How Much Minoxidil Goes Systemic With 1.25 Mg Oral minoxidil? Really Important !

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/oral-minoxidil-top-10

I have read this article about oral minoxidil and it says that with with 5 mg oral minoxidil the concentration in the blood is 156 ng/ml , and with 2.5 it is 28 ng/ml. So half the dosage reduce the concentraion by 5.

So we can guess that 1.25 mg will have a serum concentration under 5 ng/ml. Which is almost the same as topical minoxidil 5 %

So having better hair result and the same amount of side effect? please someone can help me? thanks

I really need to have this damn answer. because if i could take a simple pill instead of this fkcing topical mess that would be a rebirth for me!

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on the scalp thickness also, from person to person but considering most people now a days are poring it on their heads after dermarolling immediately, they could just use the pill and that's that, why even hustle poring it if it goes the same way systemic, i don't understand it but whatever... If you do it without dermarolling i think there is a difference in systemic absorption compared to the oral version that's for sure but as i said, it depends on every individual..

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look for the study "Evaluation of oral minoxidil in alopecia areta" they notice that after taking 5 mg of minoxiidl, blood level is 64 ng/ml after an hour for minoxidil so much smaller number.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you send me the link to the full study.
So you think that with 1.25 mg of oral minoxidil there would be less sides thant with 4 ml of opical minoxidil 5% daily? thx

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you consider yourself a good minoxidil responder? I used 1,5 ml of 5%(for over a year with dermaroller and no improvment) and 2 mg of oral is better for than topical, probably because my response to topical minoxidil was non-existing.

Attachments

• evaluation of oral minoxidil in alopecia areta.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 241

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 ml minoxidil = 50 mg
if you use 2x a day
100 mg of minoxidil glued to the head

what is the ratio of 100mg used topically and 1mg orally, for example?

is there a relationship, if you were successful with topical use, do you become a better candidate for oral use?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you consider yourself a good minoxidil responder? I used 1,5 ml of 5%(for over a year with dermaroller and no improvment) and 2 mg of oral is better for than topical, probably because my response to topical minoxidil was non-existing.

I am a total non responder , i use more than 4 ml daily for 5 years with no result and a lot of side effect. I will have less side effect if i take 1.25 mg oral minoxidil? no water retention/ hypertrichosis/ dark circle,etc

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score

you switched cold turkey fro topical to oral? no huge shedding?

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you switched cold turkey fro topical to oral? no huge shedding?
No shedding and after I stopped using topical I have a break from using minoxidil for 2-3 months and after that I started oral.

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
No shedding and after I stopped using topical I have a break from using minoxidil for 2-3 months and after that I started oral.

any relationship between weaning from topical minoxidil and starting oral minoxidil?

something to decrease the chance of shedding?

or so that the hair does not feel a shock?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a total non responder , i use more than 4 ml daily for 5 years with no result and a lot of side effect. I will have less side effect if i take 1.25 mg oral minoxidil? no water retention/ hypertrichosis/ dark circle,etc

If you had a lot of sides effects, it means that the minoxidil is systematically absorbed

So imho, oral minoxidil will not work for you

It doesn't work for me, and I take 10 mg per day

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had a lot of sides effects, it means that the minoxidil is systematically absorbed

So imho, oral minoxidil will not work for you

It doesn't work for me, and I take 10 mg per day

so if the minoxidil becomes systemic, that might mean it shoudl work right? this is how minoxidil work , by becoming systemic to a certain extent.
Do you think it will become more systemic with 1.25 mg oral?
i already get huge hypertrichosis/ water retention / etc..

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so if the minoxidil becomes systemic, that might mean it shoudl work right? this is how minoxidil work , by becoming systemic to a certain extent.
Do you think it will become more systemic with 1.25 mg oral?
i already get huge hypertrichosis/ water retention / etc..

