How Long Does It Take Your Scalp To Recover From Dermarolling?

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using a dermapen, stopped for a while, now i shaved my head and i started using it again. Now i noticed how slow my scalp recovers from dermarolling. That said i've no comparison of what might be normal.

Using my dermapen on sunday, today everywhere i went over my head with the pen i have those red marks. It got a bit better, but still looks bad enough to better wear a cap outside lol.
I'm using a skincare product on my scalp rn once a day to hopefully balancing it out a bit.

I'm also curious if i better would've to wait with headmassages and my oil-routine til the red marks are gone, but looks like this could take up to a week.

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
i now know that with 1.0mm it takes me apprx. 5 days for the redness to vanish, but then i'm straight into the dandruff/peeloff phase for another 5 days apparently..super annoying. Means i can barely go out without a hat when dermarolling :O I just buzzcut my hair, maybe i let it grow out a little more, so it doesn't look as bad.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the beginning of dermarolling it takes about 3-4 days for me. After 5-6 months of weekly dermarolling it takes 1-2 days.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All these comments....
What is healed and what isnt? You cant determine that by just looking at your skin. My skin looks completely healed after just 2 days after a intense 1.5mm session. Does that mean i should needle every 2 days? No