How Much Of Difference Does It Really Make?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
first guy buzz cut, with some hair left of top still

depositphotos_34324703-stock-photo-profile-portrait-of-man-isolated.jpg

second guy, zero hair on top, shaved to bone

1ea64ca753f0e5a611d2a1310657d46d.jpg

how the big is the difference looks wise?

i guess it all depends on your own level of hair loss

but to me, a nw4 guy headed to a nw7 eventually, it makes a huge difference

a few years ago, when i was only fighting temple loss, nw4 was the end of the world. nw4 was the same as nw7. all bald to me

now im here though, there is a huge a f*****g difference in my eyes. i dont EVER want to go slick bald. its look disgusting. everything about it. the shiny dome, the faint shadow left behind after a shave. its f*****g awful. even on a tanned white guy.

but a buzzcut, with a little hair left on top looks much better to me. a lot more aesthetically pleasing

its why ill never completely give up. my full head days are long gone now. thats fine. but i cannot accept going slick bald

what do you guys think? how much a difference is there with these guys?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea man "give up" cuz of COURSE its within your control whether you go bald or not hahaha

i mean slow the f****r down as best as i can. i have SOME control with that

i know the very unlucky ones like you stood no chance though and i feel very sorry for you guys

no man in their 20s or 30s should experience being slick bald.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah that NW6 is fairly good looking, the vast majority of men a slick dome just looks foul.
look at the wig videos i've posted on the other topic

as a norwood 6 he looks creepy like you wouldn't want him babysitting children
with the system on people are asking for his name.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
only because he is a beefy chad, not that he is more bald

guy 1 has more hair which itself looks better but the rest of his looks are inferior

i dont disagree that guy 2 is better looking, but i think guy 1 would also likely be more attractive to a good number of women with a shaved head than what hes sporting in that pic.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've noticed and what girls generally say - it's either you have full normal hair (in reality up to thick Norwood 2.5 and hairline centre is in right position) or you're bald. Literally that's it. Excluding teens and early 20s where you need to be Norwood 2 or below with perfect density, but this doesn't apply to you.

But as for what looks better in your examples, it's on a case by case basis. Race/how much hair is in the buzz/skin tone/face shape/neck/body e.t.c. I know one thing, keeping piss poor hair fools no one and generally looks insecure in the eyes of women. But if you buzz it right down, it's tidier. Often a guy slick or buzzed right down with or without balding, looks no different aesthetically. If they were handsome before, they still are, same for average and below. It's just he may feel a lot better mentally with some hair. So bear in mind, what makes you happy and brings you more inner peace. I don't think you look like a pale egghead with a poor face, so no worries either way.

In your case, I'd maintain a buzz anyway.
I agree with this. Either you have good hair or it is pointless to have hair that is not buzzed. Not that I think it: I don’t care, but people seem to always want to tell me that, so now I believe it.

Only thing is that - as always - I would like to point out that buzzing it or shaving does not mean “owning it”. On the contrary, it means to me “owning the hate the bald get”

The result is the same, but the philosophy behind it is different.

blackg

Reaction score

View attachment 88977

View attachment 88978

a few years ago, when i was only fighting temple loss, nw4 was the end of the world. nw4 was the same as nw7. all bald to me

now im here though, there is a huge a f*****g difference in my eyes. i dont EVER want to go slick bald. its look disgusting. everything about it. the shiny dome, the faint shadow left behind after a shave. its f*****g awful. even on a tanned white guy.

but a buzzcut, with a little hair left on top looks much better to me. a lot more aesthetically pleasing

its why ill never completely give up. my full head days are long gone now. thats fine. but i cannot accept going slick bald

Huge difference for me. First guy looks stylish and somewhat healthy. The second guy is bordering on looking like a cancer patient.

It would also help if we could see these two men from front on so keep looking for more photos of these two.

blackg

Reaction score
Only thing is that - as always - I would like to point out that buzzing it or shaving does not mean “owning it”. On the contrary, it means to me “owning the hate the bald get."
Can you expand on this?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you expand on this?
I know it was a bit obscure.
What I mean is that we buzz it because many people will tell us we look better with buzzed hair rather than with thin hair.
This means we bow to other people’s tastes.
Which is ok. What I do not understand is how this would be “Manning up” or “owning it”. To me, shaving it is a defeat to the norm, not a brave act.

blackg

Reaction score
I know it was a bit obscure.
What I mean is that we buzz it because many people will tell us we look better with buzzed hair rather than with thin hair.
This means we bow to other people’s tastes.
Which is ok. What I do not understand is how this would be “Manning up” or “owning it”. To me, shaving it is a defeat to the norm, not a brave act.
Oh, okay. I guess it could also be described as "giving in."

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From what I've noticed and what girls generally say - it's either you have full normal hair (in reality up to thick Norwood 2.5 and hairline centre is in right position) or you're bald. Literally that's it. Excluding teens and early 20s where you need to be Norwood 2 or below with perfect density, but this doesn't apply to you.

yeah you know what i seem to see when it comes to people with full heads, they see "full head" and "bald", and everyone who is say NW3 - NW4 has just gotten a terrible haircut, as if it is their choice to look like that.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah you know what i seem to see when it comes to people with full heads, they see "full head" and "bald", and everyone who is say NW3 - NW4 has just gotten a terrible haircut, as if it is their choice to look like that.

This made me laugh.
It is incredible... the lengths people will go to convince themselves that they are not “unjustly” (is it unjust?) judging other people based on their appearance. They prefer to think other people called baldness on themselves...

Now I remember something literally similar to this happened to me when I was 20.

I remember a college friend, a girl, who asked me why on earth did I cut my hair, and I shouldn’t have. The actual problem was that the new haircut just showed more thinning (I had hoped it hadn’t, but that’s the fate of the bald person: never knowing how your look-related decisions will affect the perception of baldness).
So, my reply: “...it will grow back” (it did not)

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 88977

View attachment 88978

I am gay and if that slick bald head guy wanted to date me I wouldn't give it a second thought, he looks hot. When I look at a guy the first thing that does NOT come to mind is, wow his hair is hot. I am sure most women would agree.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, okay. I guess it could also be described as "giving in."
Exactly.
every time someone comments “own that sh*t”, I hear “surrender to that sh*t”. I guess I find it more humane.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
only because he is a beefy chad, not that he is more bald

guy 1 has more hair which itself looks better but the rest of his looks are inferior

A fullhead nerdy loser, will always and always and always fail to a bald 6 times a week benchpressing bald Chad. Always.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My best 2 mates are both bald Norwood 6-7s both shave to the bone. I love going to the pub with them because i seem like the hairy one! We are all either married or in long term relationships so in the end it doesn't matter too much.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My best 2 mates are both bald Norwood 6-7s both shave to the bone. I love going to the pub with them because i seem like the hairy one! We are all either married or in long term relationships so in the end it doesn't matter too much.

I never understood that. Why doesn't it matter to look good while in a relationship?