How To Destroy A Brand New Hair System In Less Than One Month

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what happens when you:

1. Don't come in for a refit in the hot, Middle eastern sun for four weeks, when you are told to come back in two.

2. Don't follow the care instructions.

3. MOST of the damage is caused by scratching, and touching.

The scratching caused the lace to bunch up, and the bald spots.

The excess time in the heat and sun caused the adhesive in the tape to melt, and seep into the lace.

The excess melted glue got into the knots, and the base of the hair, causing small dreads to form.

The original color was a #3, but walking around without a hat, in intense sunshine can cause this drying and fading, even using a UV leave-in conditioner.

The system can potentially be fixed by the factory... but I am guessing that the base is a goner.

IMG_1787.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG
IMG_1785.JPG
IMG_1784.JPG

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow!

Good example BB.

Thanks... the client is... so nice... we are replacing it "under warranty"... but I gave him quite the lecture...

I feel like a Jewish mother with some of these clients... and then they don't listen... and cry when the system doesn't last more than 1-2 months.

:(

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow!!! That looks a year + old. I have French lace units that are still in solid shape.

I have four systems in a drawer right now, different styles, the newest one is from October... all lace, all wearable. No shedding, no fading (synthetic). All except one... same factory.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
My bases turn similar to that quite quickly and I also get small dreads after a few months, but why so much shedding?! I've never got so many balds spots. I do 4 weeks as well. And there's no way, but to scratch at least a few times a day, because it just itches.

Base looking like that with small bits of glue doesn't seem to affect me badly. It just looks off from the underside.

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
My bases turn similar to that quite quickly and I also get small dreads after a few months, but why so much shedding?! I've never got so many balds spots. I do 4 weeks as well. And there's no way, but to scratch at least a few times a day, because it just itches.

Base looking like that with small bits of glue doesn't seem to affect me badly. It just looks off from the underside.

This should not happen, period.

The dreads come from glue seepage, and the creases come from scratching.

If this itches you, you are possibly not using the proper adhesive for you, and maybe need to apply more scalp protector.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
This should not happen, period.

The dreads come from glue seepage, and the creases come from scratching.

If this itches you, you are possibly not using the proper adhesive for you, and maybe need to apply more scalp protector.
It's not strong itching. Just regular requiring only a small short soft scratch a few times a day. When my thoughts spontaneously drift to hair that's when i may start noticing it. Definitely doesn't feel like a reaction to the glue in my case.

It may get a little worse when I've sweated and it's the end of an attachment. Washing helps. I only wash once a week with shampoo.

Do you have any idea how to get rid of such glue inbetween lacce holes? Textile cleaning gun and a >24h soak before that?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not strong itching. Just regular requiring only a small short soft scratch a few times a day. When my thoughts spontaneously drift to hair that's when i may start noticing it. Definitely doesn't feel like a reaction to the glue in my case.

It may get a little worse when I've sweated and it's the end of an attachment. Washing helps. I only wash once a week with shampoo.

Do you have any idea how to get rid of such glue inbetween lacce holes? Textile cleaning gun and a >24h soak before that?

Try patting the area with your fingers, instead of scratching.

You can rinse your head without having to wash the system with shampoo.

I have never tried, seen or heard of a textile cleaning gun... I know some have, I don't have advice in that area. Just 24-hour soak with C-22 and a good rinse in warm water.

Noah

Reaction score
What a shame; it looks like it was a nice system too. You would think simple vanity would inhibit guys from screwing up your artistry like that LOL. What age was the customer? Presumably the unit was fairly detectable by the time he came back for help?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a shame; it looks like it was a nice system too. You would think simple vanity would inhibit guys from screwing up your artistry like that LOL. What age was the customer? Presumably the unit was fairly detectable by the time he came back for help?

He is thirty-something... he looked... amazing. Detectable, quite so. But this is not the first time I saw him with a system that should have been tossed months before. So, maybe, the people around him think that is how he keeps his real hair.

He needs to learn quick... I have two systems that just arrived, a lace and a hybrid... and his custom system is about 3 months away.

I get too involved... :eek: