How many of you are white and bald out of the posters here?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Joan,
You may have mentioned this before, I don't remember anymore.
Do your sons know you are an overnight sensation on a hair loss forum?

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I pale in comparison to the superstars of HairLossTalk.com, I.D., but I'm flattered to have you as a fan. And I think you know that goes both ways.

jd_uk

Reaction score
He's ok with his nose now, but he is still far from bald. On a couple of occasions when he brought up his hair loss, I told him that I felt a lot better about my profile after I got my nose fixed (I was 15), and if it ever bothers him, we'd pay for him to get it done. I don't think that's being cruel, is it? I try to choose my words wisely with both kids. I just read so much here about how much looks matter when getting hired for a job, so I'm worried that the more imperfections, so to speak, he has, the harder it will be for him. Both my kids are beautiful to me, but the world can't see them through my eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's hypocritical. I say do whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Just do your homework so you don't get botched.

You and those booties! Way back in the '80s, we would've called those girls fat--lol!

No that doesn't sound too cruel. I'd just be careful though of taking too much you hear on this forum seriously. There are a lot of depressive people on here who would probably blame their appearance and body image issues on most things going wrong in their lives, even if that is not the cause.

rick39

Reaction score
My advice to anyone is to not get a hairpiece. I used to have one and it was way too much maintenance especially with the tape that came with it. Not to mention that a stiff wind almost blew it off a handful of times. I never felt comfortable wearing it and felt like a phony. Try shaving it/buzzing it short first before you try anything else.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
OP,

I am also pale and around your height (5"6) . I have not shaved my head yet but it is something I think about doing a lot. Perhaps this summer.

my worry is similar to yours, the fact is bald won't look good on a lot of pale guys, and being short doesn't help!

ive had all crazy thoughts to cope with my hair loss - everything from getting a hair peice to becoming a body builder and getting tattoos.

It it sure would be a lot easier to accept hair loss if I could look good bald, but as someone who needs hair to look good I think I'm screwed

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damn i wish my folks would pay for my nose to be fixed. it didn't look too bad with hair to give it some cover, it fitted on my face then... hair can make otherwise ugly features "fit" on a face with hair to frame them, that is one reason why baldness is devastating.

i have poor "game" but i can keep women as friends with my wit and knowledge, but as soon as they see my NW1 friends around the table, any interest they had in me is gone and i turn invisible; and they are more interested in my friend with curly blond hair or straight black anime hair.
it's just like if you were at a table with many girls, there are a lot of beautiful girls there and one ugly fat one - which one would you be giving attention? this is why i can't blame girls for acting the way they do - i can only blame genetics

shookwun

Reaction score
damn i wish my folks would pay for my nose to be fixed. it didn't look too bad with hair to give it some cover, it fitted on my face then... hair can make otherwise ugly features "fit" on a face with hair to frame them, that is one reason why baldness is devastating.

i have poor "game" but i can keep women as friends with my wit and knowledge, but as soon as they see my NW1 friends around the table, any interest they had in me is gone and i turn invisible; and they are more interested in my friend with curly blond hair or straight black anime hair.
it's just like if you were at a table with many girls, there are a lot of beautiful girls there and one ugly fat one - which one would you be giving attention? this is why i can't blame girls for acting the way they do - i can only blame genetics

One of the realist posters on these boards.

It's almost like I can feel your pain without actually having felt it before.

Strike me as a guy who's lived both sides of the sword. One side being attractive, and the other subhuman in the eyes of beautiful women.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I am just going to start dating bald women. Is there an online site for that. haha

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the realist posters on these boards.

It's almost like I can feel your pain without actually having felt it before.

Strike me as a guy who's lived both sides of the sword. One side being attractive, and the other subhuman in the eyes of beautiful women.
you really think hot girls see unattractive guys as "subhuman"? that's kind of extreme don't you thinK? I mean I see homely girls all the time, it doesn't mean I think of them as worth less than others.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely Joan. Hair systems aren't like they used to be and from the people I've messaged and talk to first hand they all say it's undetectable even to female touch when bonded right.

I can assure you the constant and daily struggle of maintaining a comb over is much more nauseating and stressful then a once a week re, and de-attachment of a toupee.

