How Long Does it Take to See Results With Propecia

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
i should add... haven't noticed any significant periods of shedding, maybe every few months i'll have a day where there's 20 hairs in my hands in the shower, but shedding has definitely gotten to a minimum recently, for example - i just played with my hair for a good ten minutes just looking at it and through it and probably lost one hair in the process...

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been on for 10 months now with nothing to report except for some days where I don't seem to shed a single hair...my hair has deteriorated a bit.

To be fair I haven't been the best patient, I came off for a month and messed around with dosages.

dcdc80

Reaction score
I am at month 4 1/2 with real Propecia and its definitely working. I am 28 and started as a NW2. No more hair falls out since month 2. I've received two compliments in separate situations from people this week who don't know i'm taking it.. they just said it looks a lot thicker than it did at the front and middle region and its pretty visible to me too. I was also at 0.5mg then 0.75 for about the first month and a half.

curiouscharles

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^
that's great to hear. hopefully things continually get better!

I talked to my older brother today, who's 2 years older... he said his temples have receded a bit as well, but nothing drastic, he can still wear his hair with bangs no problem - this was great for me to hear, since my hairloss is a little behind his and I've already been on propecia for 6 months.

edit: wanted to add to my story above, the small shed/deterioration I experienced was right around the time I added Nizoral to my regimen, so I'm thinking it probably pushed out some dead hairs that were just waiting to go... hopefully they'll come back in a little stronger than before!