How To Get Your Natural Sides And Back Of Hair Cut By Barber?

danny99

My Regimen
Reaction score
here is a video of this guy explaining to be very cautious going to a local barber:

The sides would be no issues, but what about the back? How is a barber supposed to blend your hair system with your natural hair, if for example, getting a 'fade' haircut?

The guy in the video says to clip and lift up your hair system to avoid getting it trimmed, but if you cut your natural hair and don't trim the hair system..wouldn't your haircut look weird?

Is there a proper way of trimming the hair system so it doesn't get ruined?

danny99

My Regimen
Reaction score
rokkmanbarbers-low-drop-fade.jpg

here is a picture of what i hope to accomplish for the back. is it possible to blend a hairsystem like this with a skin fade?

danny99

My Regimen
Reaction score
rokkmanbarbers-low-drop-fade.jpg

here is a picture of what i hope to accomplish for the back. is it possible to blend a hairsystem like this with a skin fade?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@danny99

You're probably better going to an expensive salon, that takes a appointments and are usually booked up.

Women do go bald, especially from traction alopecia (probably more common in women than men).

I only go to barbers that are expensive and take appointments. That's it. And I don't care if there a male of female, as long as they KNOW WHAT THE f*** THEIR DOING, and don't f*** my hair (I'm very a*** about my hair, I'm a Norwood 3, so I have to be).

Some people care about their work, other's don't. Women CAN cut men's hair. So don't let dissappointments with dating and women who hate bald men COLOR your judgement.

The woman who cuts my hair is very masculine looking, and is a lesbian. She has tatoos of Whal clippers on her arms.

But guess what, she cuts hair better than the owner himself. Eventually, she will probably have her own SHOP as well (he gives her a really shitty chair, which is broken on top).

The reason I mention that she's a lesbian, and butch looking is we want someone who CAN CUT HAIR REALLY WELL, not someone who is good looking and we can flirt with (she's not ugly, but not attractive either).

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@danny99

I wouldn't go too short, unless you have a muscular build. Especially if you've ever had a hair
transplant, it will be MORE obvious where your donor areas are from.

So, if you had a transplant, don't go "clipper" short. At least 3 centimeters or longer.

Long on top and short on the sides is just a TREND now.

danny99

My Regimen
Reaction score
@rclark
^ thanks man. I wish I can find a barber or stylist as the one you describe. A lot of dont seem to work on hair systems or have no experience...I am going tomorrow to an old man who runs a hair system shop salon... I hope he can cut it really well for me... he sounded pretty old on the phone though.. not sure if he will be able to give me a 'cool' 'modern' haircut.. sigh.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@rclark
^ thanks man. I wish I can find a barber or stylist as the one you describe. A lot of dont seem to work on hair systems or have no experience...I am going tomorrow to an old man who runs a hair system shop salon... I hope he can cut it really well for me... he sounded pretty old on the phone though.. not sure if he will be able to give me a 'cool' 'modern' haircut.. sigh.

@danny99

Unless he charges a lot, and takes appointments, don't waste your time, bro. That guy will probably just make your hair look like COMPLETE sh*t!

That said, some older stylists know what they're doing.

Can't judge a book by its age though.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@danny99

Make sure OTHER PEOPLE have rated his work. By other people, his WIFE AND FAMILY DON'T COUNT.

I'm dead serious. If he doesn't have a high rating, I wouldn't even bother.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more thing to note, and I'm sorry for taking so many blogs on this thread.

Short hair on sides and back is JUST a trend, for 2017.

I really think 2018 will either be really short (buzz cut all over), but MORE LIKELY will be LONG
hair on men (shoulder length or longer).

People might laugh at this, but in 2011 every guy buzzed their head.

Then in 2013, guys started growing their hair out shoulder length, or at least much longer than it was.

That's probably where 2018 is going. The short fade on sides and back is getting OLD and kind of boring, really.

Noah

Reaction score
I don't think you are actually wearing a piece, RClark? I shall be sorry to see the undercut styles go out of fashion, because they are great for guys who wear. The intentional sharp line between the top and the undercutting eliminates any issues with blending the piece, and the close-cropped sides hides any thinning that might be going on there. Best of all, it's a style which you can maintain yourself with a beard trimmer or a vacuum hair cutter, instead of having to go into a salon every 2 weeks to have your fade re-done.

