How Much Hair Do You Lose Through A Day?

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone!Ive been using minoxidil 5% for about 3 1/2 months and started finasteride 3 days ago.My shed went down from 180 hairs to 20-30 hairs a day.I just wanted to know,how much hair do other people lose(who use minoxidil and finasteride).

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you count them ?

Shower,on the pillow and when i comb my hair.I used to lose hair like crazy when i would go trought it but now i dont lose any.I dont find hair on my desk anymore either.

HairlineOfGod

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I'm washing my hair, I'm on propecia since 5 months, I'm loosing around 20 hairs. 5 months ago it was more like 80-100. i'm washing my hair once a week.

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I'm washing my hair, I'm on propecia since 5 months, I'm loosing around 20 hairs. 5 months ago it was more like 80-100. i'm washing my hair once a week.

Well lucky you...there is no way i could wash my hair only once a week,i mean if it was really short but even if i wouldnt use minoxidil my hair would be sh*t after 2nd day.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently I lose probably about 150 hairs a day. At my worst it was around 250. At my best about 50... I miss those days.
Used to lose almost no hair in shower, now I noticeably lose about 20 - 25 but the actual number is somewhere around 50 I think.

HairlineOfGod

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the beginning it was impossible to don't wash them every day. Then I began to wash them , every other day, once in three days.... You should try, your hair look stronger after that.

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before starting propecia i used to loose around 300 hairs per shower, now 20-30

deadhairfollicle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around 150/day.
Just curious, minoxidil decreased your hairloss so much in only 3months? That's insane

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Around 150/day.
Just curious, minoxidil decreased your hairloss so much in only 3months? That's insane

I dont know either,could be because i had dermatitis but i am not sure,because even before i got dermatis my hairs would come out easily if i tried to run my fingers through my hair and now i only seem to lose hair in the shower.I remmember even losing more than 350 hairs a day,i had greasy flakes on my scalp that were thick,and if i tried to remove them a whole stand of hair would come off...it was just insane.I just started finasteride and dermarolling in a hope that I can maybe regrow even more and save all that i have.I dont think that my hairloss wasnt male pattern baldness because my dad also started balding around my age,and my older brother is also balding.But other than that no one in my family is bald.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Kruno How did you get rid of your dermatitis?

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Kruno How did you get rid of your dermatitis?

I went trought a living hell with it...Trust me dont try any other shampoo than nizoral and
use that small plastic comb to remove those flakes from your scalp,if they are not coming off leave nizoral in your hair twice.My flakes were so bad that i had to use a toothpick to remove it from scalp because they were thicker than a nail.All those gels and shampoos that will “cure” your dermatitis will only make things worse dont even try them.

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lost about 20 to 30 hairs per shower and then up to 70 or 80 hairs per shower when I first started Minoxidil. Now back to 20 to 30 hairs.

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Kruno !! F#cking hate dermatitis almost as much as male pattern baldness..... Whenever i cut my hair my barber takes more of that stuff than hair itself... like wtf!! I never had that bs before starting minoxidil and fina... Now I've been trying to treat it for like 3 months and it's still there! (Not as bad though) But i had thick layers of SD too... I bet it's also making me lose more hair on top of male pattern baldness... just my luck!! This really pisses me off man... I've been using Nizoral but it makes me shed a lot if I use it too often so I have 3 SD shampoos and rotate them ... I think it's helping but it's a been a snail process...

Kruno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Kruno !! F#cking hate dermatitis almost as much as male pattern baldness..... Whenever i cut my hair my barber takes more of that stuff than hair itself... like wtf!! I never had that bs before starting minoxidil and fina... Now I've been trying to treat it for like 3 months and it's still there! (Not as bad though) But i had thick layers of SD too... I bet it's also making me lose more hair on top of male pattern baldness... just my luck!! This really pisses me off man... I've been using Nizoral but it makes me shed a lot if I use it too often so I have 3 SD shampoos and rotate them ... I think it's helping but it's a been a snail process...

I also has those shampoos,i think it was Kelual DS.But the problem is that it doesnt remove dermatitis it only removes some flakes and they come back again...That was my case.Nizoral also gave me a slight shed but as soon as i got rid of SD shed dropped from 180 hairs to 70 hairs,and when minoxidil started working shed even dropped to 20-30 hairs.

Diaboli

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lost about 20 to 30 hairs per shower and then up to 70 or 80 hairs per shower when I first started Minoxidil. Now back to 20 to 30 hairs.
Hey bud could I have some advice? I wasn't losing all that much before minoxidil, although I never really paid attention. Now after a month of minoxidil, starting about a week ago I'm losing around the same as you described. How long did the shed last and did it bring on positive results? I'm terrified that i am not a responder to minoxidil, but at the same time I'm trying to convince myself that the shed means that I am. I can see little dark hairs scattered all over my hairline. They are only a mm or so, but they already look dark and thick. Definitely not your average vellus hair. Hopefully they are popping up all over my head

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey sorry i didnt see your message earlier. The shed duration varies across people and maybe also the stage of balding but i think mine lasted about a month or so before it died down. But sometimes i still experience higher shedding like 30 to 40 hairs during shower. I count it by purposely brushing lightly my hand across my scalp. For me, i am having a mature hairline which most users here probably wouldnt classify it as even balding. But i noticed my temples receding sidewards so i started treatment. Helped in thickening the vellus hair at the temple regions, i started minoxidil and stemoxydine since last November, with 1.5mm derma stamp at the frontal region once a week. I just added castor oil recently too, hoping to see improvements in the shedding