Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 9.42.39 AM.png
Just got a response from Dr. Demirsoy's office. What do you guys think?
Looks like the surgery would be $5682.49 US Dollars and that would include filling in the current hairline/all over, but not lowering it at all?

Last edited:

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to Turkey. See Dr Demirsoy or Dr Erdagan is my advice
I'm about to book my flight to do the surgery on February 12th. Check out the email w the details Dr. Demirsoy's office sent over in the post above. Was hoping to get your thoughts before making the actual purchase.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about to book my flight to do the surgery on February 12th. Check out the email w the details Dr. Demirsoy's office sent over in the post above. Was hoping to get your thoughts before making the actual purchase.

Yeah pal, looks good go for it! If I go for a second transplant it will be with Demirsoy

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
good luck my dude...keep us posted
I definitely will. I'll be posting photos at every stage of the experience.
Here's my cost breakdown so far. Note that the cost of the plane ticket more than doubled if I tried to return on a week day, so even though I have the added Air B & B charge of $150 that isn't directly related to the surgery, I consider it a necessary part of the overall cost for anyone looking to budget something like this out.
Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 5.40.46 PM.png

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got my pre-surgery instructions. Anyone know why I'm supposed to stop Rogaine and Finasteride?
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 2.07.34 PM.png

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Minoxidil has blood thinning properties being a vasodilator, but it doesn't sense to stop Finasteride .. In fact i would have thought it's beneficial to continue with it.

Last edited:

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update that I leave for Turkey tomorrow! Sort of excited. Will post photos and a detailed description of the experience as it happens

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I wish you luck man, but the mantra of it's too good to be true, it usually is, may apply for this as well.

Don't get pressured into going ahead with the procedure unless you feel 100% sure it is the right decision. Money can be made again. Wasted grafts, botched procedures, those are permanent outcomes. Why would these turkish clinics charge so much less than their western counterparts? Are they incapable of doing a simple google search to see they could be charging x2 more than they do, and still significantly undercut western prices?

My fear is that they prey on vulnerable and desperate patients, eager to solve their problems at an enticing price. Make sure before you go forward that your eyes are wide open the whole time, and at any point up until the procedure starts or before you sign anything, you know exactly what you are getting yourself into.

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Welp... I went ahead and did it! I ended up with 4,326 grafts total. Dr. Demirsoy said the surgery went well and that if I needed to ever do the procedure again in the future that I have plenty of donor area available (obviously I don't plan to at this time, but a lot of people warned against Turkey saying that they might ruin all your donor hairs, so it's good to know that did not happen.

I just woke up the morning after surgery. I feel pretty good.

I'm going to start a new thread/post about this just to keep the results in their own space. I will provide the link as soon as I make the post.

Olic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! I am very curious about the price breakdown. I saw a lot of offers for 4000 grafts at 2000 EUR. It's like 3 times less that your cost. What do you think about this kind of offers? Should I expect only the technicians to do the job, right?