How Often do you Guys and Girls receive negative jibes about your hairloss?

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not joking every time I attend a social function I receive at least 1 negative hair loss comment.Its outrageous!It pisses me off,I take my time to get ready nice clothes,clean shaven,nice car,place my hair in position ie show as little scalp as possible,and off I go to a night out or wedding or just mates catching up at the pub.Then out of the blue some smart arse makes the comment like "Man your going thin on top".Or Man your losing your hair! And I feel like **** for the rest of the night.This has been going on for years now.The worst was a month ago at a family members funeral I was about to walk in for the service and a school mate I hadn't seen for a few years comes up and touches my head and says your losing your hair buddy.I was feeling crap already and this idiot makes that comment to me.I was just wandering How often you guys receive such negative comments when out and about? And how do you deal with it?thanks guys I had to vent..

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
My brother's hairloss was apparent before mine. He'd always shaved his hair very short so I assumed he didn't really care about hair. One time I made a little dig at him at a KFC while standing in line and he said "how would you like it if it was you and someone had a dig at you about something you can't help in public" I never said anything to him again. He actually found finasteride before I did and recovered a lot, nobody thinks he's going bald anymore though his hairline didn't totally recover. A couple of years later I noticed hair loss too and he pointed me towards finasteride. We actually have about the same amount of hair now, maybe he has more...

Point is, people are insensitive assholes, they lack empathy for others, and for years bald jokes have been institutionalised. People without hair loss just don't realise how painful it is for people who do have hairloss. Perhaps if it wasn't us it was happening to, we'd all insensitive assholes too...

shookwun

Reaction score
Next time they say something along those lines, find a recessive trait or flaw within them and counter them HARD.

Reaction score
Next time they say something along those lines, find a recessive trait or flaw within them and counter them HARD.

Good point, but you encounter multiple insults daily, then it is draining, not to mention risky. If everytime someone has said something to me about my baldness/anything else and I retaliate, I have to be prepared to fight, thus placing my liberty at risk. Unfortunately, 99% of the time you just have to swallow.

Parise

Reaction score
it's kind of odd but nobody has actually said anything to me directly, i think they're trying to be nice but my head is getting quite a lot of "stares" anyway

honestly i don't know how i would react, maybe i would just run away, it's really an awkward spot

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any answer you give will open you up for further humiliation. Best to just ignore it and let the conversation go elsewhere. Privileged norwood 1s and 2s are scumbags.

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
Any answer you give will open you up for further humiliation. Best to just ignore it and let the conversation go elsewhere. Privileged norwood 1s and 2s are scumbags.

This is the only way besides not going out anymore.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point, but you encounter multiple insults daily, then it is draining, not to mention risky. If everytime someone has said something to me about my baldness/anything else and I retaliate, I have to be prepared to fight, thus placing my liberty at risk. Unfortunately, 99% of the time you just have to swallow.

I thought you said you are as big as Stone cold? Maybe you are a softy so they target you. At that size and appearance I doubt you would get multiple insults daily to your face.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
True, swingline said no one dared to make fun of him because of his stature.

You have to wonder if anything that billybob (seb) writes is meant to troll us.

Yes, exactly. I was hoping there was some truth in what he said.

I saw a very muscular bald ugly guy in london once with tattoos and biker clothes, he stood out from the crowd. Also he was gay and holding hands with a skinny metrosexual artistic looking guy. Everyone looked briefly at him but in fear. He knew it too I could tell.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Hence why I became a hat prisoner!
Do not want to be judged on losing my hair at only 23 years old

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Terrible idea, people will judge you even more. They know what's going on, you're hiding, you're ashamed.

Even if I was a completely bald person at 23 years old, I've never hidden myself. You should show your bald head to world and be like "Now what?!".

It's what I did when I was 20 years old and started shaving my head. I remember seeing fear and doubt in the eyes of some of my friends.

They were terrified because they all thought "damn that's ugly, what if it happened to me?" Yes what if it happened to them. They would probably kill themselves.

yea it sucks but im so damn insecure and have beeen super depressed for ages and just don't have the confidence to be rocking a shaved head without a hat
it sucks but i don't reall have a choice

Reaction score
I thought you said you are as big as Stone cold? Maybe you are a softy so they target you. At that size and appearance I doubt you would get multiple insults daily to your face.

Yes I do. The reason(s) I get daily crap is twofold. Facially, I look soft ie soft red cheeks, freckles, ginger, blonde eyebrows, small mouth, weak chin, blue eyes, and a round face. I have been told many times I have a baby face and don't look my age. Now, on the opposite scale, physically I am imposing ie 1.89m, 104k b/w, bikers goatee, sly.....thus because think I am adopting this "look" to make myself appear tougher. Because I so fair, when I shave sly, I don't have the horseshoe line, therefore many people think I choose to shave all my hair off. If I had hair, and thus stayed clean shaven, I would look easily in my 20s. Cant you see, its an awkward paradox the way I look, I don't suit it. My "size" is both my saving grace and my downfall.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be weird here in Belgium, no one wears a hat unless it's very sunny (like almost never).

