How many hairs do you lose when you are applying hair gel??

G

Damn, as I wrote in other threads I want to change myself a little bit. One thing I have started doing is applying hair gel every morning. But the problem is that i am always losing hair when I do so. I am trying to force myself not to look at my hands after applying it, but nevertheless I find myself looking at them every time. And it always hurts to find some of my fallen soldiers lying dead and lifeless in my hands. Even on a good day I lose at least one, sometimes I lose up to 4-5. Is this normal and am I expecting too much? What is the normal amount one loses when applying hair gel?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes it is normal. This hair would anyway fall out some minutes later if you didnt apply gel. So if you look good with styled hair you should definately use it. Personally, i have stopped using gel for over a year now, because my hair look extremely thin when i did. But now that i am getting some nice minoxidil regrowth, plus my new got2b chaotic putty that i just (finally!) received, i hope i will be able to style it again.

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude that is really good actually. I loose about 50 - 100 per gel application. It is discusting. I would kill to loose 3 or 4

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
4 or 5?? Man, you do NOT need to worry about that. I'm sure you're aware that the average person loses about 100 hairs a day, and those hairs are always more likely to come out during shampooing or with gel.

G

jj_24 said:
Dude that is really good actually. I loose about 50 - 100 per gel application. It is discusting. I would kill to loose 3 or 4

Unbelievable.......I would go crazy if this would happen to me every day. Maybe I am asking too much? I just read from guys who were on Finasteride who claimed that they would lose no hairs when applying gel and since I am six months into treatment with finasteride I was hoping to experience the same.

It may be coincidence but today I didn´t lose one single hair even though I applied gel all over my head. Damn, this felt great. Somehow my hair even appeared thicker and stronger. A really good hair day I for me.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I lose from 50-60 hairs while applying gel....i.e after i lose the same amount in the shower....The day I lose 4 I promise I will give 100 bucks to the homeless guy outside my office...

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG, I lose hair all the time when useing hair gel, I use Got2bGleu or Paul Mitchelle wax which pulls all kinds of hairs, I would say i losse about 15-20 hairs including showering and combing.

G

Lol, 15-20 including showering and combing is very good. I don´t dare to count my hairs when I am showering and shampooing.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude when I last tried styling my hair, having not for ages, I had more than 15 come out and it ruined my day lol

GC

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but do you actually think it's the Gel that's causing your hair to fall out while you're styling it, or simply the fact that you're putting pressure on hair which is ALREADY going to fall out?

Dampen your hair and play around with it for a tad, then let me know if the hair loss is any different as if you were applying gel to it.