How Many Graphs Do You Think I Would Currently Need?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Preface: this post is probably very irrelevant as I am only 21 and cannot get a hair transplant until ideally 25.

Nevertheless, say everything holds with finasteride. How many graphs do you think will be required to fill in to the blue line? What Norwood would this new hairline be? Would you say Im at a norwood 3 currently or not quite yet?

Attachments

• B29FAB8C-4F37-4BFA-92F1-0DD5E260A598.jpeg
    B29FAB8C-4F37-4BFA-92F1-0DD5E260A598.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 688

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who said you cant get a transplant before 25?Just get on fina and if you are able to maintain 1,5-2 years get it done.For the dense pack you would need above 2k grafts.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who said you cant get a transplant before 25?Just get on fina and if you are able to maintain 1,5-2 years get it done.For the dense pack you would need above 2k grafts.
Ive been on it for exactly a year now, I would say its maintained pretty nicely. Do you suggest I book consultations at the end of this year?

edit: 2k+ seems like overkill. I dont think any reputable surgeon would do that considering my age and where my hair could end up.

Last edited:

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Book it when you turn 22.There is a guy on this site who did a hair transplant at 22 with 3k+ grafts,he did it in Turkey(Dr.Koray Erdogan).Than he did another one also somewhere in that range,all that while he was under the age of 25.Its not an overkill,you have dense hair behind the transplant area.It would look silly if that area is thin.You can check out some hair transplant results to understand what Im talking about.If you have a good donor area and you are willing to stay on finasteride I dont see why 2k grafts would be a problem.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Book it when you turn 22.There is a guy on this site who did a hair transplant at 22 with 3k+ grafts,he did it in Turkey(Dr.Koray Erdogan).Than he did another one also somewhere in that range,all that while he was under the age of 25.Its not an overkill,you have dense hair behind the transplant area.It would look silly if that area is thin.You can check out some hair transplant results to understand what Im talking about.If you have a good donor area and you are willing to stay on finasteride I dont see why 2k grafts would be a problem.
Yea I get where you’re coming from.

Im just basing it off family history in which everyone has the horseshoe pattern in the back which is quite large. Therefore if finasteride becomes ineffective at say 30-35 im pretty much doomed if I spent 2k+ graphs on just the corners of my hairline.

Ive looked at quite a few hair transplant results over my year and a half of dealing with this. Im just banking on having a lot of 2-4 hair graphs in the back and being able to use as least amount of graphs as possible for my hairline. It may look thick/dense behind transplant area but I assure you my hair has a fine texture and the density all that much either, just with some grease in my hair and wearing a headset for a couple hours you can see certain portions of my scalp.

edit: I have no issue with money. Therefore I do not mind having multiple surgeries if needed down the road, I just want to fill in the corners for my 20’s and worry about the rest later if needed. Who knows though, perhaps Im not a good candidate either. Im going to take your advice though and book a consultation when I turn 22.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
With the line you've drawn it's not a lot of area to cover , I think some surgeons would do 1200 maybe 1000

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I get where you’re coming from.

Im just banking on having a lot of 2-4 hair graphs in the back and being able to use as least amount of graphs as possible for my hairline.

Single hair grafts must be used on the hairline,thats why I said above 2K grafts.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Single hair grafts must be used on the hairline,thats why I said above 2K grafts.

Ive heard this aswell. But Ive seen results with multi-hair graphs placed just before the actual hairline and then single hair graphs placed right infront by some reputable surgeon. Dr. Rahal, and Dr. Reddy. Regardless I am going to book various consultations and get opinions from surgeons, thanks for your input tho!

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi wacc, your main priority should be keeping what you got presently..... You might not think so now but your hair is good maybe not compared to most 21vyear olds but trust me if you hold on to that hair through your 20s you will have better hair than a lot of your peers.
Then think about lowering your hairline.

I would use finasteride and RU together.
Good luck

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a topview angle of what I am thinking of getting. I think 1500 would be more than enough to fill that in. I think this amount of area is similar to

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...r-results-1000-fue-grafts-dr-de-rey-s.128019/

and he only got 1000 graphs.

Would you agree, I’m still going to wait till 24ish yo/old to give me 4 more years of finasteride to recognize any sides or further loss - but if its stable I think its a safe bet. Opinions?

Last edited:

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For the hairline you have drawn they can only use single follicle grafts or else it will look horrible. They also have to placed by an expert doctor to achieve the correct angle with the existing follicles.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the hairline you have drawn they can only use single follicle grafts or else it will look horrible. They also have to placed by an expert doctor to achieve the correct angle with the existing follicles.
What’s your estimation on graphs?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think any high end hair transplant doctor would do this since you're 21, but it would be about 1500. The chance is the hair keeps receding and you are left with a ring of hair like that. I would expect them to have you taking finasteride to stop further hair loss.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think any high end hair transplant doctor would do this since you're 21, but it would be about 1500. The chance is the hair keeps receding and you are left with a ring of hair like that. I would expect them to have you taking finasteride to stop further hair loss.
I would agree. I have been on Finasteride for 13months and not much if anything has changed. Once I am 23/24 I will be exploring my options more considerably. Thanks for your opinion.