How To Cure Baldness By Altering Hormones While Retaining Masculinity

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good thread, im very tempted by estradiol. It's only going to be my last resort but one i would be willing to take in a few years if i haven't had decent regrowth from other methods first. Btw do you have any ralox lying around that you would be willing to sell to me? i would pay extra for it, i can't get it online and i have some bad gyno right now.

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@lexluthor.12
I'd say this is the spectrum of extremeness in sexual side effect chance:

finasteride > dutasteride > spironolactone > cypro > estradiol > Diane 35

*bicalutimide is a bit of a loophole, it's a stronger AA yet less chance of sexual sides

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gave up, ESPECIALLY 2.5 mg. I will never touch E. However; I may consider bicalutamide 25 mg if it doesn't give me insomnia.

lexluthor.12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@lexluthor.12
I'd say this is the spectrum of extremeness in sexual side effect chance:

finasteride > dutasteride > spironolactone > cypro > estradiol > Diane 35

*bicalutimide is a bit of a loophole, it's a stronger AA yet less chance of sexual sides
Does all of them effect cognutive function?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this has been a long time coming. I have to thank bridgeburn for giving me the inspiration to try HRT (hormone replacement therapy). He and I have diverging methods, goals and opinions however so it has become necessary to start my own thread. I hope I can inspire some of you to regrow some great hair like he did for me.

This stuff is the real deal. It is far more likely to work and regrow hair than anything else known in this world. If you have a few thin wispy strips of hair left or you have a norwood six heavily receded hair line and want a full head of hair again believe me when I say there is a chance its not too late for you. This is the most realistic method possible. Hair transplants cant come close to what hrt can accomplish. But be aware that this is a high risk high reward method that is essentially a gamble.

This is a how to guide to regrowing hair and completely reverse balding by way of reducing testosterone and increasing estrogen through drugs while minimizing the feminizing effects as much as possible. I have been using hrt safely under the supervision of my family doctor who has allowed me to test this out. In these 14 months I have managed to completely regrow all of my hair from a nearly bald state all while keeping the feminizing effects to a minimum. I will explain how to do this and what drugs to take, when to take them and the dosages you will need.

Disclaimer: This regimen should only be attempted as a last resort. You should try to use everything else possible first. That means Minoxidil,Nizoral, Finasteride, Dutasteride, Dermarolling, scalp massages, Vitamins, Apples, head stands, prayer and if possible for your type of hair loss - hair transplants. All should be taken before attempting this. Just because I got great results and hair growth from this does not mean you will too. As with any treatment there isn't a guarantee that you will regrow hair from this. You will get some amount of gyno from this regimen. That is unavoidable but I can show you how to minimize it. If you value having a perfect chest over a full head of hair than this is not the treatment for you.

WARNING: There are serious possible side effects including permanent Infertility, gynecomastia,low libido, low testosterone after discontinuing use, Insomnia, fatigue, depression, muscle loss and general feminizing of the body.

The Drugs I Use

Estrogel: This is a gel form of Estradiol (the most potent form of estrogen) It will raise your estrogen of course which is what we want. I use 2.5 g to 3.75 g per day which equates to 2 or 3 pumps per day. Sometimes I will take a week off or 5 days here and there and it still works fine. I usually apply it to my inner arms and scalp but you can apply it your stomach or thighs as well. Wait a few minutes for the gel to absorb in your skin before putting on clothes. Also wait for 5 hours after applying to shower to make sure it has been fully absorbed.

Cyproterone: A testosterone blocker that will lower your test dramatically and reduce the amount of estrogel you will need to use. I used 12.5mg a day in the beginning by cutting a 50 mg tablet into quarters. You may need less or more than me depending on how your body reacts. Even 12.5mg 3 times a week can be very effective in the beginning. Over time i started to use much less. Now I usually only take Cypro every 7 to 10 days and still my hair improves. Cypro depletes vitamin B12 which can cause depression and lethargy so take with a supplement.

Letrozole: This drug you will kill all estrogen in your body so you will use it periodically to reduce gyno. Its pretty hardcore with some bad fatigue side effects so I only take it for 10 days at 2.5 mg and then switch to Raloxifene.

Raloxifene: This will reduce estrogen but only in spcific areas like breast tissue so it is safer to take for a longer time. Ralox also works better when your at a lower estrogen level to start with which is why I take it after Letro. I would take this for 3 to 5 weeks at 60 mg a day after letrozole to further reduce gyno.

Both Letro and Ralox should not be taken at the same time as the Estrogel and Cypro. They will just fight each other and its not safe to do. Ralox and Letro will both cause a hair shed but that's okay because you shouldn't lose near as much hair as you have gained. After the gyno has been reduced simply resume taking the gel and cypro again. I started taking these 6 months in to undo some gyno and it worked great for me. There is a chance that these drugs will not work for you. You should know that it is not a miracle cure for gyno. You will most likely have some gyno left.

Remember to take breaks - even just taking a week or two off can really help diminish unwanted side effects. libidos too low? take a couple weeks off. not sleeping well? take a couple of weeks off. Gyno freaking you out? take a couple of weeks off. Its up to you how slow and cautious you want to be.

Ideally this regimen should only be temporary. After you have regrown the desired amount of hair you should stop the treatment and take something more mild like finasteride for maintenance.

Before and after photos.

Note:
My hair was actually in a much worse state than it appears in the before photo. You can see my bangs were so thin at the time they were almost invisible. Most of the hair you see is actually hair combed way forward from the middle of my head to look like bangs. I wish I had a photo to show you guys how bad it truly was. It was so thin I was just about to shave my head. Without toppik and dermatch it was completely see through. If I planned on making proper before and after shots I would have taken one with no products in my hair.