People would wonder what is wrong with you.

Maybe one of the perks of living in the anglosphere, being a hat prisoner, no questions asked.

No one wears hats here either, very rare. Personally I'd keep it buzzed/shaved in tjat situation. With a hat you show insecurity and people think you are misleading them once it's off.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I do. The reason(s) I get daily crap is twofold. Facially, I look soft ie soft red cheeks, freckles, ginger, blonde eyebrows, small mouth, weak chin, blue eyes, and a round face. I have been told many times I have a baby face and don't look my age. Now, on the opposite scale, physically I am imposing ie 1.89m, 104k b/w, bikers goatee, sly.....thus because think I am adopting this "look" to make myself appear tougher. Because I so fair, when I shave sly, I don't have the horseshoe line, therefore many people think I choose to shave all my hair off. If I had hair, and thus stayed clean shaven, I would look easily in my 20s. Cant you see, its an awkward paradox the way I look, I don't suit it. My "size" is both my saving grace and my downfall.

I see what u mean. You would think though the body would make up for it. My features are masculine and look relatively 'streetwise' as many have said: ironically I'm a nice guy with lean muscle build and just average height. Probably the greek blood in me gives that defined look due to nose and chin. I still think that height and body should be enough for u to look intimidating.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea it sucks but im so damn insecure and have beeen super depressed for ages and just don't have the confidence to be rocking a shaved head without a hat
it sucks but i don't reall have a choice

what kind of hat do you wear?
I'm gonna start wearing hats now as well, dont think I can get through another 3-4 years of uni otherwise

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
It would be weird here in Belgium, no one wears a hat unless it's very sunny (like almost never).

People would wonder what is wrong with you.

Maybe one of the perks of living in the anglosphere, being a hat prisoner, no questions asked.
its warm to super hot where i'm from in australia (WA) - up to 40 degrees plus in summer, winter is usually 5-15 degrees and spring/autumn are 15-30 so theres no problems asked.. except you are right it shows insecurity for sure.. hence why i stopped going to some of my classes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna start wearing hats now as well, dont think I can get through another 3-4 years of uni otherwise

i wear quite a few hats.. i have the la and nyc baseball hats plus a chicago bulls hat, a junglist hat with the uk flag which looks sick and a few other ones..
dude
i stopped going to some of my classes cause i ****ing hate going to class every week wearing a ****ing hat
-_-
one of the huge negatives of being a hat prisoner

going back to the original poster, i have had negative jibes aout my hairloss especialyl when im out, i ALWAYS notice guys start playing with their hair (usually girls do this) when tehy see me with a hat and my shaved sides cause they assume i'm bald on top
not to mention i was at a club few weeks back and a girl took my hat off my head just to see if i was bald
sux man

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought you were older? If you're going back to uni that's commendable, what course?

Or was this trolling as usual.

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
I do mostly nightfill/dayfill for a supermarket (i'm 22 going back to uni).

Dayfill is where i get most sh1t from customers and other people who work with me. I have social anxiety already, and it just makes me hate having to do day shifts because i gotta deal with people. I can't say anything back to the customers but when I have responded to work colleagues is where i've learned how stupid people are about hairloss. They think you can just not lose your hair and change it. Like being fat, most people can just work out eat less lose the weight... save for people with medical conditions. despite everybody knowing hairloss is genetic they can't seem to fathom you can't do anything about it. am i supposed to school them on hairloss? explain DHT? that i tried the only fvcking drug that inhibits the hormone but my liver wouldn't allow it?

I'm short, kinda chubby and losing my hair. Of course I'm a target lol

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
I do mostly nightfill/dayfill for a supermarket (i'm 22 going back to uni).

Dayfill is where i get most sh1t from customers and other people who work with me. I have social anxiety already, and it just makes me hate having to do day shifts because i gotta deal with people. I can't say anything back to the customers but when I have responded to work colleagues is where i've learned how stupid people are about hairloss. They think you can just not lose your hair and change it. Like being fat, most people can just work out eat less lose the weight... save for people with medical conditions. despite everybody knowing hairloss is genetic they can't seem to fathom you can't do anything about it. am i supposed to school them on hairloss? explain DHT? that i tried the only fvcking drug that inhibits the hormone but my liver wouldn't allow it?

I'm short, kinda chubby and losing my hair. Of course I'm a target lol
you from perth