Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please tell me if you faced any sides and also post some results

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on oral minoxidil, initially had good results but lost them + more a few months later. If you want to see pics go to my thread on oral minoxidil.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible for oral Minoxidil to work if you didn't respond to topical?

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's many guys who risk using oral minoxidil to be honest. As a wild guess, maybe about 2% of the guys on this forum use it. It is risky stuff that can potentially have very serious side effects. The vast majority of hair loss sufferers just stick to the safer options like finasteride and topical minoxidil. I am a long-term user of Dutasteride which is somewhat risky in itself, but much less risky than oral minoxidil.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think there's many guys who risk using oral minoxidil to be honest. As a wild guess, maybe about 2% of the guys on this forum use it. It is risky stuff that can potentially have very serious side effects. The vast majority of hair loss sufferers just stick to the safer options like finasteride and topical minoxidil. I am a long-term user of Dutasteride which is somewhat risky in itself, but much less risky than oral minoxidil.

Lol somewhat risky? No Captain, you know what ship you're steering.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took loniten for over a year with no side effects. Just can’t get it anymore since qhi shut down.

ValiantThor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also keen to hear why posters say it's 'risky'?

My brother is on it and has great results.

I'm considering it myself - my question - if I go on it for 2-3 years then stop will I be worse off (i.e. will my existing hairs become dependent on the oral minoxidil?)

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm considering it myself - my question - if I go on it for 2-3 years then stop will I be worse off (i.e. will my existing hairs become dependent on the oral minoxidil?)
Oral minoxidil can cause permanent damage to the heart over long-term use. I personally would stay well clear of it.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Because they have probably never taken it themselves and read studies of people taking it at 10mg and above and go on about how it’s bad for the heart.

Yet most people with hair loss are taking it at dosages well below that. It’s not something you want to be messing with without a dr but people have reported good results.

I have heard it can be a game changer and has helped a lot of people. Topical is very hit or miss.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because they have probably never taken it themselves and read studies of people taking it at 10mg and above and go on about how it’s bad for the heart.

Yet most people with hair loss are taking it at dosages well below that. It’s not something you want to be messing with without a dr but people have reported good results.

I have heard it can be a game changer and has helped a lot of people. Topical is very hit or miss.
I'm just stating the fact that it is very dangerous stuff to be putting in your system, especially over the long-term. There is a reason why 99.9% of people that use minoxidil go to the big inconvenience of applying it topically rather than using it orally. If it was a good idea to take minoxidil orally, people would have discovered this long ago and nobody would even be going to the hassle of applying it topically.

By all means, if you want to put the stuff in your system then you are free to do so, but do so at your own risk.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do i remember you saying in another post that your are just ingesting liquid/foam to take oral minoxidil? How is that working, i don't completely trust thailandpharmacy and bank transfers are annoying and hard to do. I got bloated face from using topical on damp hair and dermarolling, but my hair is a mess right now.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do i remember you saying in another post that your are just ingesting liquid/foam to take oral minoxidil? How is that working, i don't completely trust thailandpharmacy and bank transfers are annoying and hard to do. I got bloated face from using topical on damp hair and dermarolling, but my hair is a mess right now.
Yeah its a real hassle ordering from them. I don't completely trust their oral minoxidil as when they switched brands I lost all my gains. Yup I'm drinking the solution straight from the dropper lol

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just stating the fact that it is very dangerous stuff to be putting in your system, especially over the long-term. There is a reason why 99.9% of people that use minoxidil go to the big inconvenience of applying it topically rather than using it orally. If it was a good idea to take minoxidil orally, people would have discovered this long ago and nobody would even be going to the hassle of applying it topically.

By all means, if you want to put the stuff in your system then you are free to do so, but do so at your own risk.

Yes. That’s all true but they have got more recent studies of low dosages.

Dr Sinclair has done a 10 year study, some highly regarded hair transplant doctors prescribe it. Topical doesn’t work for everyone.

Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** topical , it got me psoriasis and now it is as difficult to manage as hair loss! + As I will lose my hair on top, psoriasis will start to emerge, this is depressing to think Af. This is why I am so consious about my hair and at any cost don't want to lose it as it is covering up psoriasis

Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
+ nothing works for psoriasis tried topical steroids coal tar keto salycylic acid nothing works

Uzii52

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyonw here who managed his psoriasis, I am having a flare up I need to stop it, if you know someone tag him

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyonw here who managed his psoriasis, I am having a flare up I need to stop it, if you know someone tag him
Mine went away after a few years of scalp getting used to the minoxidil, I also use a ketoconazole shampoo.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. That’s all true but they have got more recent studies of low dosages.

Dr Sinclair has done a 10 year study, some highly regarded hair transplant doctors prescribe it. Topical doesn’t work for everyone.
Interesting. I guess if you're using it at a low dose under the supervision of a trusted doctor who gives you regular check ups on things such as your heart rate then you are in reasonably safe hands. What is very foolish in my opinion is self-medicating with oral minoxidil without being under the supervision of a doctor.