how much Finas can i take?

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it dangerous to take 5mg Finasteride for about 4-5 weeks?

thanks

bubka

Reaction score
no, not at all, if i recall they did studies updwards of 100mg, but after 1mg, you are not blocking anymore dht than with 5mg and up, no point

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I agree with bubka, the increase in dht blockage at that amount is negligable compared to 1mg. Why would you only be taking that amount for 4-5 weeks though?

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys.
Reason is because I want to frontload it aty a high dose, so it kicks in my system quicker. Then i would taper down to 2mg ED

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't go much over the 1Mg per day..it will not block more DHT relative and sides could increase even more which would be bad as sides are the biggest problem. You won't ramp up things any quicker, it starts blocking DHT from the moment you start on the standard dose. I've had to drop mine to 0.5mg for some days to limit the sides.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks Nick for your advice. Do you ever take time off from the stuff. If so what are the precautions?

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with the guys, I started with 1mg for 2 months and now am using .5mg daily and my hair is still coming in. No need to use 5mg unless you have prostate problems.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sl

I would not take time off as it does not take many days for it to leave your system and then you could interupt the whole process of DHT inhibition and could lose any benefits that were coming.

It is better to reduce amount taken at times I have found if sides do turn out to be a problem, sides are not a problem for everyone although seem quite prevalent in this forum.

Some take as low at 0.25 mg and still good benefits although not as good as up to the 1mg. So keep at 1mg if you can and if sides then look to reduce a bit if you have to. Just ensure you take some every day to keep it in your system.

Hope that helps.

sl

Established Member
Reaction score
Nick that Helped Alot mate. thanks for the time to respond to my thread.

G

bubka said:
no, not at all, if i recall they did studies updwards of 100mg, but after 1mg, you are not blocking anymore dht than with 5mg and up, no point

i thought 1 mg inhibited ~85% of type 2 and 5 mg inhibited 90%, but maybe i'm wrong.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
sl said:
Is it dangerous to take 5mg Finasteride for about 4-5 weeks?

Human volunteers in early testing of finasteride took 80 mg (!) every day for a few months, with no harmful effects. Does that answer your question? :wink:

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
bubka said:

i thought 1 mg inhibited ~85% of type 2 and 5 mg inhibited 90%, but maybe i'm wrong.

OF COURSE 5 mg reduces DHT slightly more than 1 mg.

Bryan

G

Bryan said:
JayMan said:
bubka said:

OF COURSE 5 mg reduces DHT slightly more than 1 mg.

Bryan

no i knew it did bryan, i was just wondering what the exact figures were. are mine close to correct?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's probably not too far off the mark.

Hey, wouldn't it be really cool to have a computer program just like Gisleskog et al used (based on their equations to calculate DHT levels) to plot those graphs that I've been posting for years?? :wink: With that, we could plug-in our OWN values for finasteride or dutasteride intake, and make our own custom graphs of DHT reduction! We could plot graphs for 1 mg/day, 0.5 mg/day, 0.25 mg/day, etc.

Bryan

bubka

Reaction score
yeah i know a higher dosage will block more, but it is a logarithmic type scale, where there is a "sweet spot" type ratio that upping the dosage is not worth it, especially economically

whats what i was getting at, i am sure you guys followed though

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Just don't Overdose on Propecia. You may start having a LITTLE limp like I have. I now have to use a BIG Cane to overcompensate for my LITTLE problem. :roll:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Just don't Overdose on Propecia. You may start having a LITTLE limp like I have. I now have to use a BIG Cane to overcompensate for my LITTLE problem. :roll:

Hard to say what an "overdose" is, though. I personally would probably draw the line at about 20 mg/day of finasteride.

Bryan

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
DoctorHouse said:

Hard to say what an "overdose" is, though. I personally would probably draw the line at about 20 mg/day of finasteride.

Bryan

Psssssst. Hey budy, I think he was joking, lol!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks WorldofWarcraft for understanding me so well. So many people just dont understand me :cry: