How Quick Was Your Hair Loss And When Did It Start?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did your hair really get that bad? From your old posts you're like a Norwood 2 at the WORSE.

Hmm.. well yeah maybe Norwood 2. But ive took a sudden dip of recent. Last month hair has literally gone to sh*t. Will be posting pics update on my story soon

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No signs of loss when i was 25. By the age of 27 my hair had diffused into a pile of fried straw. from luscious to ratty in two years. hair line did not move. i have a nw1.5 birds nest.

no family history of hair loss on either side. i’m the lucky one :D

nothing has worked for a single strand of regrowth. maybe i should try some contraceptive pills.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No signs of loss when i was 25. By the age of 27 my hair had diffused into a pile of fried straw. from luscious to ratty in two years. hair line did not move. i have a nw1.5 birds nest.

no family history of hair loss on either side. i’m the lucky one :D

nothing has worked for a single strand of regrowth. maybe i should try some contraceptive pills.

That explains your avatar

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That explains your avatar

indeed. birds like to lay eggs on my head because they mistake it for their home. i am a walking ecosystem.

13 years on finasteride maintaining nw3 is impressive. how is your density? i hope something better comes out so that you won’t have to deal with those side effects anymore.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
indeed. birds like to lay eggs on my head because they mistake it for their home. i am a walking ecosystem.

13 years on finasteride maintaining nw3 is impressive. how is your density? i hope something better comes out so that you won’t have to deal with those side effects anymore.

Density is fine, crown is fine, just my hairline who get wrecked in the very first months to a NW2, and then slowly degrade to NW3
Yes i hope so too, we are all hoping so, it's about damn time

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Began receding at 22 y/o. Diagnosed with male pattern baldness at 25(prob a Norwood 2 than). Procrastinated from Finasteride, in denial until Norwood 3.5 at age 34. Been on Proscar for 18 months, no regrowth, thinking about going the hair transplant route.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair loss is atypical.

Around 18 I shed a lot of hair around my temples and was left between norwood1.5-2.

Upon hitting my early 20s I had heavy diffuse hair loss which left me as a Norwood 5. It partly came back to a Norwood~ 3a by itself a year or so later. I've been bouncing between 3a-5 most of my 20s. Tried seeing derms, minoxidil, finasteride etc nothing made much difference.

Hair seems to be coming back to a Norwood 2 by itself in my early 30s. After having a panic attack and being treated for mental health problems my facial hair, eyebrows and head hair is coming back hard and fast.

I'll make a thread with pictures soon for anybody interested

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Around 18 I shed a lot of hair around my temples and was left between norwood1.5-2.

Upon hitting my early 20s I had heavy diffuse hair loss which left me as a Norwood 5. It partly came back to a Norwood~ 3a by itself a year or so later. I've been bouncing between 3a-5 most of my 20s. Tried seeing derms, minoxidil, finasteride etc nothing made much difference.

Hair seems to be coming back to a Norwood 2 by itself in my early 30s. After having a panic attack and being treated for mental health problems my facial hair, eyebrows and head hair is coming back hard and fast.

Wow, are you sure it's Androgenetic Alopecia ? diffuse NW5 to NW2 by itself seems really odd

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, are you sure it's Androgenetic Alopecia ? diffuse NW5 to NW2 by itself seems really odd

A derm took a look at my head when I was younger and told me I had male pattern baldness. I tried everything. vitamins, finasteride, dutas, minoxidil, nizoral and every snake oil going and nothing made a difference other than a slight improvement from nizoral.

I've only recently noticed my hair has been spontaneously getting much thicker and my slick bald crown now has a lot of hair on it. It happened at the same time as facial hair and body hair returning. It's been going on for about 10 years now.

Obviously I'm delighted as my hair is back to how it was when I was early 20s but pretty perplexed. My gp hasn' got a clue but thinks it may be linked to an underlying anxiety disorder that I had no diagnosis for. Chronic Telogen Effluvium maybe? I have no idea tbh . I'll share some photos when I get back from work

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline receded after 21. Slowly but surely. Didnt do anything about until now 31. Norwood 2.8 and growing hair back with minoxidil (no shedding no sides). Also dermarolling and trying the natural way of f*****g up my system with pumkin seed oil supps. Baldness is on all sides of every family member lol.

Last edited:

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Till 32 years no problems...then in the year 2013 it starts..massive hair loss from a "full head" to a diffuse thinning guy.

It can happen at 20 or 40. Nobody knows when fate strikes.

Quickstrike

Established Member
Reaction score
Started noticing hairs falling out everywhere when I was 21 years old.

My bald father told me that there was no way I would go bald.. what with my mom's father having a full head of hair at age 80.
And my mother also reassured me that all her brothers complained about hair loss in their 20's-30's, but they still look good in their 60's [all have Mitt Romney style hair].

Hair was falling out quickly in my early 20's, but it escalated like 1000x when I was 27-28.
The problem was, I moved into a new house that was still under-construction during this time. There were no mirrors in this house. I wasn't checking my hair like I used to.
Tonnes of hair was falling out, but I just thought, look at the hairline... it was NW2'ish at the time.. still within 'mature hairline' territory. Little did I know all those thousands of hairs falling out daily were not from the hairline but all over my head. My head was going bald in a diffuse pattern super quickly.

This new house also had a soft water tank and I started using conditioner for the first time. I thought the reason my hair was feeling so soft and lifeless was because of the soft water and conditioner I was using.

Fast forward to when I was 29... finally got mirrors in the house.. took the time to look at my hair from different angles.. notice scalp showing through from all angles.. immediately become depressed and start taking Finasteride.

I was in so much denial all those years.. didn't attack my hair loss until my hairline was at ~NW3 and my whole scalp was diffused seriously all the way down to NW6.

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes! :)

jo123456789

My Regimen
Reaction score
First noticed around 30 or so, I am 39 now. Nw1.5 or 2 max currently, not bad for my age. Not on any hairloss meds, only nizoral 2x week. Hair has lost some density from my youth. I guess that happens. Most people would say I'm a full head. Waiting to see how it progesses before drugs. If I hit Norwood 2.5-3 then I will consider.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start at 20 years old, and progressing in the classic manner with temples going first.
Norwood 4 / 5 at 26 years old and beein shaving since then...

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine has been very slow. It started with corner recession at around 24. I'm now a decade later and at it's worst 2 months ago I was becoming a deep NW2 with some thinning to NW3.

At the present I'm rapidly reversing to a mature NW1 on both sides. Currently it has the contour of a NW1 on the left side but with a little triangle of thin hair still present which is thickening up. The right is a NW2 still but barely, more like a 1.5, with fuzz to the NW1 area. So the right is just lagging a bit.

I consider myself lucky that it has progressed so slowly as it has given me many years to first debate whether I wanted to treat it at all, then try multiple treatments like finasteride/dutasteride/RU which failed for me over the span of 4 years. And most recently, it has given me the chance to try some more aggressive treatments which have worked and I am getting a good response on.

It's a wonderful feeling growing back hair. Feels like becoming whole again, or like becoming normal. Reversing time. It's a very calming thing for me.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started at 17, very rapid diffuse hair loss and hairline receded a full inch. It was still a straight line, but farther back. Hair loss then slowed down dramatically on its own and became virtually undetectable until about 9 years later when it kicked into high gear again. Now am Norwood 2 with a very thin crown. Currently on 1mg Finasteride/1.5ml Minoxidil/1% Ketoconazole shampoo daily since October.

Last edited:

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my case is little different. I'm 27 now and I have the exact same hairline I did 10 years ago. My issue is a little thinner area at the left front corner. That little thinner area has been there for at least 4 years (4 years ago I noticed it when I did a buzz cut). Today the area is exactly the same without worsening. So either it's just a weird parting, or a very non agressive male pattern baldness.........that perhaps will explode soon haha.