How to deal with sides

epro

Reaction score
I have been on propecia for 10 weeks an i dropped it 3 weeks ago. During the treatment i got only problems with wood, but now i suffer much more. My symptoms are less flacid size, low libido and i can't reach full penis wood. My hormones are fine beside estradiol which is a little bit too high, and shbg which is too low. I have been taking chelated zinc for about month but i think it is not enough. What should i do, wait or go to endo for hormone drugs?

Ende

Reaction score
Congratulations, you're screwed. Welcome to hell. Take a look around. Get to know some of the guys. I'm in the same situation, so is monty1978, Mens Rea, Propecia, barcafan, Mew and several other guys as well. All the side effects should subside within 2 weeks after the last Propecia pill. It's been 3 weeks, and you're worse off than you were on the drug. You've crashed, and you won't get any professional help, because no one knows how to solve the problem.

How to deal with side effects from finasteride

epro

Reaction score
C'mon you want to scary me i have problems with full wood i cant maintance it, you think it will never come back to normal i think it is impossible, are your situation as same as mine?

Ende

Reaction score
I'm not trying to scare you. It's the ugly truth. I'm in the same situation. I guess some of the others will be joining us shortly.

Read my thread, at least the first page.

Ende

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened, but I told you to visit propeciahelp.com as well. Don't get lost in there. Just have a look, to see what you're up against. The sooner you realize the situation you're in, the sooner you can begin to work on your recovery.

epro

Reaction score
I read your thread. I have palpitations as well but my libido is rather normal just something is block blood flow to my penis. Are there any drugs which can help with this?

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
epro said:
I read your thread. I have palpitations as well but my libido is rather normal just something is block blood flow to my penis. Are there any drugs which can help with this?

u feel something like a little bowling ball on ur belly?

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Congratulations, you're screwed. Welcome to hell. Take a look around. Get to know some of the guys. I'm in the same situation, so is monty1978, Mens Rea, Propecia, barcafan, Mew and several other guys as well. All the side effects should subside within 2 weeks after the last Propecia pill. It's been 3 weeks, and you're worse off than you were on the drug. You've crashed, and you won't get any professional help, because no one knows how to solve the problem.

(my original post was out of character and I wish to retract it after having offered my apologies to Enden)

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:

Come on, man. He might not have got permanent effects, he may just be recovering from them. And he should definately seek out professional help.

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
ah man enden, not the best way to go about it. You can't diagnose him over the internet like that without even seeing him. Most of the times you are a man of wisdom though, but he could well be fine it's still early days...

To OP,

my advice is to stop masturbating or *trying* to masturbate for a while, and also lift some weights, get outside play football etc etc. just forget about it.

if you decide to masturbate to pics of nice women, or have sex with your girlfriend or whatever, you have to enjoy the women, and not think about the fact you took finasteride and maybe your dick won't work. Dude, even if a guy took placebo pill and then thought about for some reason his dick is permenantly fucked, then regardless of propecia or not, he's gonna have problems.

PS, not saying it's all mental, worst case scenario, is that yes finasteride has messed you up abit. and if that IS the case, it is possible you can recover man.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
epro said:
I have been on propecia for 10 weeks an i dropped it 3 weeks ago. During the treatment i got only problems with wood, but now i suffer much more. My symptoms are less flacid size, low libido and i can't reach full penis wood. My hormones are fine beside estradiol which is a little bit too high, and shbg which is too low. I have been taking chelated zinc for about month but i think it is not enough. What should i do, wait or go to endo for hormone drugs?

Just wait for a bit.

And like someone else said if you can workout that should help.

If things aren't back after a few months, then I'd think about taking further action

How old are you btw?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
epro said:

Don't panic, man.

I'm sure you now realise propecia is a bad drug.

We can't be sure what direction your body will take over the next few months but there are a few things you MUST do:

1) Go to you doctor and make him let you have blood tests for the following (atleast):

Testosterone
Estrogen
LH
FSH
Prolactin
SHBG

2) LOOK AFTER YOURSELF. Exercise, lift weights, avoid alcohol. Lay off the masturbation!! Give your body a chance to fight back.

3) Stay calm knowing you are doing everything you can (if you do the above) and realise we have to take one step at a time.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
epro said:
I have been on propecia for 10 weeks an i dropped it 3 weeks ago.

quite probable that u don't get permanent sides.

however keep urself watched by Doctor possibly aware of PFS

epro

Reaction score
Well, yesterday during the masturbation my dick was normal, no problems with erection, as hard as should be, as long as should be, but my main problem now is flaccid size. It is something wrong i feel some warm inside and one time it is too short, one time too wide i don't what is going on. My pulse is going to be normal now. I am still a little bit stress because i am still thinking about it so i know it is not helpful. One more think 3 days after crash i was almost normal no sides i thought everything is going to be ok but next it came back again. I am taking chelated zinc 50mg and fish oil do you think i should add something? About my blood tests, as i said: shbg too low, estrdiol too high rest ok. I am 21.

Ende

Reaction score
I want to apologize to epro for the way I responded. I've just realized that I don't have anything more to do on this part of the forum for now. It doesn't matter what we say, because the people who needs to see it, usually don't see it before it's too late anyway. Merck states that the side effects will subside if you continue with the drug, and if not, they'll disappear within 2 weeks after quitting the drug. Almost a year ago, I asked the moderators on this forum, and the admin - if they could make a sticky thread in the "Antiandrogens & Androgen Blockers" part, and recommend all the users to do a simple blood test before beginning treatment, but no. This is not mandatory, it's not even recommended by Merck. I've been in contact with them as well, trying to make a change, but of course they won't recommend this. No proof of anything, is the only thing which keeps Propecia on the market. At the same time, you have users on the forum, that are using Propecia without any trouble themselves, and they do everything they can to convince you that everything will be alright - because there is a lot of scientific evidence which backs this up, and if not - it's a psychological issue. That's their way of handling the fear. I'm fed up, and I made an example out of you, for that I'm sorry. Just to be clear, I've never said that anyone shouldn't seek professional help.

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
epro said:
Well, yesterday during the masturbation my dick was normal, no problems with erection, as hard as should be, as long as should be, but my main problem now is flaccid size. It is something wrong i feel some warm inside and one time it is too short, one time too wide i don't what is going on. My pulse is going to be normal now. I am still a little bit stress because i am still thinking about it so i know it is not helpful. One more think 3 days after crash i was almost normal no sides i thought everything is going to be ok but next it came back again. I am taking chelated zinc 50mg and fish oil do you think i should add something? About my blood tests, as i said: shbg too low, estrdiol too high rest ok. I am 21.

when i crashed i felt cold/warm inside penis and sparkling sensation.
sometimes stiff in flaccid state and general cloggy sensation on belly

smv1200

Reaction score
just a suggestion bro try taking l-arginine/ornithine pills...they are supposed to stimulate hgh production which can increase muscle build while burning off fat... this may help with some estrogen symptoms that include ED, gyno...personally it has helped me to get rid of gyno almost completely and i think it has increased blood flow down there. Also i'm leaner than ever. It goes without saying that you should be exercising and living as healthy as possible to recover quickly

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
smv1200 said:
just a suggestion bro try taking l-arginine/ornithine pills...they are supposed to stimulate hgh production which can increase muscle build while burning off fat... this may help with some estrogen symptoms that include ED, gyno..

yes, arginyne helps for sure, but when u stop it how long u keep the results?