I'm about about two weeks shy of being two months post operation. Its a very long road to recovery but like an thing whether it's a system or transplant it's well worth it's weight in gold..

Why people put themselves in pain and agony I don't know. I say go for it, and try it out. At least you wil then know if a system is worth it or not. But to take other people's words is not so wise. We all have different expectations and outcomes in this aspect.

My philosophy is surgery and restoration is an emotional investment. Feeling good about yourself will open many doors.

^ This man is extremely intelligent.

Well said.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I partly agree HTL, that with "the right" hair cut, some of us do and can look fine bald.
In general anyone can pick and choose from the limited strategic options that serve to correct or camouflage their hair loss. On a personal level I can always try for a second hair transplant and hope to high heaven for it to "take this time".

In the meantime I will intermittently continue donning a mock top (system), just as I will continue to frequently wear a cap/hat when/where I see fit and sometimes too I will continue to shave my head "skin thin",
and whereas far as public scrutiny is concerned, which generally is any public setting outside my dwelling grounds; I will use make-up to poorly conceal an ugly scar behind my head.

I will and have utilized every conceivable resource under the sun to deny or defy my own baldness. While some of these tactics worked some of the time,
none of these make-shift measures ever allowed me to feel my Androgenetic Alopecia paranoia left me ALLTHETIME.
Nevertheless I will continue to exploit them.

I have come to learn that the plight of the baldite is never finished and that hair loss is/was not ever merely a skin deep distraction that can be easily eradicated by snappy pseudo-psycho rhetoric or artificial and/or medical intervention.
Maybe it's worth mentioning that the fact of the matter is that most of us are not simpletons who eat and drink any b.s. thrown to them.

So yes we can try masquerade our looks and for some of us at least, who are lucky enough to pass; we can temporarily feel ok for a little while anyway.

However like so often it goes with man's best laid plans , a word of caution for the faint hearted; even our best kept secrets have a life expectancy.

Beneath the thin skin of every conscientious baldite lies a colder truth or more permanent reality;
Baldness anxiety (AGAA)is a deep feeling that cannot be willed away, or forcibly allayed or kept at bay by the snap of a finger.

Androgenetic Alopecia attacks us on day one and quickly infiltrates our natural defenses and overwhelms our senses.

All at once reality is transformed and automatically we find ourselves entrenched in a silent conflict between past lives and future loss,
where hope for recovery gradually hemorrhages and moral anemia sets in
and finally youth's retributive power is irrevocably lost.

AngryJoe

Reaction score
I think the main problem of your zero success with women is not your baldness but inferiority complex of being bald. Take it easy, I am almost bald at my 30th and have no problem with women.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've got a Mediterranean tan (I have Italian parents) but I still look HORRIBLE with a bald or even a shaved head. I have a large forehead, V-shaped hairline and don't have sharp features which limits me to longer hair. I would say all people from all races can look good bald, I think it falls down to head shape and features not skin tone. The only exception are black men who I think nearly always look awesome bald, but that's just my opinion.

That is a fact man. Take Africans, they look freaking amazing with bald heads. With tanned, brown or white bald people you can just see that they are missing something and that they would look so much better with hair (at least most of them).

With black people, there baldness doesn't stand out that much if at all. If it does, it's mostly because that bald look seems so natural with them.

Reaction score
Absolutely Joan. Hair systems aren't like they used to be and from the people I've messaged and talk to first hand they all say it's undetectable even to female touch when bonded right.

I can assure you the constant and daily struggle of maintaining a comb over is much more nauseating and stressful then a once a week re, and de-attachment of a toupee.

I'm about about two weeks shy of being two months post operation. Its a very long road to recovery but like an thing whether it's a system or transplant it's well worth it's weight in gold..

Why people put themselves in pain and agony I don't know. I say go for it, and try it out. At least you wil then know if a system is worth it or not. But to take other people's words is not so wise. We all have different expectations and outcomes in this aspect.

My philosophy is surgery and restoration is an emotional investment. Feeling good about yourself will open many doors.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Hair systems can be perfectly fine (sometimes temporary) solutions. I still don't get why guys who just had a transplant don't just wear a system for a while. Maybe I am making a fallacy but I just don't see any reason why.

Willie_Pep

Reaction score

Are you optimistic about the surgery?