In fact, I think I may just hold onto my undercut, even at the risk of looking slightly out of the fashion. Unless horseshoe bald spots are the next big thing.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The the OP, yes it is possible. You'll need a good barber thought and one who has experience with hairpieces. If not, tell him or her to point cut or use blade to blend. Also, depending on how high or low your own hair is on side and back? Mine is about 2 inches over my ears, so I
20170915_002820.jpg
@
20170915_002914.jpg
20170915_002820.jpg
20170915_002914.jpg
20170915_002820.jpg
can do a close cut , number 2 or 3 razor on sides and back. Here are my pics..sorry for poor quality. Tablet doesn't do very good closeups

danny99

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the replies all. greatly appreciated.

@rclark

He takes appointments and is going to charge $200 for a cut in, some minor coloring to match my natural hair, and for the hair style. I will hold off and think about it for a few days

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I said expensive, that's f*****g HUGE. He must be good, or starving. :(

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you are actually wearing a piece, RClark? I shall be sorry to see the undercut styles go out of fashion, because they are great for guys who wear. The intentional sharp line between the top and the undercutting eliminates any issues with blending the piece, and the close-cropped sides hides any thinning that might be going on there. Best of all, it's a style which you can maintain yourself with a beard trimmer or a vacuum hair cutter, instead of having to go into a salon every 2 weeks to have your fade re-done.

In fact, I think I may just hold onto my undercut, even at the risk of looking slightly out of the fashion. Unless horseshoe bald spots are the next big thing.

Go ahead. Nobody is telling anybody how to wear their hair.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
The the OP, yes it is possible. You'll need a good barber thought and one who has experience with hairpieces. If not, tell him or her to point cut or use blade to blend. Also, depending on how high or low your own hair is on side and back? Mine is about 2 inches over my ears, so I View attachment 63655 @View attachment 63656 View attachment 63655 View attachment 63656 View attachment 63655 can do a close cut , number 2 or 3 razor on sides and back. Here are my pics..sorry for poor quality. Tablet doesn't do very good closeups

Blends in well, any pics of the back ? Also it may be the quality of the pic but the hairline looks a little on the thick side, is it graduated?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Go ahead. Nobody is telling anybody how to wear their hair.

If something looks good on you, do it, you know.

Or if you want to do it, that's probably even better.

Mens hairstyles, at least in the U.S., are kind of shallow. There all based upon "long hair" on top, shorter sides and back. Even longer hairstyles on men are based on this concept.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Blends in well, any pics of the back ? Also it may be the quality of the pic but the hairline looks a little on the thick side, is it graduated?
I bought the piece online ( from China) so was not mentioned if graduated or not. I dont think so. its a little high density ( they said 100%) . Overall I think its not bad given the price I paid ($105) ...barber did a good job for 40$. more pics here. the first series were taking at end of day...these ones are how I groom in the morning... went to barber 2 and a half weeks ago, so due for a trim soon. ( remember that the type of cut is short on sides and back and long on top ( Pompadour cut) the tricky part of such cut is the top back part where long hair meets short hair. at the back..

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 538
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 706

danny99

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AxC123

Looking really good my friend. Do you go to any local barber ? Do you tell them youre wearing a system before they cut your hair?

A lot of barbers here don't work on a customer if customer is wearing a system.. they are nervous/inexperianced so they refuse to give haircut.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AxC123

Looking really good my friend. Do you go to any local barber ? Do you tell them youre wearing a system before they cut your hair?

A lot of barbers here don't work on a customer if customer is wearing a system.. they are nervous/inexperianced so they refuse to give haircut.

Yes local barber. Odd that yours refuse. I am honest with the barber. I tell them where the piece starts and ends and ask that they blend the piece with my owner hair. I ask that they cut hair vertically (not horizontaly) and that they use either a point cut, thinning shears or a method that blends between my hair and the hair piece. I also ask the3n to spray hair ( not wet complete head) as piece is freshly glued and can't take water for first 24 hours.
I suggest you call various barber shops and screen them by telephone. I also went once to a barber school as a model ( free cut) and spoke to the teacher who walked through the cutting process with a student. Teachers are knowledgeable with hair cutting techniques. And you may find a good new barber there.
Good luck

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought the piece online ( from China) so was not mentioned if graduated or not. I dont think so. its a little high density ( they said 100%) . Overall I think its not bad given the price I paid ($105) ...barber did a good job for 40$. more pics here. the first series were taking at end of day...these ones are how I groom in the morning... went to barber 2 and a half weeks ago, so due for a trim soon. ( remember that the type of cut is short on sides and back and long on top ( Pompadour cut) the tricky part of such cut is the top back part where long hair meets short hair. at the back..

Looks pretty good in these pics. I think having grey hair helps with the system blending in wth your native hair better. Good style also.