Before (Summer 2018) With a shitload of toppik, dermatch, dry shampoo and hair volumizing powder.
View attachment 130709

And after (May 4 2019) With nothing in my hair
View attachment 130710

FAQ:

Do I have gyno? yes because of this treatment I have gyno. People who have seen me with my shirt off haven't noticed but its there. If I want to wear tight clothing I wear a men's compression undershirt which you can buy from amazon but most of the time I don't think about it. I see lots of skinny fat guys around with gyno all the time and are less self conscious about it than I am. So I consider it a necessary sacrifice to regrowing my hair.

Does my dick still work? Yes it still works perfectly. My libido is much lower but it works right away whenever I want. I have a much lower amount of semen with a watery consistency that's the main drawback.

Can I still grow a beard? Yes I still can and I have one right now. It is a little more patchy than it used to be on one side.

Do I Still Have Muscle? Yes I have not lost any muscle however the stronger you are the more likely you are to lose some. I am stronger and have more muscle than most men and I haven't noticed a difference. Your case may be completely different.

Do I look like a girl?
No I look like a normal man . It has given a softer appearance to my skin which has made me look a couple of years younger.

Do I have extra fat on my hips and buttocks? No I never got any body fat redistribution.

How long did it take to see regrowth? A few months. At first I went through a shedding phase.

How long after you started hrt did you take Letro and Ralox? it was six months after I started I took my first cycle off to reduce gyno.

I'm sure there are things I've forgotten. I'll add to this page every so often.
Appreciate this: I was making decent progress from Feb-June, but didn't realize just how well I was doing at the time: E2 topical, finasteride, min. Then dropped E2 for dutasteride beginning of june...Big f*****g Mistake. In 4 months I lost significant quality and density. I'm back to my original regimen, now with the addition of spironolactone. I have a couple of questions:

1) On the days you use estrogel on scalp, how do you apply through hair? I have been dissolving estrogel in either minoxidil liquid or neogenic, then spreading over scalp.
2) Any update on the vein prominence issue? Mine was caused by oral min mostly, but also by e2 (to a lesser extent). Totally went away the months I dropped e2 and oral min.
Thanks

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate this: I was making decent progress from Feb-June, but didn't realize just how well I was doing at the time: E2 topical, finasteride, min. Then dropped E2 for dutasteride beginning of june...Big f*****g Mistake. In 4 months I lost significant quality and density. I'm back to my original regimen, now with the addition of spironolactone. I have a couple of questions:

1) On the days you use estrogel on scalp, how do you apply through hair? I have been dissolving estrogel in either minoxidil liquid or neogenic, then spreading over scalp.
2) Any update on the vein prominence issue? Mine was caused by oral min mostly, but also by e2 (to a lesser extent). Totally went away the months I dropped e2 and oral min.
Thanks

1) I just rub the gel into my scalp. I don't do it very often anymore though because my hair probably absorbs most of it.

2) It diminished when I started taking e less often. its not very noticeable now.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was making decent progress from Feb-June, but didn't realize just how well I was doing at the time: E2 topical, finasteride, min. Then dropped E2 for dutasteride beginning of june...Big f*****g Mistake. In 4 months I lost significant quality and density. I'm back to my original regimen, now with the addition of spironolactone.

It's interesting that it only took 4 months off of e for things to start getting considerably worse again. I imagine that it would be the same for me. how has your hair recovered and what is your original/current regimen by the way I cant remember. It's good to see you back again I hope you can stick with this.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you again wolfpac?
Mid 20's I don't want to get too specific about personal details.

Hello Wolf! Do you have any shed ( i mean haw much hair per day you lose? In shover ?) and thanks for post!
I had a big shed the first couple of months but nowadays I have no Idea because my hair is too short right now to notice any shedding. I don't keep track of shedding anyways I just go by what I see in the mirror.

Good thread, im very tempted by estradiol. It's only going to be my last resort but one i would be willing to take in a few years if i haven't had decent regrowth from other methods first. Btw do you have any ralox lying around that you would be willing to sell to me? i would pay extra for it, i can't get it online and i have some bad gyno right now.

Try to get it from your doctor. Its not expensive and He should understand why you need it.

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks
What vein prominence issue? Can you elaborate?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What vein prominence issue? Can you elaborate?

Estradiol and minoxidil thins the skin so when I was taking more e gel before my veins became more visible. Now that I take less I'm pretty much back to normal. It's actually a really rare side effect that only me and obsessive ever noticed.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never used loniten. I tried minoxidil a few years ago but it gave me too many sides to be worth it. Raccoon eyes dry skin heart palpitations all that stuff.

I experienced the exact same side effects (back when I tried Kirkland's Minoxidil) sucks :(

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's interesting that it only took 4 months off of e for things to start getting considerably worse again. I imagine that it would be the same for me. how has your hair recovered and what is your original/current regimen by the way I cant remember. It's good to see you back again I hope you can stick with this.
I haven't had enough time for a recovery. And I cannot say how much of the damage can be attributed to dropping e2 vs starting dutas, as I did this at the same time.
My current regiment is: 1 mg estrogel on hairline and scalp, 1 mg finasteride, 100 mg spironolactone, topical minoxidil (all 1 x day). Microneedling 1x week. I also just got some topical progresterone and may tinker with that. I'd like to get a few more positive stories with prog first though.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im having some trouble finding any positive stories on CB in terms of it helping and little to no side effects. Can someone here point me in the right part of this forum or at least give me an overview of what the consensus is on CB? In my current cocktail it will be my sole androgen suppressor.