How to deal with sides

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
epro said:
What dosage you suggest?

1 or 2 vial of arg a day for a while (not more than 4 grams daily)
in one week u feel some benefit

however don't take arginyne indefinitely

smv1200

Reaction score
I take 3 pills that has 1250 mg of l-arginine and 750 mg l-ornithine in each pill. Take em at night before you go to sleep preferably on an empty stomach. I honestly believe that you can significantly reduce any symptoms by decreasing your body fat since that is where the aromatase enzyme is concentrated.

epro

Reaction score
Ok, I'm on nebinad now. This drug prescribed me a doctor, said that propecia infected heart-blood-penis circulation (i think she is right, because it works on me). So, my woods became 100% normal, morning woods and erection became 100% normal, nipples sensation are slowly disappearing, testicles sensations are slowly disappearing as well. My flaccid size is changing yesterday was normal today is again smaller, but i hope it will disappeared.

Ende

Reaction score
Interesting. It increases the effect of nitric oxide as well. Maybe it's more to this than first thought. I remember Mew claiming that finasteride reduces the amount of nitric oxide.

Ende

Reaction score
Dihydrotestosterone is the active androgen in the maintenance of nitric oxide-mediated penile erection in the rat.

Abstract

Androgens are essential for the expression of normal libido in the male, but their role in the maintenance of the erectile response in humans is controversial. It has been shown previously in the rat that castration induces 1) loss of penile reflexes; and 2) considerable reduction in the erectile response to electric field stimulation (EFS) of the cavernosal nerve. Both of these effects can be reversed by testosterone replacement. The current study was performed to determine whether these testosterone effects are mediated via its conversion to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and to what extent the synthesis of the mediator of penile erection, nitric oxide, is affected by castration and androgen replacement. Five-month-old rats were either castrated or left intact. The orchiectomized rats were implanted with SILASTIC brand silicon tubing (Dow Corning) containing testosterone or DHT with or without daily injections of the 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor finasteride. After 7 days, rats were submitted to EFS and the intracavernosal pressure was recorded. Castration reduced the EFS-induced erectile response by 50% in comparison with intact rats and testosterone restored this decrease to normal. When finasteride was given to these testosterone-treated castrate rats, erectile response was not restored. DHT was as effective as testosterone in restoring response to EFS in castrates and this effect was not decreased by finasteride. Nitric oxide synthase activity in the penile cytosol was measured by the arginine-citrulline conversion and was found to correlate with the EFS determinations. These results show that DHT is the active androgen in the prevention of erectile failure seen in castrated rats, and suggest that this effect may be mediated, at least partially, by changes in nitric oxide synthase levels in the penis.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7534702

Someone help me out. Castration reduced the EFS-induced erectile response by 50%, compared to normal rats. Testosterone treatment restored this. When finasteride was given to these rats, erectile response was not restored. What do they mean by "DHT was as effective as testosterone in restoring response to EFS in castrates and this effect was not decreased by finasteride"? I think they're saying that the DHT level was the only reason the erectile response wasn't restored - but then again, if testosterone was as effective as DHT when it comes to restoring EFS... What are they saying? It's confusing. Anyway, this clearly proves the importance of DHT and nitric oxide when it comes to erections.

epro

Reaction score
I've been taking it for 2 days only so the response of my body is amazing, i hope i will recover very soon. I am sure that stress is responsible for ED (in some cases). I fell much more relax now. Tomorrow i will add l-arginine and see how it works.

Ende

Reaction score
Irwin Goldstein

The pathophysiology of 5 alpha reductase inhibitors on sexual function may be related to reduction of dihydrotestosterone levels. Nitric oxide and the enzyme, nitric oxide synthase are critically important in sexually stimulated penile erections. Dihydrotestosterone is more potent than testosterone in raising nitric oxide synthase activity. Because 5 alpha reductase inhibitors reduce serum levels of dihydrotestosterone, this effect may be responsible for erectile dysfunction by reducing levels of nitric oxide and reducing nitric oxide synthase activity in the penile erection tissues

Researchers have documented that at high doses, finasteride impaired erectile function by altering nitric oxide activity in the penis. In addition, investigators examined the effect of testosterone on penile erection. In this study, animals were divided into five groups: sham-operated controls, castrated controls, castrates treated with testosterone, castrates treated with dihydrotestosterone, and castrates treated with a combination of testosterone and a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. 5 alpha reductase inhibitors caused both a decrease in nitric oxide activity in the erection tissue and a reduction in erectile response to electrical stimulation.
http://www.sexualmed.org/index.cfm/risk ... d-avodart/

Ende

Reaction score
I'm not going to use that drug. I have L-arginine. I've been reading some articles about NO. It makes blood flow easier, and reduces clotting. I wonder if those who're using finasteride will have an increased risk of experiencing cardiovascular diseases, when finasteride reduces levels of NO significantly, simply by reducing the level of DHT.

