How Many People Use Toppik?

Rios39

Reaction score
Or some kind of cover up. I walk around and I typically see people that have hair just a bit thicker then I do. I'm using Rogaine and Proactive and that maintains my hair. But I don't have the body overall and my hairs just naturally thin as it is so I'd like to add Toppik or something to make the scalp less visible. My head doesn't really have a bald patch, it's just kind of fine overall.

Also I'm not going to bother if it's obvious I'm using it OR it comes off in the water. But I've been reading it will only come off in some kind of shampoo. Also give me some reviews on it guys. Also how does it work for styling, ect.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its good stuff, try it just remember to only use a small amount.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let's just say that without toppik, my head would have to be shaved right now.

(WHICH IS IN NO WAY EVER GOING TO BE AN OPTION FOR ME)

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel like it just takes to much to look good and cost too much. I might try it again but i spent 10 dollars and only got a week and a half out of it.

s.a.f

Reaction score
but What about Today said:
I feel like it just takes to much to look good and cost too much. I might try it again but i spent 10 dollars and only got a week and a half out of it.

You must've been using too much, I make a jar last a couple of months and I'd bet I've got less hair than you. Whats $10 if it makes you look and feel better? And it only takes 30 secs to apply. What do you want - miracles? :dunno:

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
toppik is awesome

i have slight thinning in crown and temples and toppik makes it look like my hair is as thick as carpet... Makes you feel way better about your situation...

I have been in the rain with it and it hasnt come out, i feel it come out only when i shampoo it.

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="but What about Today":3qbf9l83]I feel like it just takes to much to look good and cost too much. I might try it again but i spent 10 dollars and only got a week and a half out of it.

You must've been using too much, I make a jar last a couple of months and I'd bet I've got less hair than you. Whats $10 if it makes you look and feel better? And it only takes 30 secs to apply. What do you want - miracles? :dunno:[/quote:3qbf9l83]

I knew someone would say that, yes I would love a miracle but uhmm idk, I purchase two samples size toppiks and I never even finished them. It seemed like it would run out very fast. What size do you purchase? Ima give it a go again.

Rios39

Reaction score
I might look into getting Hair Cubed. More expensive but Organic and it lasts 3-6 months. Plus The spray on might be easier.

Whatever I end up getting. I have Brownish hair, middle brown I'd say. Would it be wise to go a little lighter then my natural color or try to hit it dead on?

Thanks for the help.

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
They say lighter hair tends to blind in with the scalp so it could be easier to cover up bald spots. idk do what ya feel but I feel you should get a color that matches

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
If you hair is just thinning and you don't have a bald spot, you might consider a spray on like prothik. It's less expensive than haircubed but stays on pretty well.

s.a.f

Reaction score
but What about Today said:
I knew someone would say that, yes I would love a miracle but uhmm idk, I purchase two samples size toppiks and I never even finished them. It seemed like it would run out very fast. What size do you purchase? Ima give it a go again.

I dont use Toppik, I use Nanogen but its all the same stuff. I just get the 12.5g jars. You dont have to wash it out every day you can easily leave it in 2/3 even 4 days.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Rios39 said:
OR it comes off in the water.

If you are talking about swimming then forget about Toppik. But I have been out riding my bike in the rain and it didn't come out.
Course, I also use Got2BeGlued hairspray. That stuff holds anything on there.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik definitely works, but I think I'd only use it on certain occasions. Maybe job interviews, or just when I feel like having hair. I really like the low-maintenance of a buzzcut.

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I'd reccomend fibres over any spray.

I have tried sprays and for me they are messier and don't give the same end result, I can always tell in the mirror especially with a bright light that I've used it.

Using a SMALL amount of Toppik or Nanogen (preferably Nanogen if you ask me) gives a result that you can't detect or worry about.

What about today, you ordered 2 trial sizes and never finished them but are claiming they run out fast:
a) how did you know they will run out if you haven't finished them?
b) they are probably a Trial size for a couple of days, the full sized ones should be bigger and last longer.

Waterproof sprays in my experience DO stay on, but look different after they have been wet, something in the finish changes and it becomes more obvious that there is something coating your hair.

I have had a little rant about haircubed a minute ago, which I won't do again I promise, however I will question why its $80 a can when the main advantage of a spray is that is should be chaeper? And also it isn't possible to make an aerosol polymer Organic, at all, you have to use other chemicals that just cannot be organic.