbite (class 3) growth pattern, not a weak chin issue. It was already reduced 5 mm in the first procedure. It ideally would need to be reduced slightly further once the jaws are fixed, but I would re-evaluate this post op from the jaw revision. A bigger chin overall is better than a smaller chin, so I don't want to do more than I have to.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

I had my plastic surgeon consult with a few maxillofacial surgeons and orthodontists, in which all advised to steer clear of mandible implants. Xrays were provided

god you are an annoying c***

can never just answer a simple question

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is another thread on this. Basically after MBP, you only find happiness in solitude.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing Invisalign right now. I started sometime this year, around April or May. Progress is moving along decently, though it will cost me at least ~$6,000 total.

My issues were:
- Modest overbite. Can be lessened, but not fixed, with rubber bands.
- Misaligned teeth. This amplifies the overbite, as instead of seeing a lot of the top row (which is common and fine), only the front top two teeth are seen. This can be adjusted substantially with the aligners themselves.
- Stains. Once Invisalign is done, I'll implement aggressive whitening. It's hard to do beforehand due to logistical issues.

I think that it's a good investment, teeth are important, though I don't know if it's the most powerful use of 6K.

I would have been better off investing those 6K into bitcoin lol.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doing Invisalign right now. I started sometime this year, around April or May. Progress is moving along decently, though it will cost me at least ~$6,000 total.

My issues were:
- Modest overbite. Can be lessened, but not fixed, with rubber bands.
- Misaligned teeth. This amplifies the overbite, as instead of seeing a lot of the top row (which is common and fine), only the front top two teeth are seen. This can be adjusted substantially with the aligners themselves.
- Stains. Once Invisalign is done, I'll implement aggressive whitening. It's hard to do beforehand due to logistical issues.

I think that it's a good investment, teeth are important, though I don't know if it's the most powerful use of 6K.

I would have been better off investing those 6K into bitcoin lol.

Probably not something you would want to have considered, but if you had an overbite of more than a few mm and felt your chin was weak, a BSSO with braces could have better addressed the overbite and chin simultaneously. But I do not get the impression you would ever want any surgery of this level. Jaw surgery is certainly no fun and comes with a lot of risks.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
idealforehead, would you say a head shaped like simon peggs is bad? cuz seriously my head and face shape is almost exactly like his. he's even balding. i can't decide if its a bad combination with baldness or not. can surgery change it? cuz i have a super f*****g beta jaw as well just like simon it sucks

also this is kinda gonna sound autistic as f*** but just looking at him i know he would be a good bro, and i really love his movies and humor haha. i think it partly has to do with our similar looks (of course other than me being a different race and more advanced hair loss)

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
idealforehead, would you say a head shaped like simon peggs is bad? cuz seriously my head and face shape is almost exactly like his. he's even balding. i can't decide if its a bad combination with baldness or not. can surgery change it? cuz i have a super f*****g beta jaw as well just like simon it sucks

also this is kinda gonna sound autistic as f*** but just looking at him i know he would be a good bro, and i really love his movies and humor haha. i think it partly has to do with our similar looks (of course other than me being a different race and more advanced hair loss)

I don't think so. I think he looks pretty good even with an advanced Norwood. Obviously he's beta looking though.

For what it's worth, I'd rather his head than mine. I would need far less work if I had his head.

simon-pegg.jpg

If you wanted to alpha up this type of facial structure, mandibular angle implants are usually the best way, but most guys don't get results like this of course. These are probably the best two results on the Internet, and it's no wonder - the guys had all the makings of Chads before the implants except the strong jaw angles. So naturally once they got their jaw angles they look fantastic. Doesn't work that way for average guys. But still, it's not likely to look "worse" after getting them if you go to a good surgeon.

I personally think mandibular angle implants are for men the equivalent of breast implants for women. Done conservatively almost everyone looks better after with both surgery types.

2hrmki0.png

gUImXnm.jpg

If I can get my basic facial structure fixed without catastrophe, I'd like to get some of these at the end too. They're a good deal for most guys.

Last edited:

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think so. I think he looks pretty good even with an advanced Norwood. Obviously he's beta looking though.

For what it's worth, I'd rather his head than mine. I would need far less work if I had his head.

View attachment 72626

If you wanted to alpha up this type of facial structure, mandibular angle implants are usually the best way, but most guys don't get results like this of course. These are probably the best two results on the Internet, and it's no wonder - the guys had all the makings of Chads before the implants except the strong jaw angles. So naturally once they got their jaw angles they look fantastic. Doesn't work that way for average guys. But still, it's not likely to look "worse" after getting them if you go to a good surgeon.

I personally think mandibular angle implants are for men the equivalent of breast implants for women. Done conservatively almost everyone looks better after with both surgery types.

View attachment 72627

View attachment 72628

If I can get my basic facial structure fixed without catastrophe, I'd like to get some of these at the end too. They're a good deal for most guys.
I'd love those implants.

Too bad I'm saving for a hair transplant.

Its crazy, if I could afford surgery I would get acne scar removal, jaw implant, bags under eyes removed, and a hair transplant.

I don't desperately need the other surgeries but it could help send me from like a 6 to an 8.