J'ai vu que tu étais français, moi aussi

A mon avis, tu absorbes plus de minoxidil avec 4 ml par jours qu'avec 1.25mg de Minoxidil oral

Je ne pense pas que le minoxidil oral marchera pour toi

Tu as déjà pensé aux compléments capillaires ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
toi tu prends du minoxdil oral? donc tu penses que avec 1.25 mg d'oral j'aurais moins d' ES ? moins de cernes/ poils / et? et plus de résultats niveau cheveux? tu l 'achètes en ligne ( moi c'est un fameux dr belge qui me l'a prescrit)
Si le minoxidil oral a cette dose est plus safe et plus efficiace, je switch direct! j'en peux plus de ce putain de minoxidil topique.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
toi tu prends du minoxdil oral? donc tu penses que avec 1.25 mg d'oral j'aurais moins d' ES ? moins de cernes/ poils / et? et plus de résultats niveau cheveux? tu l 'achètes en ligne ( moi c'est un fameux dr belge qui me l'a prescrit)
Si le minoxidil oral a cette dose est plus safe et plus efficiace, je switch direct! j'en peux plus de ce putain de minoxidil topique.

Oui tu auras sûrement moins d' es avec 1.25mg parce qu'avec 4ml tu dois avoir au moins 5mg qui passe dans le sang

Cest mon avis, mais je pense que tu n'auras pas de meilleurs résultats avec le minoxidil oral à 1.25mg. A la limite 10mg peut-être, et encore..

Je suis à 10mg depuis 6 mois et je continue à perdre mes cheveux à une vitesse colossale, je perds sur tous les cuir chevelu. Je pense avoir dupa ou rétrograde

Alldaychemist pour la source

Tu as pensé aux compléments capillaires ?

lawyeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oui tu auras sûrement moins d' es avec 1.25mg parce qu'avec 4ml tu dois avoir au moins 5mg qui passe dans le sang

Cest mon avis, mais je pense que tu n'auras pas de meilleurs résultats avec le minoxidil oral à 1.25mg. A la limite 10mg peut-être, et encore..

Je suis à 10mg depuis 6 mois et je continue à perdre mes cheveux à une vitesse colossale, je perds sur tous les cuir chevelu. Je pense avoir dupa ou rétrograde

Alldaychemist pour la source

Tu as pensé aux compléments capillaires ?
je prends 2.5 mg oral minoxidil ( noxidil ) depuis 2 mois et j'ai des sacrés cernes , par contre niveau cardiaque rien à signaler.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
je prends 2.5 mg oral minoxidil ( noxidil ) depuis 2 mois et j'ai des sacrés cernes , par contre niveau cardiaque rien à signaler.
Des résultats au niveau des tiffs ?

Perso comme effets secondaires j'ai juste plus de poils qu'avant et des cils super longs , mais cest tout

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
tu as juste des poils indésirables comme ES . Moi ca fais chier j'ai une hypertrichose de malade/ cernes bleutées très étrange ( personne n'a ça dans ma famille et j'avais rien avant ), et paupière gonflées comme si je faisais de la rétention d'eau
Les compléments capillaires je pourrais pas.
Ce qui me faisait penser que le topique c'était plus safe, c'était cette étude ;https://donovanmedical.com/hair-blog/oral-minoxidil-top-10
Sur le graphe il indique la concentration dans le serum et avec 5 mg il y a 150 , et 2.5 il y a 28 ; chaque division par deux de la dose divise par 5, donc peut etre avec 1.25 mg il y a un peu moins de 5.
De plus avec le topique cela stagne a inférieur a 2.
Mais c'est clair que si jétais sur de ca je prendrais directement de l'oral. J'ai trop de pellicules, et autres . Du coup je sais pas comment faire la transition, est ce que je peux directement passer comme ca du topique a l'oral, j'ai peur de me taper un putain de shedding

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would oral minoxidil be an effective alternative to topical minoxidil itself?

just search here on the forum and you will see few cases of people happy with oral minoxidil

most give up due to side effects, but they also do not report that they obtained good results on their hair.

are there reports or photos of people who used the topic and are now in the oral?

is anyone happy with oral minoxidil?