How much is normal?

Carrie H

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how much hair is normal to lose if you have long hair? I lose about 50 or so a day and if I wash it that goes up to about 100 or a few more. It is really upsetting to me. Also if my medication for pain is the culprit what can I do? I need to take the meds so I feel stuck. Can the rogaine help for this type of situation?
thanks
Carrie

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Normal varies, it seems. Different people, different ages, different hormone levels, etc.

It seems the question is, if your hair is starting to shed like crazy, do you want to wait and see what happens, and then it's even thinner? My hair began to shed like crazy :freaked: and I was so freaked I just looked at my comb every day and freaked some more. It was three months and tons of hair gone when I read HairLossTalk.com and got a little proactive (God, I hate that word). I now use Folligen daily, and Nizoral shampoo as needed for my scalp, which itches LIKE MAD from time to time. The shed has slowed way down to where sometimes my comb has no hair after I wash my hair. (You don't mention whether you have any problems with your scalp, ie itching, redness, crustiness?)

I'd check out the research on this site and consider whether or not you want to start Rogaiine, Tricomin or whatever. Check out the product reviews. Get some blood work done to see what may be out of sync.

"Keep the hair you've got!!" :)

Good luck.