How many people on the street can tell?

irishguy1989

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m still in the phase of getting used to having a hair system and hair on my head so perhaps i’m hyper aware to it but in public I do find I’m getting more second glances and looks now and it makes me wonder is it because people can see that my hair is not real?

If a hair system (and the color) is done relatively well do you think the normal joe soaps on the street would know?

There comes a point where I shouldn’t care but I do think part of wearing hair is because we do care about what others think and always seek to make it look as natural as possible.

RedEyeNinja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if the colour match is totally off or the density is way too much,that's the only dead giveaway it's a hair piece.
Or an exposed hairline with visible poly or lace.

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry matey, people are not thinking about us as much as we think they are.

By this I mean, if i go out and im feeling self conscious about something (a new hair cut, revealing clothes, or a bright orange tuxedo lol), no matter what it is I will be hyper aware of the glances of others and so notice it more. I'll therefore be convinced they are all staring and judging me, but trust. no one cares. Really, they don't. All that is happening is that those people are convinced you are staring at them and judging them for whatever reason they are currently paranoid about lol.

So dinna worry :)

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
No one has noticed it mate - you're all good.

I've been conducting experiments on the tube recently. I figured if I saw someone who I thought might be wearing a system, I would probably (against my better judgement) be taking sneaky glances whenever they weren't looking. So when I sit down on the tube, facing a row of people, I read a book, but quickly glance up to see if anyone is looking at me. No one ever is. I've done this multiple times, so if it were at all obvious, I would have, by now, seen at least one person staring.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m still in the phase of getting used to having a hair system and hair on my head so perhaps i’m hyper aware to it but in public I do find I’m getting more second glances and looks now and it makes me wonder is it because people can see that my hair is not real?

If a hair system (and the color) is done relatively well do you think the normal joe soaps on the street would know?

There comes a point where I shouldn’t care but I do think part of wearing hair is because we do care about what others think and always seek to make it look as natural as possible.
This can be a hurtful topic. I considered this route and so, I have mostly praise for guys able to do this but when I was growing up, wigs and pieces seemed to be largely equal in terms of preparation cleaning except pieces struggled to remain invisible if not kept minutiously up to date in terms of cleaning, hair cuts, dye color, etc. Many guys took them off at home so it's a bit different. Systems offer a sort of permanent solution that appears to be very high maintenance and somewhat costly. In my opinion as both Will and Janey, guys struggle to not overdo it in terms of density and in terms of how low their hair lines are made. Wigs seem much less limited in terms of styling except when compared to very long systems like many rock stars appear to wear. The hair systems seem not to move or accept brushing as well as wigs. Nor do most females/MtF's particularly hide the fact that they wear them. Many middle-age women do have crummy hair and that might be different. But many MtF's and perhaps those with African hair, use wigs to wear styles that their own hair is not apt for in terms of length especially.

I support you all but I also should provide honest feedback via my own experiences and thoughts related to male styling and I think most guys look best doing an executive type look in dress, grooming and hair.

Goddess bless,
Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't worry matey, people are not thinking about us as much as we think they are.

By this I mean, if i go out and im feeling self conscious about something (a new hair cut, revealing clothes, or a bright orange tuxedo lol), no matter what it is I will be hyper aware of the glances of others and so notice it more. I'll therefore be convinced they are all staring and judging me, but trust. no one cares. Really, they don't. All that is happening is that those people are convinced you are staring at them and judging them for whatever reason they are currently paranoid about lol.

They did studies with door to door salesmen in the 50's and sales went up greatly when all bald salesmen began wearing toupees as part of company policy. The looks effects, if well chosen and well done especially will overwhelm any negatives except that I and maybe some of you, might feel "guilty" for not outing ourselves. Janey always does this since her own hair improved.

As they say, the good transplants/pieces are the ones you don't notice anything different about. Anyone past a certain age with "perfect hair" like Ted Koppel is likely perhaps to out themselves. Some of us might feel safer going without after marriage or after reaching a certain decade in age. I also note that I often do satire about all XY methods and insecurities and also humorous aspects that we all either fear or agree that are hilarious in say a movie that is a comedy but are a desperate scenario in real life like being walked in on, not naked but with our hair down which is far worse, I would say.

Regards,
Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Absolutely! Even in a small town, my being MtF is just a detail once people know. People largely care about themselves and what affects them so even a woman with an accident of red in a white skirt might feel mortified and I saw this a couple of times in high school but eh, who cares? We all have bodily functions except for Janey<winks>

irishguy1989

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all really appreciate the comments. I think i underestimated the mental jump from having no hair for a good few years to suddenly having a full head of hair!

@deg_dilemma - i posted the photos on my previous thread i think. You should be able to see there :)

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks all really appreciate the comments. I think i underestimated the mental jump from having no hair for a good few hours to suddenly having a full head of hair!

@deg_dilemma - i posted the photos on my previous thread i think. You should be able to see there :)
We Irish folks have to stick together. Our hair genes can be quite iffy but we do usually have lots and lots of siblings and uncles to compare ourself to. Robert Duval is our blond, bald Mick/Kraut ideal but eh, he's pretty fantastic in Coppola movies regardless. Where did he go during GHIII?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been doing this quite a while and can honestly say I don't feel like anyone really looks at me like something is off or looking at my hair. Honestly, I don't think people give a sh*t to even analyze it.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My experience: I wore for 6 months and my own parents could not tell. I know this because I told them and they were floored.
I told my brother, who I lived with at the time, he also had no idea.
I just told my sister, who I now live with, she had no clue and she even HELPED ME CUT MY HAIR.

I go for realism over everything, keep a conservative cut (I don't go for trendy cuts like a pomp that draw attention to your hair (fake or not), low density (anything over 90% density as a white guy looks awful imo), semi-exposed hairline.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This can be a hurtful topic. I considered this route and so, I have mostly praise for guys able to do this but when I was growing up, wigs and pieces seemed to be largely equal in terms of preparation cleaning except pieces struggled to remain invisible if not kept minutiously up to date in terms of cleaning, hair cuts, dye color, etc. Many guys took them off at home so it's a bit different. Systems offer a sort of permanent solution that appears to be very high maintenance and somewhat costly. In my opinion as both Will and Janey, guys struggle to not overdo it in terms of density and in terms of how low their hair lines are made. Wigs seem much less limited in terms of styling except when compared to very long systems like many rock stars appear to wear. The hair systems seem not to move or accept brushing as well as wigs. Nor do most females/MtF's particularly hide the fact that they wear them. Many middle-age women do have crummy hair and that might be different. But many MtF's and perhaps those with African hair, use wigs to wear styles that their own hair is not apt for in terms of length especially.

I support you all but I also should provide honest feedback via my own experiences and thoughts related to male styling and I think most guys look best doing an executive type look in dress, grooming and hair.

Goddess bless,
Janey
Can you quit talking about things you have no clue about? Hair systems are indefinitely more style-able than a wig. You have zero experience, quit giving your unsolicited opinion on every post.