How Long Does it Take to See Results With Propecia

confused7

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd month. I take dosage of 1-2 mg daily. Should I be seeing results yet? It is for male pattern baldness.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Me too man, me too. Wondering the same thing since I'm also near 3rd month (in 3-4 days here). But I think what everyone would say is "who knows"?

It's true though. Everyone reacts differently. Some just faster than others. I just hope that I will finally react to the drug positively and that my results will stay.

luke 21:18

Reaction score
I've been taking it for 14 months and have not had any good results, i'm only an NW1, but i'm continuly receding. But I also heard it doesn't help much with the temples, just diffrent for everyone I guess.

tman7

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, those of you above who say they have had no response, did you get a prescription or did you order from an online pharmacy? If you did where did you get yours? Ive been on 1.25 finasteride for a little over 3 months and havent seen much change for better or worse. Its probably best to wait for a year before making any judgements so I'm gonna stick it out. Got mine from inhouse pharmacy.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh I got my proper Propecia through a prescription... I just switched over to prescription Proscar though (second quartered Proscar will be taken tonight) so it should be the real deal... Just... nothing's going on T_T

confused7

Reaction score
Prescription from a regular doctor. I'm also taking 1.25 mg.

tman7 said:
Just out of curiousity, those of you above who say they have had no response, did you get a prescription or did you order from an online pharmacy? If you did where did you get yours? Ive been on 1.25 finasteride for a little over 3 months and havent seen much change for better or worse. Its probably best to wait for a year before making any judgements so I'm gonna stick it out. Got mine from inhouse pharmacy.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Been almost 6 months I think and hair is constantly improving on Propecia. I started seeing great results after 4 months. Hair thicker and looking better too at 6 months. I only have maybe 10 or 20 hairs fall out per day now, compared to 70-130 a day before the 4th month.

Nizoral 3-4 times a week is helping allot too.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've read the first 3 months is meant to slow or stop hairloss (not regrow). The next 3 months after that is about regrowing or maintaining hair. I wouldnt look for results until after 6 months.

confused7

Reaction score
My hair stylist told me that he noticed some subtle regrowth....I'm at about the 5 1/2 month mark...it is so subtle that I wasn't able to see it on my own...

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ordered online, 1.25mg, saw results at 3-4 months.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
guys i been on propecia ( prescription) for 3 months and 2 weeks for my diffuse thinning , and im actully seeing it get worse moree diffuse spots all over and thinner hair too , funny thing is i do remember seeing shedding but not a lot of hairs , probley 12 1 night then 4 the next , i dont really look at my pillow

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Didn't notice an increase in shedding, but my hair definitely got worse and I experienced some sides over the first five months. After five months my libido went back through the roof, and the shedding pretty much stopped altogether. Went from shedding around 30 hairs a day to under five. Even when I'm styling or scratching my head I'll only lose a hair. Eight months on finasteride and I'm starting to see some regrowth. Mostly on the crown, though, which is my problem area.

confused7

Reaction score
I'm at the 10-month mark...started to have regrowth at around 5-6 months....now the regrowth appears to have has stopped.... MPD filled up about half way.

Has anyone had regrowth after a period when it stopped, or after 10 months?
Would anyone recommend increasing to above 1.25 mg daily?

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm just past the 6 month mark...

despite staying stable for the first 5 months, i think my temples have receded a bit more, there is slight diffuse thinning where it used to be a bit more solid, and both temples are littered with velus/intermediate hairs, making me just over a true NW1

throughout the entire six months, i feel like the rest of my head has improved its general health, hair color and consistency is much better

should i expect things to get a bit worse before they get better?

been on minoxidil for two months now, and nizoral for a month and a half