How many of you are white and bald out of the posters here?

rick39

Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I want to gauge the success of white bald guys on here with women vs bald guys of other ethnicities who may have a tan or darker complexion.

I happen to be white and bald with blue eyes, I'm only 5'7" and I've had zero success with women for several years now though I've been told the bald look suits me by some friends and family members. I feel like they're just saying that though.

shookwun

Reaction score
When you say zero success were you even trying to meet women or expecting them to come your way. A big problem with balding is you need to get out of your comfort zone, and approach. More effort is needed versus our hair counter parts.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Friends don't lie i believe..if you aren't,they will stay quiet but won't speak like that..

rick39

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not approaching as much as I should but it's hard after I've had my share of rejection from women. I've been told that I'm charming, funny, a great guy etc in the past but it seems that all women view me as is a good friend and nothing more. I've moved in for the kiss a handful of times after dates and got the old turn of the cheek. Women just don't seem to be physically attracted to me.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Friends don't lie i believe..if you aren't,they will stay quiet but won't speak like that..

it depends on your friends, yes... but the majority of friends either will lie, or say nothing, or navigate around the topic by saying things like, "you look clean cut" or something. Yes, balding with a darker complexion is much easier than balding when you're pale, but once again, this just depends on the individual. Most black men aren't nearly as devastated as white people, I will make that generalization, because it's true. Also, Shookwun is right... even with a full head of hair, the majority of women are counting on men to make a move, act confident and step out of their comfort zone. This is an evolutionary trait that will always be true. I was desired by many women in my twenties (sorry for the ego, but it's true). Only like two ever pursued me on their own, and I didn't start dating the others until I stepped out of my comfort zone and made a move.

shookwun

Reaction score
Wear a toupee and get jacked.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Check out some daygame type videos on youtube. Lots of great advice on dating etc on there...and bald guys doing well with it.

I'd also recommend staying off here. You need your confidence to be high and i've realised recently that there are some people here with extremely negative and distorted views on hair loss who want to bring others down with them.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
White and bald here. Went to a uni party on Thursday, felt really good and sociable and got hit on by a few really attractive girls who approached me. **** hit the fan a bit and we left early so I never made anything of it but conversely I've been to parties where I wasn't feeling great about myself for whatever reason and I was invisible to women.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wear a toupee and get jacked.

Shookwun, how are things going with your hair transplant? Also, would you be open to wearing a toupee if things ever go south for you (which I hope they don't)?

shookwun

Reaction score
Absolutely Joan. Hair systems aren't like they used to be and from the people I've messaged and talk to first hand they all say it's undetectable even to female touch when bonded right.

I can assure you the constant and daily struggle of maintaining a comb over is much more nauseating and stressful then a once a week re, and de-attachment of a toupee.

I'm about about two weeks shy of being two months post operation. Its a very long road to recovery but like an thing whether it's a system or transplant it's well worth it's weight in gold..

Why people put themselves in pain and agony I don't know. I say go for it, and try it out. At least you wil then know if a system is worth it or not. But to take other people's words is not so wise. We all have different expectations and outcomes in this aspect.

My philosophy is surgery and restoration is an emotional investment. Feeling good about yourself will open many doors.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just thinking if my son opts for a hair transplant someday and he's not a good candidate, maybe he could get a bonded piece so he wouldn't have to worry so much about being "discovered", which is feared by guys (and I don't blame them for having that fear). Of course, he may accept being bald; time will tell, unfortunately. He has dark features, so I think if he could grow some facial hair (which he cannot do at the moment) and if he decides to get his nose done (poor kid inherited my old hook, which I had taken care of), he'd look decent. He doesn't think he can pull off the bald look, though. Getting jacked--well, he'd have a long way to go for that, if he ever decided to work out. He is REALLY THIN!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just thinking if my son opts for a hair transplant someday and he's not a good candidate, maybe he could get a bonded piece so he wouldn't have to worry so much about being "discovered", which is feared by guys (and I don't blame them for having that fear). Of course, he may accept being bald; time will tell, unfortunately. He has dark features, so I think if he could grow some facial hair (which he cannot do at the moment) and if he decides to get his nose done (poor kid inherited my old hook, which I had taken care of), he'd look decent. He doesn't think he can pull off the bald look, though. Getting jacked--well, he'd have a long way to go for that, if he ever decided to work out. He is REALLY THIN!

Well, hopefully you don't talk to him like that. My mother had this horrible habit of telling me things like that when I was a kid and it took a couple years of therapy to regain any self confidence. (not saying you're like that at all). :)

shookwun

Reaction score

Adopting a healthier mind set is the best approach. Lifting weights is part of a life style. Consistency in this game is key.

I know what it's like to be real thin, and it takes many years to put on quality muscle tissue on a naturally skinny frame.

Joan I cant stress enough how important it is to have good hair characteristics going into a transplant. It can definitely change his life for the better, but at the same time their are many risks involved, and that's why a hair piece is a good alternate choice. A lot of people jump the gun, and think a hair transplant will fix everything. What happens when the hair erodes further? how about ones finances? it's not as simple as getting a nose job. it takes strategic planning and is a long term approach.

