How To Know Where Your Nw1 Hairline Used To Be

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically I have had a receded hairline for a while and I have forgotten where it began before hair loss and in old pictures I was really young and the hairline wasn't really showing in those pictures anyway. So what is the best way to determine where to place your hairline so it isn't too far forward?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stand in front of a mirror, take your right hand (or left, if you are a leftie), fold in your thumb and place your forefinger at the area where your eyebrows come together, just atop the bridge of your nose. Between 3 and 4 fingers above is where your hairline should probably be.

Noah

Reaction score
Also, if you wrinkle your brow by raising your eyebrows, you can see pretty clearly the line where the wrinkling stops and the skin is smooth and seems to be stuck to the skull below. That line is where your original hairline was.

lace

Reaction score
Best to determine placement visually. If it looks good then the placement is likely correct. Stand in front of a mirror. Without using any adhesive, place the hair piece on you head. Try different fore and aft placements. You will know when it is correct. Then you can use fingers. If your fingers are narrow, more fingers necessary. Fat fingers mean fewer fingers. My fingers are relatively thin. I need 6 fingers. You will not know until you experiment.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best to determine placement visually. If it looks good then the placement is likely correct. Stand in front of a mirror. Without using any adhesive, place the hair piece on you head. Try different fore and aft placements. You will know when it is correct. Then you can use fingers. If your fingers are narrow, more fingers necessary. Fat fingers mean fewer fingers. My fingers are relatively thin. I need 6 fingers. You will not know until you experiment.

It would be great to see your system (I am guessing that is you in the Avatar?)!

:)

Steve

lace

Reaction score
It would be great to see your system (I am guessing that is you in the Avatar?)!
Steve
Definitely one of my pieces in the avatar. Not sure which one since I have 5 different pieces. All are relatively close, but, differences do exist.

The two jpegs posted below may not be of the same piece. Could be different. For sure the pics where taken at different times. If I recall correctly the "darker" hp was shot right after a long swim. Still slightly wet. The other hp is dry as in very low humidity desert "flyaway" dry. Actual hair color of the second piece is slightly darker than what shows in the jpeg.

I am currently creating a new front (hairline) on one of my other pieces. Once completed and attached I will take some pics of it. It will likely have a slightly different look relative to these pieces. Some color and shape variation.

This thread is about hair piece placement that matches one's original hairline. My placement (at the center) does match my hairline when I had a full head of extremely thick hair years ago. The shape of the hair piece hairline is different as it should be. In my previous post I should have mentioned another way to get a hair line match, height wise, to one's original hairline. It does require an old photo of one looking straight ahead showing the original hairline. Simply measure the distance in the photo, pupil to pupil, or, eye center to eye center if the pupils are not visible. Next measure the distance, nose indention between the eyes vertically to the hairline in the photo. Compute the ratio. Then while standing in front of a mirror, use a ruler to measure your distance pupil to pupil. Applying the ratio to that distance yields the distance from the nose bridge indentation to the proposed hairline. Make a mark on the forehead at that distance. That's one's hairline height if one wants to match their hairline height per the picture. Simple and accurate.

lace_524_edit102018.jpg
lace_159.jpg