How many grafts should I be expecting for this area?

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for quotes but I have been getting graft estimates from 1000 grafts to 2500 grafts. Obviously I have no idea what is required, how many do you think are required here?

I am taking dutasteride and have been for several years. I am thinking of doing SMP for the crown to make the lack of density less obvious. Resorting my hairline I think is better bang for graft so that's my focus.

1627867375069.png
1627867660864.png

Side question
Is it possible to get temporal point restoration? Does that exist? The clinics I have asked said they don't do transplants there for various reasons.

1627867679737.png

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd day approx 1500-1800 grafts for your hairline. Just my opinion

The temple points can be done as well, I've had mine done

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Solid 2000 grafts minimum with forelock enforcement. Ideally 2500 as you have finer hair. I hope it works out, ideally you never want to have a transplant as there is no guarantee but with a receding hairline you have to correct it as it makes a huge difference to aesthetics and styling your hair up, and it's an area that will be dense packed too.

The reason I say no guarantee is I have seen guys who are perfect Norwood 3 candidates (thick hair, young enough for healing, healthy) not get good results with top surgeons. In fact I saw 2 results with a top surgeon recently, they came out total opposite, despite both having the same excellent base before hand and the same surgeon. You're a diffuse Norwood 6 and ideally no one wants more than 2 FUEs, so be careful, we only get one scalp and a certain donor limit.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the difference between NW2 diffuse and NW6 diffuse ? Isn't it all the same once it's "diffuse" ?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the difference between NW2 diffuse and NW6 diffuse ? Isn't it all the same once it's "diffuse" ?

Good question, no real difference but the correct terminology is the latter (Norwood 6 diffuse) as it implies the whole pattern that is affected. In reality the Norwood scale doesn't apply to diffuse thinners, only to those classically losing their hair in stages.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Solid 2000 grafts minimum with forelock enforcement. Ideally 2500 as you have finer hair. I hope it works out, ideally you never want to have a transplant as there is no guarantee but with a receding hairline you have to correct it as it makes a huge difference to aesthetics and styling your hair up, and it's an area that will be dense packed too.

The reason I say no guarantee is I have seen guys who are perfect Norwood 3 candidates (thick hair, young enough for healing, healthy) not get good results with top surgeons. In fact I saw 2 results with a top surgeon recently, they came out total opposite, despite both having the same excellent base before hand and the same surgeon. You're a diffuse Norwood 6 and ideally no one wants more than 2 FUEs, so be careful, we only get one scalp and a certain donor limit.
Can you link those results. Pm at least.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where did you see this?

GabrielArc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for quotes but I have been getting graft estimates from 1000 grafts to 2500 grafts. Obviously I have no idea what is required, how many do you think are required here?

I am taking dutasteride and have been for several years. I am thinking of doing SMP for the crown to make the lack of density less obvious. Resorting my hairline I think is better bang for graft so that's my focus.

View attachment 166683View attachment 166686

Side question
Is it possible to get temporal point restoration? Does that exist? The clinics I have asked said they don't do transplants there for various reasons.

View attachment 166687
I would say 1600 max 1800 grafts to the fronto-temporal recession (spare with your donor as well), don't touch the temporal yet. Wait a couple of good years to correct it (in any case), With SMP be very cautious, discolouration, dissolution (the small dots increase in size) are common sides (the natural ink gets broken down differently depending on the skin/enzyme types).

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my hair when it has had some time to grow. When styled poorly, you can see the thinning in the front-center, sadly my hair isn't thick enough to hide the loss of density. I do a forward swept style to try hide the recession, but without temporal support, there is only so much I can do there
1628683105175.png
1628683401480.png

I'm also greying and I haven't yet entered my 30s :bittersweet:

GabrielArc

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my hair when it has had some time to grow. When styled poorly, you can see the thinning in the front-center, sadly my hair isn't thick enough to hide the loss of density.
View attachment 167217

Yes, typical mid-low thickness caucasian hair, don't get discouraged, I get the same done hen I was a bit younger, now closer to 40 (actually my temporal was also corrected, but I insisted on it and I'am taking dutasteride as well), just plan with baby steps mate! First you can add some density just at the hairline and correct the recession a bit, wait some time while your still on dht blockers (monitor sides though), and later you can go on.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my hair when it has had some time to grow. When styled poorly, you can see the thinning in the front-center, sadly my hair isn't thick enough to hide the loss of density. I do a forward swept style to try hide the recession, but without temporal support, there is only so much I can do there
View attachment 167217View attachment 167218

Bro, are you Jude Law?

Alsh

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in Australia at the moment and it's unfortunate that there aren't any good surgeons here at a time when international travel is locked down. I was considering Turkey but I have a trip planned for NYC whenever travel opens up again.

Should I consider somewhere like Turkey or are the results not worth the savings?

GabrielArc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in Australia at the moment and it's unfortunate that there aren't any good surgeons here at a time when international travel is locked down. I was considering Turkey but I have a trip planned for NYC whenever travel opens up again.

Should I consider somewhere like Turkey or are the results not worth the savings?
It depends totally on the clinic. I've done mine in Hungary, they were quite professional (Hairhungary clinic). I didn't consider Turkey because of the different health care regulations. In Australia there is Dr Martinick, isn't there? Didn't you look her up?