How the hell do you get rid of seborrheic dermatitis?

Reaction score
I have had the same thing for the last 5 months, it used to go away and come back and always correlated after a stressful event. Now its fairly constant.

From my research and experiance i hypothesize that the actual cause may be low cortisol, as people have reported success with topical corticosteroids and cortisol is a corticosteroid also involved in regulating the inflammation part of the immune system. The actual cause must be internal and no topical will address the real issue, only help you manage the symptoms.

Of course this is merely hypothetical and to test this hypothesis i will have to get some blood tests.

Reaction score
asm said:
Hey, guys!

Haven't been here for a while. Now, I'm going to share a recipe with you, which nearly totally controls my SD. Although, it's still good to stick with diet, exercises, etc., for the most part, doing just this will make things much better.

The recipe is all about apple vinegar. It should be 6%. Be cautious, cause there are vinegars with higher and very high concentration. And I don't know what will be if the rule of 6% is violated. Although, I think 5%, 7% would be good. It's not a big change compared to 6%. Oh, and I use also natural vinegar. It often has a label if it's natural or not.

So, I take a dish deep enough so that I can put my head wholly into it. :woot: Then I fill it with a vinegar. Afterwards, I lay myself down on the floor on my back putting my head into the dish so that my scalp is totally submerged in vinegar. I hope it's clear.

I lie about 30-40 minutes a day, reading a book. Then wash my head with a shampoo. It doesn't matter which one or whether it contains anti-dandruff agent.

Few earliest times, there was a fear that I may leave all hair in a dish, cause it's an acid. Though I can assure you you won't (cause I didn't), you may feel better and safer, if you start with 5-10 minutes. And then increase the timing, when you feel it's really safe. Besides, I'm not a doctor and we are all different, so you should check how it works for you.

I read here some of you used apple vinegar, to no effect. But applying it on the scalp and leaving it there for some minutes or may be even an hour while it's drying and putting your scalp wholly into vinegar are completely different. If you didn't have a success with the first option, try it my way.

I've been using it for about half a year. Nearly no SD.

this actually makes some sense as vinegar is used to tenderize meat, it may start to digest the dead skin cells and break the bonds to the living ones. Protein is protein.

TBO

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been reading on this forum for a week or so. It's somewhat relieving to see that I'm not alone with my condition, and I've learned alot from what is written here. I've something to contribute to the subject you're discussing in this thread, so I decided to join your community.

I've been suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for many years without knowing what it was and how to treat it, and believe it's the main cause for my hairloss. I now treat this skin disorder with a drug named Diprosalic by Schering-Plough, a topical solution which is available on prescription. I've only been on one treatment so far (lasted 1 or 2 weeks), and it was gone for several months before it returned. I'm also washing my hair every day, once every morning. I never use anything else than "baby shampoo".

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
A simple shampoo with natural coal tar coupled with a healthy diet (low carb) and lots of exercise + piroctone olamine shampoo once a week and my seb. dermatitis is well under control. No severe itching, no severe redness and no greasy skin flakes.