How Long Does It Take Finasteride To Block Dht?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way to know is to stick with it. It's not a cure it's a treatment that doesn't stop male pattern baldness. it slows it down

The clinical trials showed, or claimed, that about 66% of men regrew hair and stopped hair loss in 83%, but I often hear that it doesn't stop it just slows it. It must slow it to the speed of pond water.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
The clinical trials showed, or claimed, that about 66% of men regrew hair and stopped hair loss in 83%, but I often hear that it doesn't stop it just slows it. It must slow it to the speed of pond water.
It will slow over time. Not like the fear mongering that kids that say if it hasn't worked in a month it isn't working

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the year is 2022 or something and you still lose hair while using dutasteride, CB, and whatever else is in your routine, you are just gonna go bald because even a few drops of DHT in your blood is enough.

We have women here that are on spironolactone, dutasteride, and other blockers and still lose hair because of bad luck genetics.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 44 and nw3 vertex, so I don't think balding runs strong in my genes... but Ive heard sensitivity increases with age, who knows?

I guess I'll have to wait and see but it's the months of anxiety that is killing me.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I continuted to shed hair for 6 months straight on dutasteride with no signs of improvement.
At the 6 month mark, the shedding reduced drastically (but it was still there) and i started seeing signs of regrowth.