I guess we'll know within 20 years.

Ende

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that using an oral reductase inhibitor as a hair loss treatment, is like using chemotherapy to fight cancer. It works, but you can only hope that it'll reduce the cancer and make surgical removal an option before it kills you - like we're waiting for a potent topical anti-androgen like CB-03-01.

Ende

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I'm talking about worst case scenario here. Although all the stuff about nitric oxide and cardiovascular function makes me worried.

Ende

Reaction score
Irwin Goldstein

The pathophysiology of 5 alpha reductase inhibitors on sexual function may be related to reduction of dihydrotestosterone levels. Nitric oxide and the enzyme, nitric oxide synthase are critically important in sexually stimulated penile erections. Dihydrotestosterone is more potent than testosterone in raising nitric oxide synthase activity. Because 5 alpha reductase inhibitors reduce serum levels of dihydrotestosterone, this effect may be responsible for erectile dysfunction by reducing levels of nitric oxide and reducing nitric oxide synthase activity in the penile erection tissues.

Researchers have documented that at high doses, finasteride impaired erectile function by altering nitric oxide activity in the penis. In addition, investigators examined the effect of testosterone on penile erection. In this study, animals were divided into five groups: sham-operated controls, castrated controls, castrates treated with testosterone, castrates treated with dihydrotestosterone, and castrates treated with a combination of testosterone and a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. 5 alpha reductase inhibitors caused both a decrease in nitric oxide activity in the erection tissue and a reduction in erectile response to electrical stimulation.
I've seen Mens Rea mentioning Dr. Goldstein in the same sentence as Dr. Irwig, Shippen and Crisler. It appears like he's talking about the rat study I linked to in this thread. It seems like the proposition is based on that study.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Enden said:
Irwin Goldstein

The pathophysiology of 5 alpha reductase inhibitors on sexual function may be related to reduction of dihydrotestosterone levels. Nitric oxide and the enzyme, nitric oxide synthase are critically important in sexually stimulated penile erections. Dihydrotestosterone is more potent than testosterone in raising nitric oxide synthase activity. Because 5 alpha reductase inhibitors reduce serum levels of dihydrotestosterone, this effect may be responsible for erectile dysfunction by reducing levels of nitric oxide and reducing nitric oxide synthase activity in the penile erection tissues.

I've seen Mens Rea mentioning Dr. Goldstein in the same sentence as Dr. Irwig, Shippen and Crisler. It appears like he's talking about the rat study I linked to in this thread. It seems like the proposition is based on that study.

Dr Goldstein is really on the ball. He physically examines PFS sufferers penis' and tests for sensitivity, tissue abnormality, blood flow and all the things finasteride effects. EXCELLENT doctor from what i read and hear.

epro

Reaction score
Yesterday, i was almost complety fine, today my penis is again smaller, shrinking, but my libido, erections are completely normal. What the f*** is going on?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
epro said:
Yesterday, i was almost complety fine, today my penis is again smaller, shrinking, but my libido, erections are completely normal. What the f*ck is going on?

Fluctuations. There is something going on in your body.

I can go from almost normal to completely dysfunctional inside a day. One day i have a good sized penis the next day its pencil dick. No joke.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Mens Rea said:
epro said:
Yesterday, i was almost complety fine, today my penis is again smaller, shrinking, but my libido, erections are completely normal. What the f*ck is going on?

Fluctuations. There is something going on in your body.

I can go from almost normal to completely dysfunctional inside a day. One day i have a good sized penis the next day its pencil dick. No joke.

I'm the same. I am getting better though after considerable time. It does get better guys for most anyway.

Yep. I'm not 100% sure i can recover to a good level, as weird as that may sound. I'd prefer to have a "wavey" sexual function than a constant disabled one. The former means i just need to do the right things to ensure i iron out these waves.

My penis and semen had been excellent there for a few weeks. Then after two nigths drinking things went south, massively. It just showed me that my body isn't at 100% and doing unhealthy things put it back into retreat. I'll be looking after myself in a very specific way in the coming weeks. Will report back.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
My penis and semen had been excellent there for a few weeks. Then after two nigths drinking things went south, massively. It just showed me that my body isn't at 100% and doing unhealthy things put it back into retreat. I'll be looking after myself in a very specific way in the coming weeks. Will report back.

A large drinking binge can still have an effect on me too, I put it down to the increase in estrogen in brings about, also hops have an estrogenic effect, so it might be time to get on that cider (assuming your not already a Wurzel)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1852439/

long term of course having a beer belly (doesn't have to be caused by booze) increases the amount of aromatase in your body.

You probably already know all this given what you've been through, but possibly useful for someone else reading