A hair piece is good choice. It's better to go with a full topper as blending with partials doesn't typically work well.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Adopting a healthier mind set is the best approach. Lifting weights is part of a life style. Consistency in this game is key.

I know what it's like to be real thin, and it takes many years to put on quality muscle tissue on a naturally skinny frame.

Joan I cant stress enough how important it is to have good hair characteristics going into a transplant. It can definitely change his life for the better, but at the same time their are many risks involved, and that's why a hair piece is a good alternate choice. A lot of people jump the gun, and think a hair transplant will fix everything. What happens when the hair erodes further? how about ones finances? it's not as simple as getting a nose job. it takes strategic planning and is a long term approach.

A hair piece is good choice. It's better to go with a full topper as blending with partials doesn't typically work well.

The thing about hair systems is someone is going to notice. Whether it be an old friend or work colleague. Even with minor hair loss people will notice your hair looks thicker or less receded suddenly and i doubt whether it's going to look exactly the same as your old hair colour and texture.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i was thinking of wearing a hair piece, but i wouldn't keep it secret. i'd be open about it so i don't have the stress of hiding it all the time. i do know the newest ones are really really good but you have to maintain it right.

also if i'm open about it it would help to spur acceptance of it.

i mean a big part of why i don't wear a piece is if people criticize it it takes away the point, which is getting the same respect a full head gets. also i think if a woman knew about it it wouldn't improve your chances with her, because its still not really accepted.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, hopefully you don't talk to him like that. My mother had this horrible habit of telling me things like that when I was a kid and it took a couple years of therapy to regain any self confidence. (not saying you're like that at all). :)

Talk to him like what? The only time I bring up his hair loss is to ask him if he wants me to refill his prescription or the occasional times I send him threads here about possible sides. If he brings it up, then I give him my thoughts. When you're a parent, you make a huge effort not to do/say the annoying things your parents did to you.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing about hair systems is someone is going to notice. Whether it be an old friend or work colleague. Even with minor hair loss people will notice your hair looks thicker or less receded suddenly and i doubt whether it's going to look exactly the same as your old hair colour and texture.

I think men and women sometimes make the mistake of getting systems that are too thick. It would be a good idea to get one before hair loss gets really bad so that the transition won't be highly noticeable. I, myself, have thought about getting one before too much scalp shows. It's the shedding that drives me mad. If I had the face for it, I'd have gotten a pixie cut long ago, even though my husband would've hated it.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Talk to him like what? The only time I bring up his hair loss is to ask him if he wants me to refill his prescription or the occasional times I send him threads here about possible sides. If he brings it up, then I give him my thoughts. When you're a parent, you make a huge effort not to do/say the annoying things your parents did to you.

- - - Updated - - -

I think men and women sometimes make the mistake of getting systems that are too thick. It would be a good idea to get one before hair loss gets really bad so that the transition won't be highly noticeable. I, myself, have thought about getting one before too much scalp shows. It's the shedding that drives me mad. If I had the face for it, I'd have gotten a pixie cut long ago, even though my husband would've hated it.

I don't see any issues with women with thinning hair getting a hair system if it is nothering them. Women do so many things to their hair anyway, extensions etc... we as guys have no clue (nor care) what is real or not half the time.

For men though, i don't think it will ever be 'socially acceptable' to wear one. I know a few celebrities are open about it but often they just get mocked even more than if they were bald. Cruel really but men are not 'supposed' to have insecurities.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he was referring to the hook nose comments (wont look bald until he 'gets his nose done' and can grow some facial hair).

shookwun

Reaction score
Men don't care. We just want a nice phat booty to play with.

We are so used to women having hair extensions, breast implants, facial fillers that a full hair system would not make any difference to the latter. I have not dated a girl before in my entire life that didn't have at least one of the enhancements I mentioned.

It seems like women are the ones who have problems with men taking non-natural steps towards bettering themselves.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

I think he was referring to the hook nose comments (wont look bald until he 'gets his nose done' and can grow some facial hair).

He's ok with his nose now, but he is still far from bald. On a couple of occasions when he brought up his hair loss, I told him that I felt a lot better about my profile after I got my nose fixed (I was 15), and if it ever bothers him, we'd pay for him to get it done. I don't think that's being cruel, is it? I try to choose my words wisely with both kids. I just read so much here about how much looks matter when getting hired for a job, so I'm worried that the more imperfections, so to speak, he has, the harder it will be for him. Both my kids are beautiful to me, but the world can't see them through my eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Men don't care. We just want a nice phat booty to play with.

We are so used to women having hair extensions, breast implants, facial fillers that a full hair system would not make any difference to the latter. I have not dated a girl before in my entire life that didn't have at least one of the enhancements I mentioned.

It seems like women are the ones who have problems with men taking non-natural steps towards bettering themselves.

And that's hypocritical. I say do whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Just do your homework so you don't get botched.

You and those booties! Way back in the '80s, we would've called those girls fat--lol!