How Long Have You Been Taken Propecia

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Proscar/4 for almost 20 years.
On and off at the beginning, every day religiously since September 2009.
No sides, except for high levels of anxiety, probably more related to the problem I was trying to cure.
Since February of this year a sudden drop in quality especially at the frontline (it has aways been my weak spot).
Fina helped me tremendouly and continues to do so.
I'44 btw

Holy **** man that's incredible! How aggressive was your hairloss before you suppressed it with finasteride?

abarthoso

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn dude you literally have a perfect head of hair. No changes over those 20 years?
Ups and downs over the last 20 years (I to suffer from telogen effluviums) but basically they stayed the same.
As I said in my previous post, starting February of this year, I began thinning at the frontline.

abarthoso

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy **** man that's incredible! How aggressive was your hairloss before you suppressed it with finasteride?
I never suffered from aggressive baldness.
The decision to start early was dictated by the awareness to become very ugly without hair (and I'm still convinced about that...)
So, by the first episode of slight thinning, I decided to go with min and finasteride (plus nizoral after a while).
Seeing all my relatives now with hair problems, I guess that was a good choice.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never suffered from aggressive baldness.
The decision to start early was dictated by the awareness to become very ugly without hair (and I'm still convinced about that...)
So, by the first episode of slight thinning, I decided to go with min and finasteride (plus nizoral after a while).
Seeing all my relatives now with hair problems, I guess that was a good choice.
At what age did you start losing your hair?

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides, except for high levels of anxiety, probably more related to the problem I was trying to cure.
Since February of this year a sudden drop in quality especially at the frontline (it has aways been my weak spot).
I'44 btw

Your hair is literally Propecia goals.. What do you think your hair would be like if you never treated it based off your family?

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
I'44 btw

Nice to find someone who has been on it as long as me, but I've got to be honest, I don't think finasteride is the reason for having hair that thick. How bald were you when you started taking it? Are you sure you were going bald? That's amazing if it's just Proscar keeping your hair.

abarthoso

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is literally Propecia goals.. What do you think your hair would be like if you never treated it based off your family?
My father is a Norwood 4-5 and his brother a nw4 with diffuse thinning
By my mother side Norwood 3 to 4 is the norm
I do not think I would have what I have without fina.
Now I'm pretty sure about that

abarthoso

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice to find someone who has been on it as long as me, but I've got to be honest, I don't think finasteride is the reason for having hair that thick. How bald were you when you started taking it? Are you sure you were going bald? That's amazing if it's just Proscar keeping your hair.
I remember the first visit with the derm.
He said: "hey, do not worry too much, in a decade the worst you can expect is to end up like me".
I petrified: the guy was a nw4 to be optimistic!
Then and there I started thinking to go with the big guns.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
I'44 btw

You have great hair man. I don't think you'll go bald if you stay on finasteride (not before 60s that is as hair loss after 59 is not necessarily androgen related).

Congrats on the result.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'44 btw
Look at that hairline! Congratulations. Your hair is amazing, especially for a 44 year old man.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score

No I had one way back when and it was done at Bosley, which was a total hack and I'm pretty sure most of them didn't take. The ones that did take I'm not sure if they're growing anymore but yes, I've had one transplant way back when. I did a second but it was only on the sides, tough to explain but mostly in the temple area ( like to the left and right of my eyes) and back along where the horseshoe is. The temple was the only place I could still see thinning happening. So, no, never a 3rd. That's actually another option but the results I've seen from my 1st , I don't think I'm a good candidate for transplants, although they have new ways of doing it now. Oddly, I don't remember ever considering a 3rd transplant.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'44 btw

Amazing head of hair

Do u use generic proscar or name brand?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I could say it kept what I already had.
I lost ground just lately a little bit.

I dont think this story is that amazing. I think a lot of men out there had a similar experience just no reason to ever come here. Why would you? You never know for sure, but im willing to bet propecia is the reason you still have pretty much all your hair. Tell that to all the people that say its not worth trying