How To Decrease Minoxidil Cardiovascular Side Effects And Maybe Help You Regrowth Some Hair.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people are trying oral minoxidil which in some cases might have higher chance of cardiovasular side effects but fortunately there is a supplement for that! If you are having heart problems from minoxidil which is probably ischemic heart disease/coronary heart disease/angina or you want to decrease risk of this diseases and as well probably help your hair a little bit to regrowth then TAURINE might be a supplement you should consider.

"Taurine consumption was the most significant factor associated with reduced risk of ischemic heart disease (IHD) in two international epidemiological studies of CVD in 61 populations (25 countries; n = 14,000): Japanese people in Okinawa had the highest taurine dietary intake and the lowest incidence of IHD and longest lifespan."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6205492/

"Like other heart failure medication, taurine not only diminishes the common symptoms of congestive heart failure (breathlessness on exertion and edema) but also eliminates or decreases the need for administering other heart failure medication"
"Because of taurine’s extensive involvement in health problems that lead to long-term damage, it is proposed here that it is also a longevity vitamin"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6205492/

Taurine for hair
"The present study implies that taurine might strongly work against hair loss when used in combination with other commercially available -anti-alopecia agents."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23392889/

"taurine was taken up by the connective tissue sheath, proximal outer root sheath and hair bulb, promoted hair survival in vitro and prevented TGF-beta1-induced deleterious effects on hair follicle."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18489269/

"Accumulation of taurine protected cultured human keratinocytes from both osmotically induced and ultraviolet-induced apoptosis."
https://www.researchgate.net/public...aurine_Accumulation_in_Keratinocyte_Hydration

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice post! Im going to try taurine for the water retention i get from oral minoxidil.
Anyone have any experience with taurine?

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice post! Im going to try taurine for the water retention i get from oral minoxidil.
Anyone have any experience with taurine?
I dont know if taurine is as that strong diuretic to decrease water retention from minoxidil. In which place in your body you get water retention? I'm taking taurine with magnesium as magnesium taurate just to not take 2 supplements if I can take one instead. I'm taking 5 mg oral minoxidil and I dont have any water retention but I started minoxidil before I started taurine. If you have water retention from minoxidil remember to try to decrease your sodium intake and maybe try some stronger natural diuretics like tribulus or stinging nettle. The studies I posted said that taurine decreases cardiac problems which minoxidil might increase. If water retention is from cardiac failure than taurie might help but minoxidil is causing water retention in diffrent mechanism.

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get cardiac side effects from minoxidil, is that an indication you have heart disease?

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get cardiac side effects from minoxidil, is that an indication you have heart disease?
No necessarily, I would say that's mean that you have some predisposition for heart diseases although hairloss dosage (max 5 mg) probably is safe for most people. Well I studied even papers of minoxidil for hypertension and people who took this drug for 5+ years in higher doses(10 mg+) and were much older wasn't dying because of heart issues. Although they were probably examin first at the angle of existing heart condition which minoxidil might worsen (ischemic heart diseas, arrythmia etc.)

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know if taurine is as that strong diuretic to decrease water retention from minoxidil. In which place in your body you get water retention? I'm taking taurine with magnesium as magnesium taurate just to not take 2 supplements if I can take one instead. I'm taking 5 mg oral minoxidil and I dont have any water retention but I started minoxidil before I started taurine. If you have water retention from minoxidil remember to try to decrease your sodium intake and maybe try some stronger natural diuretics like tribulus or stinging nettle. The studies I posted said that taurine decreases cardiac problems which minoxidil might increase. If water retention is from cardiac failure than taurie might help but minoxidil is causing water retention in diffrent mechanism.
In my face, is more puffy now. I took 5mg for a year without water retention, but three months ago i upped my dose to 10mg.
What others natural diuretics do you recommend? I tried dandelion but didnt work.
And why do you use taurine if not for the mild diuretic effects? I read somewhere that it may be good for the hair. Whats your experience?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my face, is more puffy now. I took 5mg for a year without water retention, but three months ago i upped my dose to 10mg.
What others natural diuretics do you recommend? I tried dandelion but didnt work.
And why do you use taurine if not for the mild diuretic effects? I read somewhere that it may be good for the hair. Whats your experience?
would like to know more aswell i get crazy water retention from 2.5+ topical so far

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
would like to know more aswell i get crazy water retention from 2.5+ topical so far
I’m on Oral 5mg and have zero sides. I also have no results.

