How many of you guys use concealers such as Toppik?

Dedge89

Reaction score
Toppik has seriously been a life saver for me recently. I used to take these products with a pince of salt and assume it was mostly marketing and the effects wouldn't be that noticeable but my god does it work! Recently I've had a bit of a hairline shed and just a sprinkle of Toppik on both sides of my hairline gives me back the natural looking straight hairline I usually have. Not to mention it improves my crown by atleast 40% with not even a large application. I'm seriously thinking this could be a long-term product for me since it's relatively cheap, easy to use and you can carry around the travel size one and apply it whenever you feel you need a top up.

The only issue I have with it is that applying Minoxidil obviously gets rid of quite abit of the Toppik density so if you have to cover a lot each day it might not be practical, but for those odd nights out where you want to impress the ladies it works perfectly.

Anyone else here have much experience with such products? It is possibly the best short-term solution to hairloss and is great for keeping the morale up during finasteride/minoxidil sheds!

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you hit the hairline and make it not look obvious. I have to just put it on, then comb a layer of hairs over it. Makes things tricky. Also how to you keep it from leaving tiny flakes on your forehead periodically throughout the day?

Lastly, how long does the 20ish dollar cylinder of it last you.

Dedge89

Reaction score
Well since the hairs on my hairline are thinner when I apply Toppik over that area is just automatically thickens the hairs and gives me a straighter looking hairline with no hassle. I'll rub off any of the excess fibres off of my forehead and during the day it doesn't seem to naturally leak onto my face or anything, unless it rains I guess. Some people apply hairspray after Toppik though to keep it in place which could work well I guess.

I've only just bought the larger £20 cylinder recently but I usually get the cheap £7 travel edition and even that will last me a few weeks to a month since I only need a smallish application on my hairline to make a difference!

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
Concealers are indeed a life saver. I've been sporting them for about a year now (I'll never ever forget the time when I first applied Toppik and how it made my hair look).

I use DermMatch and Toppik together. I apply the DermMatch for a good base then I spray some Toppik over to cover it up. Works wonders.

I

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Couvre on entire scalp since 1993, every day. Toppik on crown only (on Couvre) full time now for last 2 years. Used to only use it for big events....now loss getting worse.

duality8

Established Member
Reaction score
Toppik is quite effective for a temporary cover-up, you just have to make sure you use a hairspray to 'freeze' it in place, otherwise the wind will blow bits of it all over your forehead. If you have a shiny forehead like I do, it will stick to it and you will end up with a dark-grey forehead by the end of the day!

will30

Reaction score
hairspray? won't they make your hair look shiny and cake up? i used hairspray a lot when i was in my teens because i went to a private school and wanted to look like i was more mature or whatever. but i soon realized how rediculous hairspray made my hair look. and also the smell.

duality8

Established Member
Reaction score
will30 said:
hairspray? won't they make your hair look shiny and cake up? i used hairspray a lot when i was in my teens because i went to a private school and wanted to look like i was more mature or whatever. but i soon realized how rediculous hairspray made my hair look. and also the smell.

It would depend on which type of hairspray you use. Some have that 'lacquer' effect like the FUDGE range or TIGI/BEDHEAD. I just got myself a cheap no-frills one and it just did the trick without making my hair shiny or anything else. It didn't look obvious in any way...and the smell dissapears in a few minutes.

will30

Reaction score
duality8 said:
will30 said:

It would depend on which type of hairspray you use. Some have that 'lacquer' effect like the FUDGE range or TIGI/BEDHEAD. I just got myself a cheap no-frills one and it just did the trick without making my hair shiny or anything else. It didn't look obvious in any way...and the smell dissapears in a few minutes.

what aerosol hairspray? thats what i used, it was my grandmother's hairspray.

Paulgreer

Reaction score
Toppik has truly been a game changer for me, anyone who doubts it should at least try it once, you might just be surprised, I know I was!

s.a.f

Reaction score
If anything its better.

buckaroo

Reaction score
Anybody tried Caboki? I've used it for a couple months, and I like it probably better than Toppik.