How often should you bench press?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
roki said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
even though he's alot stronger then me my body looks alot better and my muscles are much more defined and that is what matter's, who cares how much i can lift im just doing it to look good

you cant have muscles and bench 120 lbs.....honestly dude...i know girls that bench that...you need to start eating.
[quote:e2b7a]
your an idiot ,and you have no idea what your talking about
as i said it depends on the body build
[/quote:e2b7a]

I dont know what im talking about? Haha...ive been lifting since HS...I used to be on a bodybuilding forum for years...trust me I do know what im talkin about..

I know kids that had small frames and weighed 140lbs and now weight 180-200lbs.

Actually i had a small frame myself...when i started I weighed about 135 and I was tiny...I still dont consider myself big or strong at all....Thats why I find if funny when people like you and CCS think you looked devoloped or whatever.

benching 120lbs is well below average for guys....ANY GUY if he trained and dieted correctly could max at 225...any healthy guy.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":4df6e]
even though he's alot stronger then me my body looks alot better and my muscles are much more defined and that is what matter's, who cares how much i can lift im just doing it to look good

you cant have muscles and bench 120 lbs.....honestly dude...i know girls that bench that...you need to start eating.
[quote:4df6e]

I dont know what im talking about? Haha...ive been lifting since HS...I used to be on a bodybuilding forum for years...trust me I do know what im talkin about..

Actually i had a small frame myself...when i started I weighed about 135 and I was tiny...I still dont consider myself big or strong at all....Thats why I find if funny when people like you and CCS think you looked devoloped or whatever.

benching 120lbs is well below average for guys....ANY GUY if he trained and dieted correctly could max at 225...any healthy guy.[/quote:4df6e][/quote:4df6e]
well duh,oof course ill max that and i plan to do alot more with time
im only trainning for 4 months and i put 5kg of muscle on
i never claimed to be strong or big but i do have muscle and they are showing that's all i said and that's the truth
and you are an idiot :)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
roki said:
roki said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":fa6b0]

[quote:fa6b0]

benching 120lbs is well below average for guys....ANY GUY if he trained and dieted correctly could max at 225...any healthy guy.
well duh,oof course ill max that and i plan to do alot more with time
im only trainning for 4 months and i put 5kg of muscle on
i never claimed to be strong or big but i do have muscle and they are showing that's all i said and that's the truth
and you are an idiot :)[/quote:fa6b0][/quote:fa6b0]

lol...well you have the muscle of a 16 year old..congrats
I know more about training than you will EVER know...remember that.
have fun benching the bar...let me know if you need a spot...LOL.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you got me
im out

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seriuosly though, how lame do you have to be to come to a hairloss forum showing off your muscle and putting other people down b/c you can bench more then them?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
roki said:
seriuosly though, how lame do you have to be to come to a hairloss forum showing off your muscle and putting other people down b/c you can bench more then them?

Man, im not putting you down...im telling you Im weak myself...even what I do is considered pathetic...My friends all bench more than I do...

What im saying is that you and ccs should not walk around saying you have muscle and definition at the weights you guys are lifting....their are kids in HS that put up a lot more than that...

Its good that your training...but adding muscle takes time...

go to bodybuilding.com and read the forms there...you''ll learn a lot if your serious about training.

btw, what workout program are you following right now...are you doing a 1 muscle group per day split? (im guessing you are) If so, Id suggest sometihing else.

CCS

Reaction score
hey, I may be weak, but I've never seen even the biggest guys at the gym press twice as much as I can press. They've put up more than than twice my rep weight, when they are maxing. They even rep 100 pounds more than I rep. Not often I see that, though. The most I saw a really big guy press was the bar with 3 45's on each side. That is 315 pounds. I can max bench about 170 or 175. So twice that is 340-350. So you can't laugh too hard. Hey, at least I can max 20 pounds more than I weigh. That is not terribly shabby. And it is not a muscle imbalance either. My rowing weight is the same as my bench weight. I can also curl 85 pounds, and press 95 over my head. Those are maxes. I could only do 65 in high school, so that is an improvement.

My upper arms are not that big when I'm not flexing. But right after a workout, when I have all that blood in them, I like the way they look. That's why I go pump them up right before a date, so she can think I'm big for the first 30 minutes.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
hey, I may be weak, but I've never seen even the biggest guys at the gym press twice as much as I can press. They've put up more than than twice my rep weight, when they are maxing. They even rep 100 pounds more than I rep. Not often I see that, though. The most I saw a really big guy press was the bar with 3 45's on each side. That is 315 pounds. I can max bench about 170 or 175. So twice that is 340-350. So you can't laugh too hard. Hey, at least I can max 20 pounds more than I weigh. That is not terribly shabby. And it is not a muscle imbalance either. My rowing weight is the same as my bench weight. I can also curl 85 pounds, and press 95 over my head. Those are maxes. I could only do 65 in high school, so that is an improvement.

My upper arms are not that big when I'm not flexing. But right after a workout, when I have all that blood in them, I like the way they look. That's why I go pump them up right before a date, so she can think I'm big for the first 30 minutes.

she wont think your big if you weight 150lbs....
i guarantee you 100% she is not paying attention or cant even tell.

I find it funny how i have you beat at every one of those lifts...and i think im weak and small...but somehow you think they are good.

I can barbell curl 120lbs for like 4 reps (cheat curls) and Im not happy about it one bit....

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shaolinmonk said:
Warning hair today gone tomorrow is a dick
not only is he a dick but he's also wrong
at the humble weights im lifting with my body build people are allready noticing my muscle.

G

hair today gone tomorrow
Experienced Poster

Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha....dont hate!! Ive helped more people on here than you ever will!

"Don't hate" LMAO good choice of words you should be a rapper.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
shaolinmonk said:
Warning hair today gone tomorrow is a dick
not only is he a dick but he's also wrong
at the humble weights im lifting with my body build people are allready noticing my muscle.

lol! man i wish i could see u for real...what do your arms measure at? 12inches?
its 13 and i dont do any direct arm work
my chest is 37 and im 5 feet 7
ill try to get a pic just for you

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so i found a pic,its from two years ago and i was trainning back then too for about 4 months im about the same size although back then i could bench 50 kg and now i can do 55
im a bit bigger now

im not flexing
my hair looks the same, what do you think about the hair ?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nice low hairline, shame its not as thick as your moustache. :D