How often should you bench press?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
ccs....12 is small....thats liek average for a guy who doesnt work out...
i agree with the lame guy

obv. you have to eat like an animal to get bigger....80% of gains are made in the kitchen!!
well knowen[/quote]

G

my arms are 14.5 inch pumped. i don't think they're really small. i'd say average for my age.

G

hair today gone tomorrow
Experienced Poster

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know you are...but what am I"

your the f a g....im the shoalin warrior....enter the 36 chamberrss!!

LMAO, Not only your a dumb a s s and can't s p e l l , you are also a dork

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
shaolinmonk said:
hair today gone tomorrow
Experienced Poster

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:53 pm Post subject:

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:53 pm Post subject:

"I know you are...but what am I"

your the f a g....im the shoalin warrior....enter the 36 chamberrss!!

LMAO, Not only your a dumb a s s and can't s p e l l , you are also a dork

im a dork? haha...your a f a g just for using that word.

yah im dumb....i prob make more money than your parents...lol

G

hair today gone tomorrow Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:18 pm Post subject:

I'm sure you do from working in the street corner and sucking male genitalia all day long.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score

WOW you are such a loser
first you come on here putting down ccs b/c of how much he can bench which is pretty much as lame as it gets, then you do the same with me
(and dont say you didnt cus youve been taking shots at us from the beginning)
and then you brag on how much money you make.
you should really grow up

G

roki said:

WOW you are such a loser
first you come on here putting down ccs b/c of how much he can bench which is pretty much as lame as it gets, then you do the same with me

bingo roki.

htgt is immature

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah jayman hes even more immature then you haha

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
once a week

CCS

Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
once a week

finally, someone taking things back on topic.

Everyone on bodybuilding.com disagrees on splits. So do my friends.
Some say 3x per week, some 2x, some 1x.
Some say beginners should do 3x with 3 sets total, and advanced 1x with like 10 sets.
Others say it does not matter how long you've been going, but people with mostly slow twitch should do many sets, lots of reps, low weights, 3x per week, and guys with mostly fast twitch should do heavy weights, 3-5 sets, low reps, 1x per week, and that 50% of men are in between.
Bubka says you need 4 days off, at least.

I don't know who to believe, but they all seem to agree that if I'm an average guy, and I workout each compound muscle group about 2x per week (once every 4 days) alternating between lighter one 4 day cycle and heavy the other 4 day cycle, I should be OK. That is right in between all of them, and sounds safe.

light (15 reps, 9 sets total)
1. push/upper body + abs
2. lower body (except hams) + short, intense cardio
3. pull/upper body + hams since they go with lower back + abs
4. cardio lower body (since legs take more recovery time from day 2, according to a chart I saw)

heavy (8 reps, 6? sets total) (ex: 2 incline, 2 decline, 2 flat)
1, 2, 3, 4

My friend Jake, who has a very nice build, will go heavy with 5x5 incline, 5x5 decline, 5x5 flat bench, and 5x5 butter flies, and 5x5 dumbbell flies. That is a lot of sets for a heavy day. But he is only working the chest and tricepts, and he only does it once a week, and is sore the whole week.
I'd like to do fewer sets, but almost twice a week.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the hst program says you should bench 3 times a week but only 2 sets each time
i might start it soon, it looks like a cool program

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think its best to devise your own routine as only you know your own individual goals and your own body, your strong and weak points and how you feel in terms of if your overdoing things or not. I often just look in the mirror and decide what I think needs working on.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I think its best to devise your own routine as only you know your own individual goals and your own body, your strong and weak points and how you feel in terms of if your overdoing things or not. I often just look in the mirror and decide what I think needs working on.
yes i used to do that and that's also cool if you can take you time but since i want to get as big as i can and as fast as possible i like to take a routine that is allready proven to work and is based on research and experience which i dont have and maybe change it just a tad bit to fit my goals but not too much

G

Hey Roki I agree that you should bench 3 times a week and 2 sets a day , i have been doing that routine for 1 month and seen so much improvement in my chest. I used to do my chest for 1 day of 4 sets with 12 reps and it was wearing me out. You can also lift more heavier weights with that routine.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
roki said:

WOW you are such a loser

lol...i didnt make fun of you guys for what you bench...im making fun of you guys for thinking that you look good and have muscle....you dont...not at 140lbs...im at 160 and i dont really think i have much at all...I dont even brag about my bench i think its pretty shitty....what amuses me is how you guys think its good.

If he is gonna call me stupid...he should first know that i have a b.s. in mechanical engineering...I will be starting a masters program in the fall and Im making pretty good money right now...If he considers that stupid, I wonder what he is doing with his life.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
roki said:

WOW you are such a loser

bingo roki.

htgt is immature

lol...please man.

CCS

Reaction score
HTGT,
Please delete those last two posts. They are off topic. And everyone else who got into the flame war, please edit and errase your comments. You know which posts I'm talking about.

CCS

Reaction score
I think how often you bench press should be the same as how often you do rows.

Anyway, I know some guys on here like to do 2 sets every other day. If that works good for you, great. Maybe I'll try that again. But I've learned I can recover from 10-15 sets in 4 days. I just feel better spending a full 30 minutes on a compound muscle group, and using it a lot. I don't have any results to report yet, but I just assume that using it more would give better growth. I'll report back in a few weeks, unless I feel overtraining. Just got to sleep more first.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol...i didnt make fun of you guys for what you bench...im making fun of you guys for thinking that you look good and have muscle....you dont...not at 140lbs...im at 160 and i dont really think i have much at all...I dont even brag about my bench i think its pretty shitty....what amuses me is how you guys think its good.

If he is gonna call me stupid...he should first know that i have a b.s. in mechanical engineering...I will be starting a masters program in the fall and Im making pretty good money right now...If he considers that stupid, I wonder what he is doing with his life.
i dont meen todrag it too long so i wont bring the quotes but you did make fun of us pretty much from the first post that you made to ccs.
and id like to remind you none of us braged about looking good nor being big at any point.
mistakes are hard to admit and youve been acting like a total prick in this thread since you jumped in.
but us baldies should stick together, for all i care we can move on and talk about the benching
HTGT : the HST routine brings some different view's then i read before about training in general and benching included, you saing it worked well for you?

s.a.f

Reaction score
HTGT, this is'nt a bodybuilding forum so dont get onto people for posting results that you dont think are impressive. :roll: