How to get my money back from Hair Direct for some supplies I ordered?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, so a few weeks before Hair Direct went out of business I ordered some hair system supplies from them (tape, UV protecting conditioner spray, adhesive). There was initially a bit of a problem with customs, and they were quite responsive to my emails, as well as quite apologetic. They said they'd resend it or offer a refund. The woman I was talking to was the one who is also about to start up a new hair system supplies company (now that Hair Direct is no more). Just before Hair Direct shut down she said she'd resent my order, but I did not receive any email confirmation or tracking number from her or the delivery company. I've since emailed her several times to ask for an update and a refund, but I have not received any reply.

Is there another way I can get a refund from Hair Direct? Who is dealing with their shutdown and refunds to customers? I can't get a refund via my bank because I ordered by debit card.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, so a few weeks before Hair Direct went out of business I ordered some hair system supplies from them (tape, UV protecting conditioner spray, adhesive). There was initially a bit of a problem with customs, and they were quite responsive to my emails, as well as quite apologetic. They said they'd resend it or offer a refund. The woman I was talking to was the one who is also about to start up a new hair system company supplies (now that Hair Direct is no more). Just before Hair Direct shut down she said she'd resent my order, but I did not receive any email confirmation or tracking number from her or the delivery company. I've since emailed her several times to ask for an update and a refund, but I have not received any reply.

Is there another way I can get a refund from hair direct? Who is dealing with their shutdown and refunds to customers? I can't get a refund via my bank because I ordered by debit card.
As long as the debit card has the Visa logo, it affords all the same protection, to the card holder, as a line of credit..

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not count on someone starting a new company to honor the orders of a now bankrupt one. It was probably just lip service.

Anyone who ordered from HD and did not get delivery is out of luck.

When they go through bankruptcy liquidation, the customers will be the last to recover anything (if at all) the largest creditors will come first.

JonathanHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, so a few weeks before Hair Direct went out of business I ordered some hair system supplies from them (tape, UV protecting conditioner spray, adhesive). There was initially a bit of a problem with customs, and they were quite responsive to my emails, as well as quite apologetic. They said they'd resend it or offer a refund. The woman I was talking to was the one who is also about to start up a new hair system supplies company (now that Hair Direct is no more). Just before Hair Direct shut down she said she'd resent my order, but I did not receive any email confirmation or tracking number from her or the delivery company. I've since emailed her several times to ask for an update and a refund, but I have not received any reply.

Is there another way I can get a refund from Hair Direct? Who is dealing with their shutdown and refunds to customers? I can't get a refund via my bank because I ordered by debit card.

If I may ask, what is this woman's name?

trisha45

My Regimen
Reaction score
how about they owe me one year of payments for 4 systems per year! ( a total of $3360), they kept telling me the order is delayed due to factory's slow production (blaming covid) , I wonder if they already knew we weren't getting sh*t. Karma will get them. I have absolutely no doubt in that.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As an update, fortunately my outstanding order arrived. The woman I mentioned is now starting a new company selling hair system products - keep an eye on her website for updates as it'll be launching fully soon: https://www.treatproject.nl/

DanzlCarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, that sounds like a frustrating situation with Hair Direct. Getting a refund can be a bit tricky in these cases, especially if you paid with a debit card. While dealing with their shutdown, it might be worth exploring other avenues for resolving the issue. By the way, have you tried taking a break from all the stress and having some fun with the blackout bingo app? It's a great way to unwind and maybe even win some exciting prizes. Give it a shot and see if it brings a little joy to your day!