How many people here grew any hair while on Avodart

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi the effects on this drugs go away with time I'm sure about this.
You have probably a telogen effluvium because you don't tolerate this drug but be patients and your hair came back. Don't worry because this drug not have a permanets effects. Stop alla DHT blockers!!!!!!!
Proviron (DHT) may help you to reset your system. See a doctor

T

Timi

dutasteride is sh*t

Thats all

when i take a dutasteride my Head is 5-6Days itching Like crazy
and Hairloss without end

i have than take 2x1mg finasteride and Foam 3x so i cant stop the itsching

dutasteride makes Scalp Testo 104% higher more Testo more free DHT

i had good Hair with finasteride and works good
I could myself in the butt bite

Timi

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain but I think that's all i reversible. Stop all and see what happens...
You shouldn't take finasteride because probabily your DHT level is too low...

T

Timi

Andrea said:
I feel your pain but I think that's all i reversible. Stop all and see what happens...
You shouldn't take finasteride because probabily your DHT level is too low...

i think not the DHT level ist to low

dutasteride makes the DHT level higher in the scalp
big itching when i take a dutasteride

look here
Testosterone increased 4.4% for Finasteride, 6.4% for 0.05mg Dutasteride, 16% for 0.1mg Dutasteride, and 27% for 0.5mg and 2.5mg Dutasteride. Although the rise in Testosterone may seem high, the Testosterone levels were almost always within normal range according to Rittmaster.

Scalp DHT measurements were also assessed for both DHT and Testosterone. Scalp DHT was decreased 27% for 0.05mg Dutasteride, similarly for Finasteride (38%) and Dutasteride 0.1mg (37%), 54% for 0.5mg, and 82% for 2.5mg Dutasteride. Rittmaster concluded that these results show that most of the DHT in the scalp comes from type 1 5-alpha reductase.
Scalp Testosterone rose 24% for Finasteride, 46% for 0.05mg Dutasteride, 44% for 0.1mg Dutasteride, 104% for 0.5mg Dutasteride, and 154% for 2.5mg Dutasteride

Timi

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi I don't agree with you for some reasons...
Anyway if you don't tolerate this drug STOP! The body return in a normal level

T

Timi

Andrea said:
Timi I don't agree with you for some reasons...
Anyway if you don't tolerate this drug STOP! The body return in a normal level

i have Stop dutasteride

I regret the last Capsule

Timi

restonwebdev

Reaction score
I had absolutely no luck with Propecia and Finasteride, even when using 12.5% minoxidil.

dutasteride for 5+ years has been excellent and I have noticed significant regrowth. There are some side-effects and I have recently noticed some thinning/shedding that has caught me quite by surprise after not worrying about hairloss.

I'm honestly surprised by all of the finasteride > dutasteride remarks. On the hair transplant forums some 5-6 years ago, all of the studies showed that dutasteride was a lot more effective than Propecia/finasteride at slowing hairloss and promoting regrowth. Kind of frustrating to see so many people giving dutasteride a bad word. Propecia...really...do they even sell it anymore? At best it slows hair loss - I recall a lot of people being very down on the success-rate with Propecia/finasteride not that long ago.

fightDHT

Reaction score
how was your finasteride experience?...how long did u stay on finasteride bfor deciding to give up?

restonwebdev

Reaction score
At best, I feel that finasteride slowed down my hairloss...I had diffuse thinning across the frontal area of my scalp as well as the vertex. What I really disliked about Propecia/finasteride was the shedding cycle; with Dutasteride, I really haven't had that problem until lately.

fightDHT

Reaction score
Your hairloss areas seem similar to mine (front mid-scalp)...I have started on finasteride about 1.5 months back and although it stopped my hairfall tremendously in the first 2-3 weeks, after that suddenly i started losing hair like crazy....makes me believe it might be the finasteride shed and m trying hard to stick with it...dunno when shedding will stop...
could you tell me how long u stayed on finasteride and how many sheds u experienced during that period?..i am wondering if dutasteride is the answer for me too...

restonwebdev

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that; as with anything, it's important to stay positive and look towards the long-term.

As my finasteride usage was a while ago (6+ years), I will try to summarize my experience on the drug.

Roughly December 2001, started with Propecia. Noticed some improvement in the sense that I was losing less hair in the shower and on my desk as I studied (and pulled my hair out by scratching, I was a nervous wreck).

Propecia was expensive at the time and so when I learned about finasteride, I gave it a go. This was probably around the mid-2002 timeframe. Again, I really didn't notice much additional improvement of finasteride over Propecia. Every three months I would have a pretty serious shed and my hair was fairly dry and brittle during this time. I started Dutasteride after anxisouly waiting for it; I was able to have it prescribed off-label (as it wasn't approved for hair loss and I believe it still isn't) and I really hadn't looked back since. There was an initial shed after the change from finasteride to dutasteride but it wasn't serious.

So, generally, looking back - I had a major shed every three to four months on Propecia and/or finasteride.