How to decrease body fat.

IBM

Reaction score
Why we have to eat? It was easier to starve, take pills and dream!

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want to burn bodyfat while keeping muscle mass first you must be in a caloric deficit.Also you should be eating a low carb and high protein with moderate healthy fats.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
If you want to burn bodyfat while keeping muscle mass first you must be in a caloric deficit.Also you should be eating a low carb and high protein with moderate healthy fats.

your going to lose muscle mass....you cant just shed only fat and keep *all* ur muscle

just like when you add weight your not gonna just add all muscle...youll ad some fat as well.

use an ECT stack....that can really help with shedding just fat and keeping ur muscle mass...if u dont know what it is...google it.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe one of finasteride's side effects makes it hard for you to lose weight or something? Not sure..

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
I believe one of finasteride's side effects makes it hard for you to lose weight or something? Not sure..

When i read the list of side effects for propecia, i didnt read anything about weight gain or having a harder time losing weight!?

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
[quote="ripple-effect":11iquvds]I believe one of finasteride's side effects makes it hard for you to lose weight or something? Not sure..

When i read the list of side effects for propecia, i didnt read anything about weight gain or having a harder time losing weight!?[/quote:11iquvds]

If it increases oestrogen levels then that can increase the fat tissue, and also DHT (which is being inhibited by finasteride of course) can lower fat levels. Someone mentioned eslewhere on here that DHT based steroids are used by bodybuilders when trying to lose body fat.

If you want to loose fat through excercise & diet I would recommend an ebook by a guy called Neil McTeggart (google it for his blog). No steroids involved :) . It's cheap, and very good.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
easynow said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
[quote="ripple-effect":35ofpbxs]I believe one of finasteride's side effects makes it hard for you to lose weight or something? Not sure..

When i read the list of side effects for propecia, i didnt read anything about weight gain or having a harder time losing weight!?

If it increases oestrogen levels then that can increase the fat tissue, and also DHT (which is being inhibited by finasteride of course) can lower fat levels. Someone mentioned eslewhere on here that DHT based steroids are used by bodybuilders when trying to lose body fat.

If you want to loose fat through excercise & diet I would recommend an ebook by a guy called Neil McTeggart (google it for his blog). No steroids involved :) . It's cheap, and very good.[/quote:35ofpbxs]

thats fine...but no where in the studies has it been reported to increase fat in the body...ive been on it for 1.5 years and my weight has stayed the same.

if you want to loose fat....do cardio when your body is in a catabolic state (i.e. first thing in the morning or after lifting) and watch what you eat...its not that hard....if you want a boost...try ephedra + caffeine + aspirin (25mg of ephedra + 250 mg of caf. + 250 mgs of aspirin) 2-3x a day.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person said:
I go swimming quite a lot however I can't seem to get rid of some tummy fat, I don't think I have very good genes for getting a six pack. What supplementation could I take to perhaps increase my cahnces of burning fat. I heard drinking green tea helps? I'm open to all sorts of suggestions and also what should my diet be composed of? Thanks.

I'm not sure if it works (never tried it before), but I respect Nutraceutical Sciences Institute and would like to give this product a try.

http://www.gonsi.com/products/product-d ... 5003008964

NSI® Fucoxanthin with PinnoThin™ helps curb appetite and boosts metabolic rate. It also supports the healthy breakdown of fat, particularly belly fat.

Fucoxanthin is a carotenoid, a natural compound found in seaweed that is responsible for its brown coloring. Commonly found in Asian cuisine, such as miso soup, fucoxanthin has thermogenic properties that increase the body's metabolic rate, effectively burning off body fat, including stubborn belly fat. It also enhances the body's ability to process energy and contributes to healthy cholesterol levels. In addition, fucoxanthin supports healthy liver function, an important factor in keeping weight under control.

PinnoThinâ„¢ contains active ingredients derived from pine nut oil. Pinolenic acid is a fatty acid found exclusively in pine nut oil that can help curb appetite by stimulating the release of cholecystokinin, a hormone that functions as an appetite suppressant. In addition to suppressing appetite, pine nut oil helps to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Pine nut oil also contains antioxidants that work to reduce oxidative stress within the body.

NSI® Fucoxanthin with PinnoThin™ is better because it:
Contains the added benefit of PinnoThinâ„¢, a natural appetite suppressant.
Helps burn off body fat, including stubborn belly fat
Is a better value when compared to other brands.

Supplement Facts
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 4
Calories from Fat 4
Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) 200 mcg 167%
PinnoThinâ„¢ Pine nut oil triglycerides (Pinus koraiensis) (seed) 400 mg *
Providing 0
Linoleic Acid 184 mg *
Oleic Acid 100 mg *
Pinolenic Acid 64 mg *
Fucoxanthin ( from Undaria pinnatifida, brown seaweed extract) 5 mg *
*Daily value not established.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Excercise is a the key, mainly resistance training, the more lean muscle mass you have the more calories you will burn at rest .. but diet can be tricky because what works for one guy wont neccesarily work for another, as am finding out, you have to troubleshoot youre way through it and see what foods, supplements compliment you

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everybody's different....there have been finasteride users that have claimed that they gained weight or could not lose weight despite exercising.

mikej123

Reaction score
Here is a diet plan that I went on and lost a lot of weight, I also fallowed it with a good workout plan and some supps from this site http://www.primordialperformance.com

MEAL I Notes On Preparation Macronutrients
Protein-Carbs-Fiber-Fat

4 Whole eggs Poach or Sunnyside up to avoid cooking yolk 24-0-0-18
May use light organic Salsa 2-5-2-0

Pork Chop Grill and remove fat (no butter, seasoning ok) 35-0-0-5

And

Protein Shake (2 scoops fruit) w/ 6.4oz of fresh squeezed orange juice 56-25-3-2

MEAL II

1 Kiwi Organic only – Eat both fruit and skin 1-12-4-0

And

1 Bell Pepper Organic only (raw) 1-8-2-0

MEAL III

Fiber Shake 8oz Water only 1-0-6-0

MEAL IV

4oz (1/4 lb) Turkey Breast Add honey mustard only 27-15-0-3

MEAL V

Protein shake (2 scoops chocolate) with water only 54-0-0-2

Whole raw tomato Organic Only 1-5-2-0

MEAL VI

10oz Ground Beef (or turkey) Preferably use “grass fed†buffalo or beef 50-0-0-12
Add onion or garlic to taste

Lettuce, hot peppers & ketchup 3 leafs of lettuce, 1Tbsp sugar free ketchup, 2-5-2-0
1 serving hot peppers

Supplement –

1 Tbsp Carlson Cod Liver oil - 0-0-0-10

Totals

254gm Protein – 1016 calories
75gm Carbohydrates – 300 calories
21gm Fiber – N/A
52gm Fat – 468 calories

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
I go swimming quite a lot however I can't seem to get rid of some tummy fat, I don't think I have very good genes for getting a six pack. What supplementation could I take to perhaps increase my cahnces of burning fat. I heard drinking green tea helps? I'm open to all sorts of suggestions and also what should my diet be composed of? Thanks.

You could've asked in a bodybuilding forum.. :whistle:
I think basically if your BF% is too high concentrate on cardio only for now, and diet is essential as well, lower your sugar intake as much as possible, lower your fat intake as well and try to consume mostly healthy fats, eat complex carbs instead of simple carbs and get enough protein, at least 2g per kg body weight. There's some supplements out there that can help with fat burning as well but since I haven't used any you better ask that in a bodybuilding forum.