How low can i go with finasteride?

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
I just tried two doses of 0.25mg each in one week.
got brain fog, very noticeable, nothing different down there yet, but the brain fog is a real downer,

It is obvious i am in no position to ramp the dose up, so is a dose like 0.25 mg/ 2x a week even worth the time or is it actually more damaging to the hair?

bear in mind im insanely androgen sensitive and even these two doses have made my hair look in better shape, hell even saw palmetto does that for me

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
the optimal dose of Finasteride is debated, although it probably varies from person to person.

0.25mg 2x a week sounds way too low. At least 0.5mg every day, or 1mg every other day would be my recommendation

J.Harrison

Reaction score
Are you really saying that .5mg (total) of finasteride over one week has improved your hair?

This is not possible, as any hair affected by these two small does are still well beneath your scalp.

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
it has actually, mate saw palmetto over one week affected my hair and i think we all know how weak that is
i have a very androgen sensitive system,
the brain fog with finasteride is brutal though

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I just tried two doses of 0.25mg each in one week.
got brain fog, very noticeable, nothing different down there yet, but the brain fog is a real downer,

It is obvious i am in no position to ramp the dose up, so is a dose like 0.25 mg/ 2x a week even worth the time or is it actually more damaging to the hair?

bear in mind im insanely androgen sensitive and even these two doses have made my hair look in better shape, hell even saw palmetto does that for me

I am HIGHLY doubting this story. There is literally no way your hair could be better after 2 weeks. It takes months for your hair to grow out. Even if you lost ZERO hair over 2 weeks, it wouldn't look better, it would look the same.

People say "brain fog", but never really describe what that is. I'm also highly doubtful of the brain fog. Why? Well, because you're looking SO HARD at your hair that you've convinced yourself that your hair looks better in 2 weeks with .5mg TOTAL of finasteride. That's just pure crazy talk. This means that you're also looking at your own body SO HARD that you've convinced yourself that you're also suffering from side effects.

Stop worrying about side effects and just buckle down if you're going to take it.

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
ROFL what a nonsense post, dude i didnt even know brain fog was a side affect till i got it and was wondering whats going on, I had only heard of the sexual sides before, so i didnt psyche myself into it, its very damn real

let me give you an example, right now im studying, on the days i took finasteride, i like could barely look at two math problems before distracting myself and took much longer than normal to grasp and solve stuff, so there we go

J.Harrison

Reaction score
could barely look at two math problems before distracting myself and took much longer than normal to grasp and solve stuff, so there we go

Maybe you're just bad at math?

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe you should shove it and not tell that to someone who has done math at an ivy league school?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brain fog is unfortunately a very juvenile term for something that is real. It should be called Cognitive Difficulties. That's what it's called with other disorders. It does exist, and it is related to the extreme fluctuations in hormone levels. Some guys get it, most don't. I had it, usually during initial phases of Finasteride use. Went away with time.

Admin

abcdefg

Reaction score
The scary thing is I have yet to see any real explanation of what exactly causes brain fog. Doesnt sound good to me hopefully its not affecting the brain because a problem there is going to be harder to cure then male pattern baldness. The brain has to be up for most complex thing in the human body award

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
What sides are experienced with finasteride are experienced with all 5 ARD inhibitors i guess. Like Cob, I too am sensitive to DHT suppression...so his story makes sense. I experienced other sides with finasteride, just at 2-3 0.25mg dosages in a week. They were so obvious, I went to see a Doctor. He told me to stop taking finasteride - he had guys come in with serious sides from finasteride. Mine went away after 2 weeks. The bizarre thing? The dermatologist on the other side of the hospital was prescribing finasteride (I think). Doc1 wont talk to Doctor 2 about how the sides were, they just dont work with each other. The 2% claims are crap though.. I am pretty sure now the prevalence of sides is much higher.