How Long Until A Non-dht Blocker Halt To Hair Loss?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like production cost and not manufacturing cost.

But if it's that much, I'll buy a $2,000 ticket to Tokyo.

If it comes out in the same few-month interval as Histogen in Mexico, which would you recommend spending money and time on?

The way I see my treatment progressing, best case scenario:

By January 2018, Brotzu comes out. For 3 months I add it to my current treatment putting it on at night whereas my current treatment is in the morning. After 3 months I withdraw my current treatment.

Mid 2018, go get histogen or recplicel.

$1000 would be extremely cheap, I agree. Let's hope that will be the case if the treatment hopefully will reach market.

Disregarding data, the concept of Shiseido is way more intriguing to me than Histogen and also holds way more promise imo.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like production cost and not manufacturing cost.

But if it's that much, I'll buy a $2,000 ticket to Tokyo.

If it comes out in the same few-month interval as Histogen in Mexico, which would you recommend spending money and time on?

The way I see my treatment progressing, best case scenario:

By January 2018, Brotzu comes out. For 3 months I add it to my current treatment putting it on at night whereas my current treatment is in the morning. After 3 months I withdraw my current treatment.

Mid 2018, go get histogen or recplicel.
Well for Histogen you'll have to be three weeks or so in Mexico and that hair is gonna last you 5 years at most. It doesn´t seem like a good option to me. Supposedly, with Replicel you just need a one time treatment and the hair loss will be over

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well for Histogen you'll have to be three weeks or so in Mexico and that hair is gonna last you 5 years at most. It doesn´t seem like a good option to me. Supposedly, with Replicel you just need a one time treatment and the hair loss will be over

If Histogen grows normal hairs it will last you as long as it took you to grow bald without treatments at worst.

I'm a 33 year old NW2, and would be NW3 without treatments. My baldness is slow. If I do histogen, and I keep doing Brotzu, I'll have new hairs that can mostly withstand DHT. It's the best case scenario for me.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Histogen grows normal hairs it will last you as long as it took you to grow bald without treatments at worst.

I'm a 33 year old NW2, and would be NW3 without treatments. My baldness is slow. If I do histogen, and I keep doing Brotzu, I'll have new hairs that can mostly withstand DHT. It's the best case scenario for me.
From what I have read, and this is precisely why I don't see as much excitement with Histogen as with Sisheido, is that the hair that Histogen gives you doesn't last more than a hair cicle. But anyway, wouldn't you prefer something that can instantly halt your hair loss instead of something you will have to keep worryng to mantain?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have read, and this is precisely why I don't see as much excitement with Histogen as with Sisheido, is that the hair that Histogen gives you doesn't last more than a hair cicle. But anyway, wouldn't you prefer something that can instantly halt your hair loss instead of something you will have to keep worryng to mantain?

What Gail Naughton said is that they have not tested combination therapy. She said it would last a cycle as speculation which is sensible. You basically have a new hair there but it faces destruction from DHT like the hairs you had at 16. Did those hairs you had at 16 fall off when you were 16, 26, or 36?

If histogen works, it should look completely natural, hence my excitement. If all of the maintenance I need is Brotzu, then I'm fine.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What Gail Naughton said is that they have not tested combination therapy. She said it would last a cycle as speculation which is sensible. You basically have a new hair there but it faces destruction from DHT like the hairs you had at 16. Did those hairs you had at 16 fall off when you were 16, 26, or 36?

If histogen works, it should look completely natural, hence my excitement. If all of the maintenance I need is Brotzu, then I'm fine.
Well, in my case I'm 20, and I started sheding in every shower when I was 18 (although I don´t think I have reach Norwood 2 yet.) If those follicles are still sensible to DHT you will have to keep worriyng to maintain. But if Replicel/sisheido is offering you the end of worrying every f*****g morning about applying a product in your scalp (best case scenario), wouldn't you prefer that? Both products are aiming to release at the same year...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, in my case I'm 20, and I started sheding in every shower when I was 18 (although I don´t think I have reach Norwood 2 yet.) If those follicles are still sensible to DHT you will have to keep worriyng to maintain. But if Replicel/sisheido is offering you the end of worrying every f*****g morning about applying a product in your scalp (best case scenario), wouldn't you prefer that? Both products are aiming to release at the same year...

Ultimately I'm a fan of whichever product will have the most convincing efficacy data.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope anything pans out at this moment haha, because I'm really debating on what to do, since I'm NW2.5 at 17 and can't take finasteride. I hope to god something comes next year of any kind, or I might as well forget it

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope anything pans out at this moment haha, because I'm really debating on what to do, since I'm NW2.5 at 17 and can't take finasteride. I hope to god something comes next year of any kind, or I might as well forget it

You can try minoxidil, saw palmetto, and nizoral.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
$1000 would be extremely cheap, I agree. Let's hope that will be the case if the treatment hopefully will reach market.

Disregarding data, the concept of Shiseido is way more intriguing to me than Histogen and also holds way more promise imo.
It's suppose to be $1000 PER treatment and apparently its suppose to be more than one treatment over a period of time like Histogen.

K

karankaran

I wonder if I am naive or not. but I feel very hopeful of the fact that 'they' can take some sort of cells from our balding resistant areas and when they put it all over our scalp including balding areas, baldness will be cured. Just one session. Thats it.

You know for once I hope that the next einstein, instead of choosing physics, becomes a hair scientist or something.