How Many Drafts Do You Think I'll Need? (male, 27)

baldmcgee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and was seriously thinking of getting a hair transplant soon. I'd like to read others opinion or suggestions as to how many grafts I'd need just to get a realistic perspective on the procedure. I'd like to at least fill up the areas with thin hair as opposed to lowering or filling the recession on the sides. I've attached some photos with my hair combed back and sweaty/greasy after waking up so you can get an idea.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• -back.jpg
    -back.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 463
  • -front.jpg
    -front.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 458
  • -front2.jpg
    -front2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 481
  • -left.jpg
    -left.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 435
  • -right.jpg
    -right.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You are asking us how many beers(drafts) you need to get over your hair loss pattern? That is a tough one since I don't drink but maybe someone like @sunchyme1 can answer this.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ignore DoctorHouse, he doesn't know anything. You will need several drafts, at least two IPAs, a stout, one Pilsner , a Belgian ale and one Trappist.

Ok. Kidding there House.

But OP, how old are you? Future transplant loss may be a consideration to answer your question seriously.

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long you are facing the baldness.

It seems that you are facing male pattern baldness.

If your baldness has stopped progressing, then around 3000 grafts will be sufficient for you.

Also, your donor area seems good.

If you need any help, then let me know

Thanks!

baldmcgee

Reaction score
@DoctorHouse @Trichosan GRAFTS not DRAFTS, I'm daft but I'll leave it since it's funny. :)

@dr dhananjay Thanks for the reply and the estimate! I've always had thin hair but noticed more thinning at 21 and by 23 I'd already this type of bald pattern so I'd say it's still progressing if slowly.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
A person in their 20's, 30's and even later would have to be concerned about loss of native hair around the transplant sites, so most would likely recommend finasteride to maintain. Looks like you have very strong donor dimensions though, even for potential future surgeries.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a blatant liar!

"I'm new to this forum" - Joined Dec, 7 2013

I think 4000 grafts would be required for your skull

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
@DoctorHouse @Trichosan GRAFTS not DRAFTS, I'm daft but I'll leave it since it's funny. :)

@dr dhananjay Thanks for the reply and the estimate! I've always had thin hair but noticed more thinning at 21 and by 23 I'd already this type of bald pattern so I'd say it's still progressing if slowly.

I will suggest then to wait for some more time.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since you don't want to lower your hairline or your temples you could have 2000 grafts put in. Try taking finasteride to stop the hair loss.

baldmcgee

Reaction score
You are a blatant liar!

"I'm new to this forum" - Joined Dec, 7 2013

I think 4000 grafts would be required for your skull

Guilty! jk I meant it's the first time I've ever posted so I consider myself new.

Seems like the sentiment is to keep what I have still since I'm in my 20s. I can hide my hairline with long hair though a breeze destroys the illusion so it's all up in the air. Thanks for the replies everyone!