What does water retention even look like?

For my wedding we went on the Jenny Craig diet, the first couple of weeks are dramatic because you “loose all the water retention” from a sh*t diet.

I wonder if a good diet + physical exercise helps. If your body is not active I suspect there’s a greater chance of retention too.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on Oral 5mg and have zero sides. I also have no results.

What does water retention even look like?

For my wedding we went on the Jenny Craig diet, the first couple of weeks are dramatic because you “loose all the water retention” from a sh*t diet.

I wonder if a good diet + physical exercise helps. If your body is not active I suspect there’s a greater chance of retention too.
As I said eariler decrease sodium intake( <2 grams od sodium ~ 4-5 grams of kitchen salt) in proven ways to decrease edema from minoxidil. I didnt used any natural diuretics since I dont have swelling. Water retention when minoxidil is taken orally is seen as leg swelling, when used topiclly it can cause water retention in you face or on eyelids and on leg swelling as well. I advice to measure your weight while on minoxidil (orally) since swelling/edema arise after water retention in your blood vessels (which increase you weight and mostly "water percentage/content" if you are using scale which can measure that). For natural drugs which can decrease swelling (if happend) then I would look on this site https://examine.com/topics/leg-swelling/ and for things which can increase diuresis https://examine.com/topics/diuresis/ Increasing diuresis is probably better way to halt minoxidil related water retention. How long are you taking oral 5 mg?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said eariler decrease sodium intake( <2 grams od sodium ~ 4-5 grams of kitchen salt) in proven ways to decrease edema from minoxidil. I didnt used any natural diuretics since I dont have swelling. Water retention when minoxidil is taken orally is seen as leg swelling, when used topiclly it can cause water retention in you face or on eyelids and on leg swelling as well. I advice to measure your weight while on minoxidil (orally) since swelling/edema arise after water retention in your blood vessels (which increase you weight and mostly "water percentage/content" if you are using scale which can measure that). For natural drugs which can decrease swelling (if happend) then I would look on this site https://examine.com/topics/leg-swelling/ and for things which can increase diuresis https://examine.com/topics/diuresis/ Increasing diuresis is probably better way to halt minoxidil related water retention. How long are you taking oral 5 mg?
Maybe 4 or 5 months now. I’ve lost track.

This could be the silliest question of the century. Does drinking water cause water retention? I’m guessing not as I was drinking lots of water while on the Jenny Craig diet.

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a silly question, because it can be quite counter-intuitive. Drinking water actually does help reduce water retention. Your body sees that its getting a fresh supply on a regular basis, so it doesn't need to hold on to so much.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe 4 or 5 months now. I’ve lost track.

This could be the silliest question of the century. Does drinking water cause water retention? I’m guessing not as I was drinking lots of water while on the Jenny Craig diet.
do you get unwanted body hair from 5 mg? i am on 1 mg and that scares me

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a silly question, because it can be quite counter-intuitive. Drinking water actually does help reduce water retention. Your body sees that its getting a fresh supply on a regular basis, so it doesn't need to hold on to so much.
Thanks man

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think there is a hug risk of hypertrichosis with 1 mg?

I am getting more hair onchest from it, does the hypertrichosis means i wil get hair ( on head ) result?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think there is a hug risk of hypertrichosis with 1 mg?

I am getting more hair onchest from it, does the hypertrichosis means i wil get hair ( on head ) result?
Based on my experience zero chance. And if you get it you can stop and it will reverse :)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you sure the unwanted hair will disapear. After 50 days on 1.25 mg oral minoxidil all the microscopic hair i had on my body are growing thicker and longer and this depressed me a lot.
Will the unwanted body hair disapear even if i use a lot of topical min after?
Is 1 mg oral minoxidil better than 4 ml of topical daily?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
are you sure the unwanted hair will disapear. After 50 days on 1.25 mg oral minoxidil all the microscopic hair i had on my body are growing thicker and longer and this depressed me a lot.
Will the unwanted body hair disapear even if i use a lot of topical min after?
Is 1 mg oral minoxidil better than 4 ml of topical daily?
Everything I’m saying I’ve learned either here or on baldingblog. Rassman is a trustworthy fellow.