How Safe Is Minoxidil Oral At Dose As Low As 1mg A Day?

Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to know how safe will it be take oral minoxidil at loses from 1mg-2.5mg

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to know how safe will it be take oral minoxidil at loses from 1mg-2.5mg
Based on my own experience, I think it would be sensible to start on a low dose such as 2.5mg/day, monitor any side effects and then you can judge if it'll be sensible to increase the dose over time. I wouldn't take more than 10mg/ day though based on my own experience.

Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on my own experience, I think it would be sensible to start on a low dose such as 2.5mg/day, monitor any side effects and then you can judge if it'll be sensible to increase the dose over time. I wouldn't take more than 10mg/ day though based on my own experience.
Any bad sides on low doses till now?

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any bad sides on low doses till now?
My ears are ringing as I write this sentence! It's the only side effect I experienced. I was initially taking 10mg/day but reduced this after a few days to 5mg/day. I was only on the meds for 1 week.

Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My ears are ringing as I write this sentence! It's the only side effect I experienced. I was initially taking 10mg/day but reduced this after a few days to 5mg/day. I was only on the meds for 1 week.
That would freak me out... How old are you and how bad is your hair losss?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think 5mg is too much to be starting with. Even though I know this is what some people tend to do.

Most western doctors don’t prescribe above 2mg a day. Some start with as little as 0.25mg.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was on 10mg I had my blood pressure checked and it was still within normal range. I did get dark circles and extra body hair though.